Posts by DL2NED

What is the reason to use the filter? You want a sine wave as a reference, but why? I used the Leo Bodnar mini GPSDO with and without a filter. No difference in receiver performance.

Hello Patrick,

yes, I want a sine wave. Before I had used a chinese GPSDO device and this generated multiple spectras. I am also using the Leo Bodnar device now. I haven't test it without the filter.

Now it is implemented and works perfect..

Hello Heiner, I have also a board with the PE4312. Where can I get the Arduino LCD Display and the software code for adjustment?

My Transverter and PA is 50m away from my Shack. Is it possible to adjust the PE4312 remotely?

It would be nice to have the attenuation value visable in the Shack. So I could also adjust the power by remote.

My RX setup is finally running since today.

I am using a 1,2m dish with an Octagon LNB. The LNB is modified for feeding in the LO.

I have used different OCXOs und GPSDOs von China. But the Leo Bodnar GPSDO is much cleaner. The QRG of the LO is 27.85015 MHz in order to have almost the same kHZ digits on 432.xxx MHz. I have used two low path filters from WIMO do clean the signal. I have now a clean Sinus wave.

The chineese devices are generating harmonics even with a 30 MHz low path filter.

For transmitting I am using a 1m mesh dish from RF Hamdesign with original helix feed.

I will transmit on 23cm to feed the BU500. After the BU500 I have a 50 MHz Bandpass filter for 2.4 GHz to eliminate the stron IF from the BU500.

As PA I have a modified 2.1 GHz 120Watt PA. Which is too much power. I have to play with a chain of attenuators to reduce the power.

The TX path will take another 4 Weeks I guess. I have too less time for ham radio..

Martin

Thank you. I have some SDRs from RFspace. So I can monitor the signal.

Transmitting on 23cm with BU500 and 2.4 GHz 50 MHz Bandpass, receiving on 70cm (LNB with GPSDO).

The SDR is linked parallel to the receiver (connected to the 10 MHz IF output).

Receiving Antenna is 1,2m offset Dish.

I am going to transmit first time via Satellite the next week. I have understand the level of the beacons are the maximum allowed power level.

I am using a 1m prime focus mesh dish with a helix feed.

How much power should I use? What is the estimated necessary power for a good signal but not too strong?

I can adjust my power between 100mW and 120Watt. I was thinking to start with 10 Watts. The transverter is installed very close to the feed just 2m high quality cable.

Is this too much?

Thank you for your advice and suggestions. Satallite Amateur Radio is new to me.

Regards

Martin

Good old AOR5000 receiver with a SDR connected to the 10 MHz IF output. The BW is 10 MHz of the receiver.

My old one is reaching 2,6 GHz. The last generation of the receicver can receive up to 3 GHz.

Hello!

I have a GPSDO system already in my shack. Based on the 10 MHz signal, I would like to generate a 27.8516 MHz LO for my already modifed LNB (the XTAL has been removed).

Does anyone know a usable DDS board to generate the LO frequency based on the 10 MHz reference clock? I bought on ebay a board with ext. clock input, but the output signal is garbage. (Name of the product: DDS Board with ext. reference clock) Don't use it!

Thank you for any suggestion!

Regards

Martin, DL2NED (near Nuremberg)