Posts by DL5RDI

PA3FYM

no, I didn't measure the power, because I havn't a power-meter for 2,4 GHz ;( (I just can mesaure SWR and return loss in 2,4 GHz).

But I will measure it with a friend's equipment. (somewere in the www I earlier found an article from someone who measured this particular PA and it was close to 8W. As far as I remember there a two transistors in parallel).

I just made a qualitative test and it seems to "amplify" ;-).

73 de Johannes

Hello,

only for info for a minimalistic way to TX via the transponder:

just tested my planned portable setup:

TX:

- FT817

- SG-Lab-Transverter

- 10dB attenuator

- 8W WLAN-Booster (EP- AB003; ~55.- € - no modification- just out of the box) direct to the N-Input of the Antenna

- old 25 Element F9FT (Tonna) Yagi

RX: -when portable WebSDR (today was my onw 85cm offsetdish)

An I got a readable signal over the transponder. (I do not have a dB value, because I was holding the Yagi in one hand und the microphon in the other hand ;) - but I could hear me clearly).

The yagi needed a bit "modification" - it was resonant at 2,25 GHz (why ?) and after removing the first director I could measure a good SWR on 2,4 GHz and a return loss of -19 dB.

qed

73 de Johannes, DL5RDI, JN58xx

Hello Martin,

I also have the Kuhne Upconverter. You said you will write a software.

Could you implement ON/OFF and temperature readout.

I want to use my upconverter remote and so I could remote control the transverter (in the moment I use a terminal program, but this is very unconfortable).

Unfortunately do not program any more (20 years ago in basic and pascal ;) )

73 de Johannes, DL5RDI, JN58xx

Hallo,

danke für die Info, dann werde ich das so machen.

Bei OSCAR 10 und 13 QSOs gabs die elektronischen QSLs noch nicht, da habe ich immer Up- und - Downlink QRG auf die Karte geschrieben ;)

73 de Johannes

Hallo Thomas,

nur für die "Mitleser". Ich habe eine Antwort von Clublog bekommen. Es liegt wirklich an Cloblog. die höchste "unterstütze" Frequenz ist 13cm.

Nun denke ich darüber nach, ob ich die QSOs mit der Uplink-QRG in Clublog einspiele....

73 de Johannes

Danke Thomas,

aber es scheint nicht an XMLOG zu liegen, denn auch wenn ich die Daten in den rudimentären Editor von TQSL eingebe werden sie von Clublog nicht erkannt.

Somit wohl eher ein Clublog-Problem mit der hohen Frequenz ?

Lädt noch jemand die QSOs mit der 13cm QRG in Clublog hoch ? geht das ?

Vielen Dank für jeden Hinweis

Servus, 73 de johannes

Hallo alle zusammen,

hier eine Frage, die zwar nicht so richtig hierher passt, aber prinzipiell mit dem Betrieb über Satelliten, den QO-100 zu tun hat.

Ich logge die QSOs mit xmlog und gebe als QRG die Downlink-Frequenz von ca. 10500 MHz ein. Wenn ich diese Daten in Clublog lade, dann werden die (höchstwahrscheinlich wegen der Frequenzangabe) nicht angenommen (LOTW und Clublog geht einwandfrei).

Hat jemand die selben Erfahrungen gemacht ? mache ich einen Denkfehler ?

Das einzige was diese Datensätze von anderen QSOs unterscheidet it die hohe Frequenz (auch wenn ich als Mode SSB und nicht SAT angebebe werden sie zurückgewiesen.

Ich freue mich auf jede hilfreiche Antwort.

73 de Johannes,

I8LYL former I0LYL

I use very simmilar equipment. I point the dish to about 28E and look for a very strong signal (Astra 2, 28,2E) and then I got to the SAT-receiver, programed with the data of DEUTSCHE WELLE on BADR4 and turn the dish slowly to the west until I have a lock. And then I can make fine tuning (elevation, Skew etc..)

But this method does not work in northern or western europe, because BADR4 does not cover these regions (except you have a large dish)

RX 85cm offset, Kuhne LNB transponder noise 10-12dB above noise floor

TX 90cm grid-dish ("WLAN -dish") vertical polarisation with 15W on antenna; signal strenth in the lower 1/2 of "average" (but TX-antenna not yet 100% alligned).

Tnx for the good job to all who are spending their time and work for this project !

73 de Johannes

The first time i see the transponder switched on with my own RX (I am n QRL via Teamviewer) - 8 to 9 dB over the noise with my 85cm offset dish and DB6NT LNB - thus RX seems to be OK. The stable signal seems to be the lower NB beacon.....there a lot of QSB on the signal (>15dB)....can someone confirm that ?

Hello,

I have a "powebank" with LiFePo4 accus with 12V (20Ah). It has a 12V output (as emergency backup for starting small cars) - but allso good for protable HAM-radio operations. There is really "nothing" as pure 12V DC ;) - not even a fuse ;-). This is my "benchmark" for "clean" power supply.

73 de Johannes

P.s. it's amazing to see how the forum awoke from its "hybernation" since the anouncement from DB2OS of the opening ceremony of the transponder on 14. februray....

Hello Heiner,

is this the actual PA you are using ? As far as I can see there are no significant changes especially for "matching" to 2,4 GHz.

I just ask, because I have the same PA in "original" condition and I also want to modify it for 2,4 GHz - I do not need the first stage, but the HP-stage.

The hints in the WWW concerning modifications of this PA to 2,3 or 2,4 GHz all included changes in the matching of the transistors (pieces of copper and/or capacitors added).

73 de Johannes

Hello,

I am very curious how the 2,4G patch feed performs in this construction (e.g. return loss, circular polarisation). The sreews of the LNB-mounting are very close to the patch feed and could make serious interference....but you will let us know ;)

73 de Johannes, DL5RDI - JN58xx