Posts by SWLSol

I see now that the patch was probably calculated for the L band, that frequency is far from Ku band. I must learn somehow how to calculate size vs frequency. In coils I know how to get it, a flat plate is another story.

The feed is the silver blob. Have to check why the center hole, maybe just for that, to center it.

Furthermore, I want something as an total integrated flat screen, so nobody get what it is. Can say it's a kind of solar panel of so.

Hi all,

I'm another newbie living near the equator. Since I have like many others an extreme tight budget, I want to try to build a vsat Ku band patch antenna with integrated LNB and BUC. It does not help that I have little scientific knowledge about the subject.

So here we go. The antenna I found is made from a copper clad PCB. Square reflector 170 x 170 mm and 94 x 94 mm transponder board.

My question now is, can I take a LNB board, solder a bit of coax to the antenna pins and the other side to the transponder board and likewise do something similar with a BUC?