Posts by G0MJW

You can easily remove it with Chipquick if you want to, otherwise disable it. Then you can fit a TCXO on the board and make connections. Note it is on the underside in the Rev D. However, much better to use an external oscillator, you could always put the whole lot in another screened box.

A 75cm dish is not really big enough for TV, it will work but the 10 GHz receiver needs to be optimised. The 2.4 GHz can be solved with more transmitter power. All dual band feeds have some loss. If there is space, 75cm dishes are easy to obtain relative to larger ones, it might be best to use two dishes, one for TX, one for RX. That way both can be optimised. Also do not forget that at 2.4 GHz a dish is not the only option. A yagi can have similar gain to a small dish.

All I did was run the two executables on the git hub, then Droidcam appears in the OBS tools menu. If you run it, there is a virtual webcam with the names "DroidCam Video" and "Microphone (DroidCam Audio)"

I run a script which I have coped above. You can't use DATV Easy as it seems to have the source names wired in, but it will only be a matter of changing those and re-compiling so the developer won't have too much to do. The only difference is it is necessary to set the resolution and audio rate required or Driodcam won't know what to send it and will default to probably 640x480. This is what the command segment above does. It requests 1280x720 video and 48kHz audio.

droidcam works fine with the phone webcam, but virtualcam on obs 27.2.4 is used to transmit the whole screen of obs to pluto!

there are 2 different functions, or at least with obs 28 it is not possible to communicate between OBS and DATV Easy!

Please look at the actual link! IF you were to do so you would find that Droidcam does both these things., with different applications. DATV easy will need to be updated, but it is a very minor update to the name of the sources.

Even so, people will need to upgrade eventually. The built in MPEG Transport Stream Generator and H264/5 codecs are not really suited to our means. It would be so much better if we could find someone able to develop a DATV plugin for OBS that would generate a transport stream. This would save messing about with OBS Record or RTMP streaming or Virtual cameras and would probably fix the lip sync issues that also often occur.

Incidentally, DroidCam https://github.com/dev47apps/ has a virtual camera output, with audio, that works with OBS. It is quite easy to use.

For those with intel CPUs of recent vintage, a batch script like this may prove useful.

c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg -f dshow -video_size 1280x720 -rtbufsize 100M -i video="DroidCam Video" -thread_queue_size 512 -f dshow -i audio="Microphone (DroidCam Audio)" -vcodec hevc_qsv -bf 0 -pix_fmt nv12 -b:v 220k -r 15 -preset slow -profile:v main -acodec aac -aac_coder twoloop -ar 48000 -ac 1 -b:a 32k -f mpegts -muxrate 325k -streamid 0:256 -streamid 1:257 -metadata service_provider="YOURCALL" -metadata service_name="YOURNAME" -max_delay 2500000 -pcr_period 40 -pat_period 0.4 "udp://192.168.2.1:8282?pkt_size=1316"

once suitably edited for name, callsign and IP address might be useful. As usual edit muxrate and video rate to suit the symbol rate. The above assumes 325kb/s which would work with 250ks 2/3 FEC.

The video size parameter is important as it instructs Drodcam what to send to the codec. You may get away with a smaller buffer but RAM is cheap. Attached an image of it working, sending to VLC, slightly earlier script.

[Blocked Image: https://forum.batc.org.uk/download/file.php?id=5385]

Mike

This is what google is for. I don't have a link but I do recall it was discussed recently. Also on FB Jim posted something on 23rd December https://www.facebook.com/groups/BATCOnline

https://www.facebook.com/group…rmalink/5067390953293341/

A word document, Modifications to Nokia single transistor pallet for 2.4GHz, it looks the same to me.

As they stand , these pallets average around 30 watts max output at 2.4GHz but with simple modifications they can be improved to give 70 – 90 watts.

It occurs to me some people may not know how to do this. You need an OTG Ethernet adapter and a Y-cable for power. Don't try to power from the Pluto, it may work but often doesn't, at least not reliably. Pluto will use DHCP to get an IP address from your router. Find out what it is and enter it in SDR Console. Set up will look something like this highlighted:

The difference is the IP address.

Mike