Posts by ta2nc

I wasnt in that meeting room for that particular meeting.. Probably miscopied the county names... Anyway.. please hold on until official announcement in 1-2 days..No need to ask anyone yet..

That's why I wrote "keep in group". But it seems it has no effect

Regards

I am right now on cpg-19 meetings as iaru region 1 observer.

Last night while France, Switzerland and Liechtenstein supporting art. 137, it has been rejected by Russia, Sweden, Spain, Germany, Czech, Finland, Portugal,Norway , Austria, Lithuania . Removed from further discussion topics. for now, 2m band is safe.

Ciao Vale, I think I will not be active for a while on Oscar-100 because I am not permitted and I am not an operator on the TC113PTR activity. But I do give technical advice and help them setup their station for this operation. I am mostly active on LEO satellites besides EME and MS work. Hope to meet you soon.

And Kalispera George, thank you for your effort on Erzincan EQ.

Yes we are entertaining ourselves with this hobby, trying new things, learning lots of information, and even we never wish, sometimes we need to use this information to save lifes.. I believe QO-100 will have a very important role in such disaster events. Easy to setup, low power consumption, never dependent on any propagation..

Just need a small dish and a clean sky view.. TA1E and TA4E will be qrv on QO-100 from Antalya area which I think you already met.

Best Regards.

PS: Already built my uplink transverter for 2.4 GHz. Maybe I may make a few pirate calls to test if it works hi hi.

Yes special permit has been taken for this activity.

So you can legally add it to your log.

And no. they dont give special permission to other hams.. this permission was given with the help of Emergency Communication Service to see how practical to setup such system incase of a disaster...

Maybe this may help to get permissions permamently in the future.

Hello,

There will be a special activity station as TC113PTR callsign ,

which will be qrv on HF+6m and additionally QO-100 (if everything goes well) between August 31st and September 1st 2019

More info about activity can be found at qrz.com with same callsign.

Regards

Hello and thanks for explaination.

I am planning to use this pa for ssb on qo-100 with hmc213 + 2x spf5189

which i guess gives enough power to drive the PA

We are not allowed to use 13 cm band in TA so, I wont need two-way communication for now.

Isn't this mod needed for SSB communications? Or do you think it is fast enough to handle tx/rx switching during ssb modulation??

For now putting a little drop of solder between pin4-5 put the PA on permanent TX state..

Not much left to do to be qrv on qo-100

OCXO Checked.

ADF4351 Checked.

Antenna Checked..

PA Checked..

filters and lnas checked

only need to find a stable way to limit my ft847 to 10 dB for mixer

I have the 4W version of the PAs.

Seems like the mod needed for this needs really very still hands..

And a very nice solder tip hi hi.. Dont have any of them..

Maybe it might be easier to build the vk2xax solution at vklogger, a diode , a resistor and 12v

First question.. what kind of diode should i use,

Second, is there any easier way that i can try???

PS: Just noticed Alex's note.. So shorting pin 4-5 will be enough I suppose.

Interesting subject :) I was thinking DATV side for mobile usage, so maybe 1 but 1.2 wont be that practical.

But, I think, i prefer bigger antenna less power..

J

Very useful information Heiner . Thank you.

Maybe you know, 2.4 GHz is still not allowed in TA.

We are planning to organize a "quick demo" to show QO-100 abilities to goverment to ask for this permission..

Thats why specially an DATV tx is much more better advertiesement that they can understand hi hi...

Ok. collecting necessary needs for now.. I may "disturb" the group if any more details needed.

Best Regards.

Hello OM,

Please correct me if I am wrong.. but what is the basic setup for DATV tx on QO100..

I think we need adalm-pluto + PA(how many watts needed min for 60cm dish?)

DATV Express as tx software ...(does it work with adalm??)

and for rx minitioune is enough i guess.

Can you confirm?

Hello, At last found an LNB in Turkish local market

RX sensivity is not good as octagon according to my humble comparison but it has NXP PLL circuit.. and crystal . Stable enough for SSB rx.

It is same board as Opticum Robust

It is sold as MAG PLL LNB Single in Turkey.

I also had a twin model..which has DRO in it.

Thanks to TA1D for opening up the single model and finding this.