Posts by DL1DSN

Hallo Nick,

diese Lösung hatte ich auch schon gefunden. Sicher nicht schlecht, aber halt einige Spezial-Bauteile, Controller, Display usw. Da ich gern Analogschaltungen baue, habe ich eine eigene Schaltung entworfen. Diese soll über Line-In/Line-Out an die Soundkarte des PC's angeschlossen werden. CW-Ton wird per OPV als Sinus erzeugt, Frequenz variabel. Tastung am Ausgang via J-FET. Kopfhörer/Lautsprecher-Verstärker ganz einfach mit LM386 mit Mischer-Poti am Eingang, so dass man die RX-NF und den CW-Mithörton nach belieben mischen kann. TX/RX Umschaltung über die VOX in der SDR-Console. Das Teil hat nur keinen eigenen Keyer, den muss man also von außen noch anstecken, wenn man Squeezen will. Für Handtaste oder Bug würde es auch so gehen.

Gefällt mir trotzdem besser, als das herumprobieren mit irgendwelcher Keyer-Software auf dem PC, für die es evt. keinen Support gibt plus Latenz durch USB-Adapter plus Latenz durch VAC software + Kosten für VAC Software usw. usf.

@Ed as I did similar tests with the MorseKeyer software + VAC I have doubts that the latency between the squeeze keyer input and the CW audio is short enough for me. Can you provide the delay in ms between pressing the squeeze paddle until the CW tone is audible for you? Especially in the case, when FT232 module is used for USB connection. My PC has no classic serial port anymore.

Markus

DL1DSN

Hi all,

the topic is old - anyway - is there a solution for it ?

I came across the same issues all mentioned above when looking for the answer how to become QRV in CW on QO100 (and I'm still not).

I have a brand new station with Pluto RevD, external clock 40 MHz stabilized by GPSDO, same for LNB but 25 MHz, SG-Labs Pre-amp and PA, Teufel Headset, SDR-Console, 85 cm dish, homemade PotyFeed.

Station is running fine in SSB but I'm a bit disappointed because it seems to be difficult to operate in CW. I would like to use headphones for RX and I would like to hear the CW tone without any latency when making CW in the same headphones where I hear the downlink signal.

I have a FT232 USB module connected, CTS as key input line for MorseKeyer 4.3, virtual audio cable to SDR-Console - all fine. But when I try to hear my tone using the monitor function of SDR-Console, the latency issue comes up. No CW keying possible with that.

Is there any idea how to improve the situation (in the meantime) ? Sorry when I did not found an existing answer during my search - I've tried my best but was not successful.

73!

Markus

Hi all,

the thread is pretty old but maybe I still can help someone who comes across the same questions when set up a new station with Adalm Pluto Rev D (printed Rev C at the back of the box):

If you want to feed the new Pluto with an external clock, just connect a u.FL cable/plug to the CLK_IN socket as described above.

Then you just need to change 2 uboot environment variables:

1)

fw_setenv refclk_source external

2)

fw_setenv ad936x_ext_refclk_override <any_clock_you_want_to_have_in_Hz>

and if you made a typo and created a wrong env variable, just delete it with the fw_setenv command leaving the argument blank,

for example :

fw_setenv sometypoinvar

(no argument after the variable name !)

Thats it.

Have fun !

Markus