Posts by ON4CJQ

Hi Kurt,

I use DK2FD ampli's on different bands, as from PE1RKI and DG0VE(SK).

DX-patrol is going to bring a 20w out for Eshail i have heard. And on Hamradio Friedr i think there will be a lot...

73's

Jerry

Ok, i didn't express me well. I don't compare them, it's just a thought. For jumpers i use Aircell7 inside and outside, and the sucoflex,or RG142 types jumpers is just what i have in the box here, and is used on the dishes They are expensive,yes, but i meant to use smaller diameter coax to make it more flexible. Which...it depends on how much someone wants to spent his money for. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Jerry

David,

Ecoflex15 inside the house is overkill i think. Better use some Aircell 7 or Rg142 types, easier to use for short runs. I use that too, even thinner ones.And to the dish, you can even use Ecoflex10, that gives you almost 3dB loss on 2.4GHz. You will see with max 5w on a 1m dish,ur signal will be more then 20dB above the transponder noise. At my setup, 95cm offset, i use 1.50m Sucoflex-104 (so 0.5dB loss) between transverterbox and feed.

Jerry

Hoi Andreas,

i also was one of the first who got the CMO-box. Very nice thing to have, end less cables to be used compared to my other setups. Only used it in simplex mode, not having any problem yet. I have no problem on working simplex, because with my 'normal' setup i cannot hear myself neither. FT-817 in SPLIT mode with front-bnc conn for uplink 144 IF via transverter+ rear-N conn for dwnlink 439 via modified octagon board.

Also FT847 is used in duplex mode, but pff. The FT817 method or CMO-box is preferred here.

Jerry

Wolfgang, i use the same type of octagon, but only the board, i cut off the horn. It is modified for external ref input 25,......Mc to lock on GPS. I cutted one of the 2 F-conn tracks on the board, and with a dc blocking cap the ref sig is going in, workes FB. Also using Bodnar dual gpsdo with 10mhz and between 25-26mhz outputs. Look for G4JNT mods on lnb.

Jerry

Hello Mark, try to change the freq by 1Hz maybe, anothers tried the same and that worked. AND a LPF on the output is used here because the outputs are not clean sinwave, so i made a small 10MHZ LPF, will make some for 25/27 also for the second output.

Jerry

I found the Avengers today in the Netherlands on a hamfest for 7€, they are identical to the songle octagons with 27MC. I will check if i can find his details, he was a French guy.

Jerry

Today i was in Rosmalen - Netherlands, on a hamfest; there was a French guy who was selling the Avengers -PLL lnb's for 7€ which he had plenty off ,so i bought some which are identical to the single octagons with 27Mc, i found also the SR-320 but need to check the inside later, price was the same.

Yesterday eve we did some measurements on the gpsdo's, Leo Bodnar dual output and G3RUH model, output wasn't clean enough, but with extra 10MHz LPF it was ok.So i need to make an LPF for 25 and 27 for the other output also.

Jerry

Maybe you could try only a patch for the uplink, like i did 2weeks ago. Works ok with +-10w on to the patch. It was mounted on top of a 30cm small offset dish (from a camping set) for the receive.

Mine is a G3RUH patch.

Jerry

Thanks Michael, i think if you inject 27.84184701 you are on 435,

27.8501547 should be 432 if i'm correct. It's nice to see the kHz on the 70cm are identical to that of the dwnlink, hihi. I didn't try these 2 freq yet to see what i got, but i wil after the coming weekend.

S59MZ, nice to see how you put the coax thru,i gonna try this just to see how easy it is, but i prefer the F, i have no interests in WB 'yet'.

Jerry

Hello Mike5000

i use the dual output gpsdo for years now, and it works FB for me. 2 different output sigs are possible, independent programmed. For example, 1 output locks 3 transverters simultaneously on 10MHz with a 4 way output splitter,the second output gives me 25.7.....MHz to lock the lnb for rx on 439MHz. I also have a G3RUH GPSDO with 1 10MHz output to a 4*10MHz splitter.

Jerry

Hello all,

still experimenting on equipement, but this is what i'm using since a week now:

TX: Kuhne transverter with 2m IF and an amplifier , 2W(or max 4W,depending on used dish) at feed into a dualband feed on 95cm offset; or 60cm prime with G3RUH patch or 3.75t helix.

RX: octagon pll lnb into 30cm!!!! small camping dish, to IF 439MHz. FT-847 will be used in SAT-mode and NORMAL tracking, so allways on right freq shift. All is GPS locked.

transponder noise +-12db above local

Will put some more info on my test later.

Jerry