Posts by DL5RDI

SWL-JanV

Hello,

I have the following settings in my V 8 for the beacon.

I have the same ZF in my LNB like you, so you just can copy-paste my settigs:

LNB-Frequency: 5150 (yes this is wrong QRG, but in this way it will work)

TransponderQRG: 4016 Horizontal, symbolrate 2000

DiseqC 1.0 and 1.1 disabled

22k off

Hope you succed.

73 de Johannes

on7kec:

thanks for the info !

Hello Chris,

Your image is showing the OUTPUT site of the device.

The "part" of interest switches between the RX and the TX-branche of the PA. If you want to use the PA only for TX (e.g. QO-100) then you can just bridge the part and get about one additional dB :-).

If you also need to RX via the PA this modifiaction is not suitable for you.

The "wire" goes from the marked PIN to the marked solder joint of the capacitor (not to the pin of the IC - the image is not very good thus someone could be miss leaded - so I repeat: solder to the marked point of the capacitor !!).

73 de Johannes

Hello,

I also own the V8 (FW at least 1 years old). I can receive the DATV-beacon (2Mbit) with now problem (also LNB changed from 25 to 24 MHz).

What is the size of your dish ( I have 85cm offset) ? Can you receive DW-TV or France 24 from BADR 4 ? (assuming that you are in middle europe - when you are in northern or western EU you wil not receive BADR 4).

73 de Johannes

HB9RYZ

Hello Wolfgang,

I modified this LNB (and many others of different typs) myself for external referenze input. In the moment I use a megasat Diavolo dual LNB. I use one F-connector for ZF and feed the LO (from Leo Bodnar GPSDO) via the other F-connector. I can Change the LO so that I can have a ZF from at least 400-1500 MHz - )70cm or 23 cm Amateur band included).

dl9sad

Thank you for the hint - i knew already. But you loose remarkable signal strength. For NB it is not so important (I have a 1,2m dish). But even with this dish weak WB-transmittions can not be decoded, which can be seen with a right alligned LNB.

BTW: Thank you again for the program you gave me !!!!

73 de Johannes

Hallo,

vielen Dank für die Info mit dem neuen BAMATECH-FEED und der Relais-Umschaltung. Das sollte klappen - Viel Erfolg !

Servus Johannes

P.s. Ich bleibe lieber bei meinen GPSDO-modifizierten 3 Euro LNB, welches schon in einem wasserfesten Gehäuse ist und nur eine Lötstelle zwischen den Antenne und dem "Konverter" hat - und das ganze an einem POTY - da geht SSB und DATV ;)

HB9RYZ

Hello Wolfgang,

the converter can not switch between polarities, when there is no physical antenna for this polarity. The "Hardware" (BAMATECH-Feed) has only one "antenna" for 10GHz for one polarisation plane. There is no second "antenna" in the horn for the other plane (you consecquently would have also two Output sockets for the two planes, but there is just one SMA-10GHz-output. (When you open a LNB you see two "antennas" (i.e. pieces of wire) orientated 90 degree to each other. Thus you can switch between horizontal and vertical).

With the KUNE converter you can switch between the frequencies where the Signal is convertd to, but not the polarity of the antenna.

Sorry - but I am just the bringer of the "bad" news. ;)

73 de Johannes

HB9SKA

Hello Thomas.

Wihout the modification the PA has a HF-Vox for switching between RX and TX. In this way you can use the PA for transmit or receive, like required for a normal simplex, terrestrial QSO in SSB, FM or CW.....

With this modification the PA is in permanent TX mode. You can no longer receive a signal "through" the PA. Thus this configuration is only suitable for a TX only operation.

Full duplex operation (on 2.4GHz two way) is not possible with this PA (neither with the unmodified PA nor with the PA modified in the mentioned way).

73 de Johannes

P.s. the "Power amplifier -PA" part of the QO-100 Wiki cited by DL4OCE is in my opinion of very "questionable" quality

DJ9JY

Hello Wolfgang,

with 100mW a modification of the PA is not mandatory. It will work just out of the box.

But if you want to tweak every mW you can think about the bridging of the Input RX-TX-switching diode (bringing a few more mW of drive to the transitors). And about bridging the Output switching diode (this improoved my signal via the transponder 1dB).

73 de Johannes

Radio amateurs who receive this transmission via QO-100, please send us acknowledgements or talk to DA0Apollo directly via shortwave or the NB transponder on QO-100.

I would realy like to speak to D0APOLLO and give feedback, but until now I just saw an activation on 20m which is to far for ground wave and to close for sky wave for me. Via QO-100 I did not find them yet. But perhaps tomorrow they consider to give a chance to OMs within 500km (e.g. 40, 80 or 160m) and/or a noticable presence on QO-100 NB transponder ;)

I still look forward to work DA0APOLLO ;)

73 de Johannes