Posts by PY1SAN

Hi VA2SZM

It's very good to have new colleagues at a club.

The output of SDRs are low power, and generally don't have many filters at the input or at the RF output. This makes it flexible in terms of use (works on multiple bands), and at an affordable price.

We avoid using relays or solid switching devices, as they have a lot of losses, noise, and cost a lot of money.

The idea of switching the input, output, bypass generates many problems. In other words, having multiband equipment at a few GHz is unfeasible for a low-cost assembler.

Ham prefers to assemble separate amplifier pallets. One for each band. These amplifiers have amplification stages, as needed P1dB, IP3, and have band pass filters within the desired frequency. Due to power levels, filters are separated for each stage and desired band.

An comercial HAM equipment (below 1 GHz) is most often built with an output power between 5 and 100 watts. For VHF and UHF satellites with 5 to 50 watts.

With 1 watt and depending on your location, you will make local contacts.

The input and output of an amplifier is a reference to the RF signal.

The variable gain amplifiers that I know of are for use in laboratories (generally under 10 watts) and cost a few hundred dollars. We generally calculate the gain of our antennas (VHF and UHF satellites we use directional Yagi antennas with at least 10 dBs of gain), the cable losses, and use a larger amplifier than necessary. Some commercial radios have adjustable power (0 to 100%) or programmed levels (5, 25, 100 watts).

Sandro Ribeiro

73 de PY1SAN

GG77

Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Great news df2et .

73 de PY1SAN

GG77

Rio de Janeiro

Hi Mike.

CW QO-100 Transmitter:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

73!

PY1SAN

GG77

Rio de janeiro

The ICS512 and similar devices have never been great performers in regards of phase noise. To my knowledge, these ICS-chips are also no longer manufactured. Renesas offers much better clock generators / jitter attenuators, like the 5P49V6975 or RC22504A. I actually just ordered a bunch of both devices a few weeks ago. Since they have multiple, independent outputs, I'd like to experiment with a versatile 10 MHz to some other frequencies translator prototype. It might be possible to use these devices to generate all the different frequencies one might need for a QO-100 set-up with just one device.

Great!

PY1SAN

GG77sn

Rio de Janeiro

Does anyone have a datasheet for the YP 242084 amplifier and the YS 1802 regulator used in this PA?

I know only Innotion YP242034:

https://forum.amsat-dl.org/cms…ionyp242034datasheet-pdf/

PY1SAN

GG77

I will remove the Quartz and the 2 capacitors. Remove solder from one of the F connector and add 25Mhz. Can you give me more details about the ferrite bead transformer ?

73 Petronel

YO8SEP

Hi Petronel.

There are others threads too.

73!

PY1SAN

GG77

Great !

PY1SAN

GG77SN

Resende - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Hi Enzo.

You probably have some RF feedback on the power supply line at its T Bias. When you use external power supply you isolate this way. In the Bias T +12 VDC try:

- Use some ferrite (bead, core or choke).

- Use some capacitors for RF decoupling (or feedthrough capacitor).

- A shielded cable for power supply.

73 de PY1SAN

GG77SN

Hi !

I tested this equipment some months ago:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I sent personal mensage with the driver + software (dg0opk, DL3ED, DL2SBA).

If you have problem to receive the mensage, please let me know.

73 !

PY1SAN

Sandro Ribeiro

GG77SN

Hallo, es gibt inzwischen die Variante im Alu Gehäuse mit 10GHz. Hat jemand die Software dafür (WIN 10!)

73 Peter

I tested a model of up to 10 GHz.

This one I have the software.

py1san at hotmail.com

Hi all and seasons greeting . I'm looking for the last version link for DVB-S demodulator   . Thanks & 73

Hi St2nh Nader. The link is (page 40 this thread):

73 !

Version 2.1.0

Download: http://v.1337team.tk/dvb-s_gui_amsat.zip

Changelog:

• Added support for 16APSK and 32APSK modcodes
    • Fixed demodulator using wrong modcodes in ACM/VCM mode
    • Fixed a crash occuring while cleaning up buffers on program exit
    • Fixed wrong scaling of TCP input samples using the F32 format
    • Fixed IQPlot imaginary axis being flipped
    • Removed QCustomPlot dependency

Congratulations Fazlay s21rc .

PY1SAN

GG77SN

As an update, I was able to feed directly 10MHz into my Rev. C/D Pluto. I used a 0.9Vpp square signal from a ENE3311B. Had to run, as per https://wiki.analog.com/university/tools/pluto/devs/booting:

Code
    fw_setenv refclk_source 'external'
    fw_setenv ad936x_ext_refclk_override '<10000000>'
    pluto_reboot reset

This way, 10MHz was enabled from the external input.

Congratulations PY3PK .

Does it work fine with 10 MHz?

PY1SAN

Resende - Rio de Janeiro.

GG77SN

Hi Fazlay.

1: Minimum Antenna dish size for receiving QO-100? ?

The elevation here (Brazil) is around 10 degree and many stations work with antennas between 60 and 90cm.

I worked portable in GG88HG (Juiz de Fora - MG) inside the hotel with 75cm dish:

[Blocked Image: https://cdn-bio.qrz.com/n/py1san/HH88HG.jpg?p=ded797c9461a578420de6931737016b4]

2. SDR or Icom UHF radio (by modifying LNB PLL frequency)? Which one would give better receive?

I prefer SDR. I like "see" all the NB Transponder spectrum.

73 !

PY1SAN

SANDRO

GG77SN