Posts by ON4CJQ

Johannes

i wil check it tomorrow evening, when i have time, on the SDR. Station is closed at the moment for today. I was using RTL SDR at first, but since i modified the octagon for IF 439MHz, i use FT847 for rx, whereas the noise level is S7-8 on the transceiver when using the small 30cm dish.I just switch on the ATT on the radio. One of these days i gonna try a variabel attenuator btween the biasT and the radio. With only the LNB(without dish) for rx, not yet the level, just by ear,hihi.

73's Jerry

I did some test today with a small 30cm dish, from a camping-set, even with only de Octagon pointed to the sat, i copy everything. Location is NE Belgium. Octagon is locked on +-25.7MHz to 439 MHz out.

Jerry

Hello,

I read on another forum that this helix from Winkler isn't worth the money to spent for, return loss (SWR) should only be +-4dB and circularity looks very bad. So test it first before you use it.

Jerry

Some tests today. EB high beacon received with 22dB S/N. Equipment used: Dual mode contest LNB with Octagon PLL print connected to it. I use the board to test it with different feeds on sat TV receive for optimal postion on different dishes. Second beacon receive test with modified TVRO LNB( made waveguide 20mm and sma at 1/4L from closed end, 3rd LNB test was done with Otagon single pll LNB out of box(not locked). SDR rtl dongle with HDSDR. For some reason,at the low EB beacon my noiselevel is quite high, so no copy at the moment. Dish is Triax 95*85cm. I will do some tests with other dishes

Jerry