Posts by DB8VB

Problem solved! Thank you very much for your suggestions.

A LTE/4G filter (which is nothing else but a ~790MHz low-pass filter) solved all my reception problems. Apparently, there was some unwanted hf from the surrounding cell sites affecting my QO-100 signal.

I noticed that some LNBs (including the one which had worked in my case) have an in-built LTE/4G filter. But some LNBs don't...

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas. So far, I have tried the Bullseye LNB which is supposed to work out of the box (I did not modify it by myself, it comes with a TCXO and is designed for QO-100). The two unmodified LNBs are a hb digital UHD 101S and a Skymaster. The UHD101S works (but it drifts of course).

dm4im: Actually, I feed 12V and not 14V. The Bullseye is supposed to work in vertical polarisation from 11.5V-14V. But maybe 12V are not enough. 14V are worth a try.

Dear all,

while trying to receive signals from QO-100, I observed a strange problem: the audio of the SSB signal is extremely scratchy, depending on the LNB.

Before identifiying the LNB as the culprit, I changed the SDR radio (Adalm Pluto vs. RTL Dongle), the software (SDR Console vs SDR Angel, including the latest updates), the DC source and I checked the Bias-T. I even changed the cables. Only after trying the third LNB, I had a clear audio signal.

What puzzles me is that two (Bullseye and a standard consumer LNB) out of three LNBs in my sample generate scratchy signals. Therefore, I assume that this might not be an uncommon problem.

Is there anybody who observed a similar signal and behaviour? Is there a way to solve this problem? Could it still be a software problem? Configuration? Help and ideas are highly appreciated. The reason why I'm asking is that I would like to work with the Bullseye. The one which works is not stabilised, yet.

73 de Timo