Posts by DL5RDI

@ PE1CHL and ON4BHM

in south east Germany (JN58xx) I can receive all BSS BADR4 transponders with my 85cm offset dish (strongest one is 11996 H (e.g. Deutsche Welle), but not the mena beam. On 11.270 I can see just a slight higher "noise" in the spectrum of about 35 MHz width - maybe that is the rest of the signal of the transponder from ES Hail 2 TV-Test pattern ???

Hello ON4BHM (I do not kano your name - sorry),

this a link to the BADR4 trasponders in 26 E postion.

https://de.kingofsat.net/sat-badr4.php

If you see transponders with other data then in the list above, they are probaly from Es Hail 2.

With your 1,8m dish you should not receive ASTRA 2 or other sat-postitions, when pointing to the ES Hail 2 postion in the moment (26.28°).

Pse tell me if there are any "new" transponders active.

73 de Johannes

Hello,

I just joined the forum. Just replaced my (unmodified) OCTAGON LNB with the DB6NT LNB and it is a difference like day and night concerning the frequency stability listening to the beacons. After 30 min no relevant drift, thus 100% suitable for "normal" users. The Qctagon LNB was always drifting a little bit even after 24h on power supply and no significant change in temperature.

I used the Octagon LBN to adjust my 85cm offset dish to BADR 4 postion (near the final Es Hail Sat postion 26°). Unfortunately the TV transponders of BADR 4 which are not "covered" by same QRG-transponders of Astra 2 can not be received (with my receiver) with the Kuhne LNB (these transponders start just below 12 GHz). (I reveive a few strong "lower frequency" transponders from ASTRA 2 even pointing on 26° E but that's due to my "small" dish)

The beacons in the moment seem to TX in H and V polarisation simultaniously (is this right ?) , thus I could not realy adust the skew angle right now (took -13 degree like for BADR4). But when the Amateur transponder beacons with H or V polarisation are online. the fine tweaking can begin.

73 de Johannes DL5RDI / AC2TR