Posts by SWL - markro92

Hi, i can try a linux build, but with less supported devices at first. rtlsdr should work for sure, already tried that one. we'll see. Will consider that for next release. But i'll need to port some of the assembler code which is a little bit of work to do.

Hi, it works for me. Can soneone else confirm that it's not working? I switched over to another hosting provider last week, but that shouldn't have caused any downtime :/

The IP address should be this one: 5.181.50.78

By the way: i'm fixing some minor bugs at the moment, new version should be there on monday. don't expect too much :) i'll fix dvb-s1 (which also includes the IQ plot not updating), make the local oscillator frequency changeable, and fix a crash when closing PLotoSDR devices and re-opening them.

Version 2.0.14

Download: http://v.1337team.tk/dvb-s_gui_amsat.zip

Changelog:

• Added automatic modcode selection for DVB-S2 frames.
    • Added experimental support for PlutoSDR (Adalm Pluto)
    • Multicore LDPC Decoding
    • Slightly increased FIR Filtering performance (about 10%)
    • Support for dragging the transponder overlay, instead of only handling click events.
    • More compact UI to be more suitable on devices with smaller screen resolution (e.g. 1366x768)
    • Worker Stats debug box is now hidden by default.

PlutoSDR support is still experimental. For me, 5 and 6MHz are the only Bandwidths that really work without dropping samples.

LDPC decoding with multiple threads seems stable on my system. I'd like to hear your reports about CPU utilization etc...

If some of you can test symbolrates between 2MS and ~8MS, that would be great. There are many transponders on Broadcast satellites.

Next, i need to cleanup the codebase and do a experimental linux build. Probably with reduced support for input devices. Tell me which linux distributions you use. (Arch Linux fan here :D)

Thanks for testing :)

Marcel

Hi, i got the PlutoSDR working and i'm quite impressed. It's outperforming my other hardware so far :)

version 2.0.14 is around the corner, but there are a few things that still need rework. I'm aiming for a release on thursday. The LDPC decoder now uses all available threads to distribute the work. I was able to receive newsfeeds at 23,5°E with 7200ksym 8PSK 3/4.
    The Screenshot shows the transponder 11679V at 23,5°E (polish radio stations)

Random question: is someone running this on AMD hardware?

Hi, quickly wanted to let you know that i've just ordered myself an Adalm Pluto :D

I'll try to add support to the demod gui the week before christmas.

Also, one of my goals is to implement LDPC decoding with multiple CPU cores.

Marcel

G0MJW: 8PSK modcodes are not supported in version 2.0.10. They were first introduced in version 2.0.12

But you are right about the UI Design. Many Laptops have 1366x768 as a resolution, but the window is about 947 pixels high. Never thought about high DPI displays. I'll also address this problem soon.

I'll release a new version (2.0.13) today with a few fixes. In summary these are: 8PSK short frame support, GUI cleanups (and new tooltips), and support for offset tuning by clicking the right mouse button. There is also an overlay showing transponder bandwidth requested by DB8TF.

There is also a 100% performance update for FIR filtering (atleast on my CPU). These two changes will be useful for future extensions like multi transponder decoding.

@G0MJW: yes, that's exactly what happens.

@R0AU: If LDPC takes too long, maybe you've chosen the wrong modcode from the list. Also, weak signals mean more CPU load for LDPC decoding.

Next version won't have the list, because it's coded inside the DVB-S2 frame anyway. I'll also implement multithreading for the LDPC decoder, so it will benefit from multiple CPU cores.

Looks good, but no carrier lock. Can you increase the Loop gain temporarily?

If you have lock, try reducing gain and damping sliders again.

Also try re-checking the enable checkbox. On RTLSDR the Signal needs to be centered very well.

Yes that's correct :) i thought about including an option in the config file for that, but i didn't want to keep you waiting any longer. definitely next version, which will be very soon, i think next week. I'm working on multithreaded LDPC decoding, because that's the bottleneck right now.

ALso, i forgot to include the readme.txt, i'll update it and put it into the next update.

@Tony: you can set the color in the config.ini file.

ui_iqplot_rgb = 10 70 100

the 3 numbers are red/green/blue channels ranging from 0 to 255, where 0 is low, and 255 is high intensity.

For example 255 128 0 would be orange, 0, 0, 64 would be dark blue etc...

Version 2.0.12

Download: http://v.1337team.tk/dvb-s_gui_amsat.zip

Changelog:

• Added Support for 8PSK modcodes
    • Added Equalizer (improves SNR by reducing channel impairments)
    • LDPC decoder performance optimizations
    • FFT performance optimizations
    • Saving last settings on a per-device basis (like freq, gain, filter, bw)
    • Showing Ku-Band Lo/Hi frequencies next to IF frequency.
    • Fixed maximum symbolrate being limited to 8000ksym/s even if the config value was set higher
    • Made IQ Plot color changeable via config file
    • Minor UI Changes

I haven't tested this version with Es'Hail 2, only used commercial satellited for testing.

Also, there could be problems with saving/loading settings for certain device types. I haven't tested them all.

There is a new MOD_LOCK checkbox inside the debug section, that's for locking the current modcode. It could help keeping weak signals locked, i left it in this version just in case.

As always, let me know what you think. If there are major problems, i'll release a fix as soon as possible.