Posts by ON4CJQ

Hello David, i did it another way, but i've cut the horn where it has +- the diameter of the inner size from the copper tube, i think 4mm is left from the lnb, just enough to punch it into the pipe. Then i used an adapter with inner dia 22mm,outer 25mm which sleeves over the copper tube and the waveguide from my feed.NOTHING is screwed and fits nicely,doesn't move anything.

73's Jerry

Guntram, are you in the focuspoint of the dish? Try to move the feed towards the dish,or away from it and look on the websdr for your uplink sig, for rx side use sdr stick+ program to see the difference.

I have a patch for the uplink in a 60cm dish with f/D 0.4, and works FB for uplink, another same dish i also have here with a ve4ma waveguide feed for rx,but this feed has choke ring to meet the dish better.

I can compare the 60cm with patch and my 95cm offset with dualbandfeed tomrrow if you like. 60cm should be less strong, in order +-2.5dB

73's Jerry

Hi Frank, 2db lower then the beacon with 5w onto a 31cm dish is very very high, are you sure about the uplink power? Such a small dish has 27db on the dwnlink, a 85cm about 10db more. So most of us has about 2dB less than beacon with 4-5w on 85cm!

I even heard someone today with 2W in a 85cm dish and was 6dB stronger then the upper beacon.Impossible so much differences,in the understanding that all is correct mounted,though.

73's

Jerry

Hello sat-friends

I use VQlog since years, FB software for sat qso's. I log on LoTW, EQSL and Clublog, but especially at EQSL i reject a lot of qsl's because people log a sat qso as a simple SSB/CW/... qso, and that is NOT the same. You need to log as SAT qso,

About using remote controlled stations...everyone wants antennes on top off a hill to get most out of the station especially on higher frequencies. In my eyes, a qso should be made from the same location(rx/tx), using remote stations is just fooling yourself but that's peoples own choice.

I just use web-sdr for testing my own stations, and if i can't hear a station with my setup then it's a pitty so i know i have to improve.

About DXCC on QO-100, some countries don't have access on 13cm, but how do we have to know this? Is there a list available? Making qso's with illegal stations is a waste of time.

73's Jerry

You can receive the beacon with only an lnb, this way you can find the direction of the sat, and fine tune the dish afterwards. I don't use compass for searching mostly, just elevate the dish at 26° and turn around between E and S. Easy to find it.

73's Jerry

OK, strange, I have good results with these converters. Measured the output voltage 'unloaded' first (check!) , connected my amplifier (check!), it worked (and still works!) flawlessly and could discard my seperate 28V power supply.

Ok Remco, the output-elco's on mine are rated 35V 1nF, also on yours?

Maybe i just have 2 bad ones,hi.

Heiner, tnx for info, but i do it this way for easy use on 12v when using /p, and i need only 3A on 28v; 24V is a little too less.

73's Jerry

I bought two of these (2.30 U$ each incl. shipping).

I bought 2 of these like Remco, and on each of them without load, (only 14.1V input) 1 off the 2 elco's on the output were blown, which results in a 5cm hole in the plastic case cover. How could that happen? The same elco on each board. Gonna try to find out what the problem is first. It was for driving the amplifier in my PE1CMO box.

73's Jerry

Hi Kurt,

I use DK2FD ampli's on different bands, as from PE1RKI and DG0VE(SK).

DX-patrol is going to bring a 20w out for Eshail i have heard. And on Hamradio Friedr i think there will be a lot...

73's

Jerry

Ok, i didn't express me well. I don't compare them, it's just a thought. For jumpers i use Aircell7 inside and outside, and the sucoflex,or RG142 types jumpers is just what i have in the box here, and is used on the dishes They are expensive,yes, but i meant to use smaller diameter coax to make it more flexible. Which...it depends on how much someone wants to spent his money for. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Jerry

David,

Ecoflex15 inside the house is overkill i think. Better use some Aircell 7 or Rg142 types, easier to use for short runs. I use that too, even thinner ones.And to the dish, you can even use Ecoflex10, that gives you almost 3dB loss on 2.4GHz. You will see with max 5w on a 1m dish,ur signal will be more then 20dB above the transponder noise. At my setup, 95cm offset, i use 1.50m Sucoflex-104 (so 0.5dB loss) between transverterbox and feed.

Jerry

Hoi Andreas,

i also was one of the first who got the CMO-box. Very nice thing to have, end less cables to be used compared to my other setups. Only used it in simplex mode, not having any problem yet. I have no problem on working simplex, because with my 'normal' setup i cannot hear myself neither. FT-817 in SPLIT mode with front-bnc conn for uplink 144 IF via transverter+ rear-N conn for dwnlink 439 via modified octagon board.

Also FT847 is used in duplex mode, but pff. The FT817 method or CMO-box is preferred here.

Jerry