Posts by ON4CJQ

Should this be possible with single LNB's? I tried this with Octagon Single, with BPF L-C from F-conn to xtal (pin20 on RDA3560), only works OK with external ref, nothing with internal xtal. Disconnecting the BPF from xtal, it works normal with internal xtal. I think i look something overhead or miss a clue.

Jerry,ON4CJQ

There are some logprograms which cannot log a sat qso. The right way is with uplink freq, propagation mode SAT, sat name etc as mentioned above. Without this it is logged like an ordinary 13cm and that is not the same. In Eqsl you can see all received qso's, even if they don't match while in LOTW only the matched qso's are visible(if i'm not wrong). I use VQlog since years, but it is not freeware. Wrong received qsl's(paper or digital) are rejected.

Best 73's, Jerry

Hello

I think the operator is more responsible for being simplex or duplex at the sat instead off people who sell the stuff. I use mostly my simplex station with a websdr on the background( on smartphone or pc) instead off my other setup and had never complains about being of freq.

When there is a dx station active, and not working split, why so much duplex working stations are to high or to low on his freq??? Their stations not calibrated correctly? +-30% stations are off freq! This is not the case when the dx station is working split because you can call wherever you want.

Allways complains about being simplex or duplex, why not complaining about all the stations being much stronger then the beacon? That's also a 'rule'.

Best 73's, Jerry

I received a qsl at EQSL with the TOGO callsign, but not as sat-qso, just as 13cm qso. That is a big difference which gives is no match in EQSL and LOTW,etc,so asked him last weekend to correct the uploaded qso's. He confirmed immediatly my mail and will try to do a correction. Fingers crossed.

73's Jerry

Jack

If you check the bandplan, you see why there is a 500kc difference.

Using the FT857 is not a problem, just use it in SPLIT, band A for rx and band B for tx or vice versa. Ones you know your shift between up and dwn link, it's easy to use.

73's

Jerry

Hello Andreas,

How far is the powermeter on the Kuhne-uplinkconv blinking, full range output LED's? Assuming full lighting bar means 20w out? Did you measure the current when in tx? PTT line ok?

On the picture you have 1500mW at feed, so normally this should be good enough to have a better signal when using a 90cm dish.

Best 73's,Jerry

Hi Thomas,

You are right in some way, yes, i agree to use full duplex on sats which is easier to compensate the doppler shift; you can do it also on semi-duplex, but harder to make qso's.

But QO-100 is geo-stat sat without doppler. So i don't see any problem not hearing your own signal.I have different setups for working this sat, since i'm active from the first day, all to be used in a different way, but have 1 favorite,hi.

73's Jerry

Ok Robert,

To bad from CMO, but a lot of suppliers have troubles since the pandemic started.BTW,never got complaints about working simplex. Once your signal is ok, it doesn't make a difference to be on air in any way.And needing to hear yourself,hmm, that's why a lot of stations have echo's when transmitting and delayed reception at the background.I don't think you listen to your own signal too when working split on HF? I guess not.

When using your trx's, a suggestion: dx patrol tx board+ampli with 10m IF using 7300, and for RX a simple modified lnb injected by a ref signal between 25-26MHz (if internal xtal is 25MHz) to receive directly at 439MHz on IC-7000, antenna feed could be a helix in front of the lnb(cost effective). Or Kuhne Electr if money is not a problem. For rx see Tranverterstore.com, has a G0MRF rx board directly from lnb into 2m and 739MHz(sdr-stick)

73's, Jerry

Hello Robert,PC5E

Why not thinking about PE1CMO? Simplex with IC-7000 on 70cm? NEVER problems for tuning uplink and downlink, you only need a 10MHZ for locking. That's all!! Most easy working setup on QO-100. Now a lot of people are still tuning around while tx-ing to their receiving part,because they just don't know how much the offset is between their rx part and receive part. It is very much annoying.

Such a schematic looks messy due to all different part which need to be used. For some it's fun for building it all together, others like it more straight forward and easy to use. If you like some pictures, i can sent some to you. At first i was using duplex station also, but to much equipment etc was used. But of coarse, the price may be an issue. Try to make a stand-alone station, completely PC-free...it works best. That's my opinion.

73's,Jerry

VQlog from EA6VQ, very good for logging all, but mainly here for VHF and up and SAT qso's. Easy for uploading to LOTW, EQSL...

Don't forget to use SAT as propagation mode, and the right sat-name and tx freq band, like 13cm on QO-100, and not the IF freq.

73's, Jerry

I also upload on eqsl and LOTW, easy to do. But on eqsl, i reject more then 30% of received qsl's because a ot of people log SAT qso's as a simple band qso, and that is a big difference. At eqsl you can see all received qsl's, even if those which are not logged as sat qso; on LOTW you can't see uploaded qsl's if the don't match with your uploaded log. I don't accept for example a QO-100 qsl if it just logged as a 13cm contact, neither from the LEO-sat contacts.

It is also important to use the TX freq for logging a sat qso, and not the RX freq; RX freq is used by SWL's.

A lot of qso's aren't confirmed yet, i guess not that much people use LOTW, but morelikely EQSL...or just nothing.

73's, Jerry

How about the dozens of ham's who use the web-SDR as receive system, because their own system isn't working that good on rx or even don't have an rx setup, isn't this remote too?

73's Jerry

This is my portable setup, the only thing you don't see on the picture is the FT817 and dc supply.

35cm with well tuned helix 5.25t and with 6W only, i have 3dB less sig in peaks then upper beacon some weeks ago,so before the wider bandwidth we have now on the transponder.

It's working better then the patchfeed. I have made a comparison list with different antennes for uplink, i will post it here later.

Hmm, looks file is to big, need to change size first.

Robert

you can make a mall on a foam plate, calculating X and Y axis values and write them down on the foam. You will get a nice parabole and cut it out carefully. Check the shape off your dish and use the mall for resizing your dish to a bigger reflector. Also the position of the feed changes. When using mesh on 3cm, theory says 1/10(3mm) but that is too big. In practice 3mm*3mm is maximum use on 3.4GHZ. Try to use 1mm*1mm or smaller. Also the shape of the complete dish surface must be within 1.5mm.

I made a mall for a mesh dish extension from 1.90m to 2.7m,but doing the extension will be in a few weeks when it's getting warmer.

73's Jerry

As far as i know, i thought 3A is not allowed above 70cm for amateur use, or am I wrong?

If it was allowed, i would be activated last september by one of our clubmembers.

But i could be wrong.

Jerry

I now assume that the LSP-02G is meant for center fed dish ?

I don't think it's for a prime, seen at the shape off the horn. Prime use more the Chaparral design.

Anyone has an image of a seperated lnb from its Bamatech waveguide?

It should be easy to change the lnb into another brand, but i'm not sure.I don't have a Bamatech.

Mine is DC5GY duoband feed with modified lnb on the back off the waveguide.