Posts by M0GIW

Good Morning

I e-mailed Amsat-DL about returning this board but received no reply.

Having spent some time with this board in the Lab at Finningley ARS we have finally achieved real stability.

No need for a case, no problem with draft and no problem with vibrations tapping on the desk.

We have ditched the supplied GPS, and taken the TCXO out of circuit and injected a stable 40Mhz ref from a Leo Bodnar GPS.

The Board is now stable on the test rig, however there is a huge amount of Gain on the IF so we added some Attenuation.

The 24Mhz ref to the LNB is now exact.

Dave

Good Evening

Last December I purchased a V3D downconverter, GPS module and the modified LNB from the AMSAT-DL shop.

Due to a house move I have only recently unpacked and installed the connectors as set out in the WiKi pages.

I aligned my 80cm dish using a cheap £18 pound modified ebay LNB and then installed the V3D, GPS and LNB.

All lights on the board and GPS came on as per the WIKI, however it was immediately noticeable that the stability was, well unstable, indeed the CW beacon was drifting wildly.

Now I have double read the WiKi, I have double checked the connections, I have tried using the board without the GPS as set out in the WiKi, still unstable,

I note from the Forum that others have mentioned the same issue and that a "box" is required to prevent "wind" on the TCXO, Ive also seen that others have put foam on the TCXO.....

At this time I am just hugely disappointed with this board, at Eur 353 I didnt expect it not to work without having to then additionally purchase a box etc

Tomorrow hopefully I can ( with some assistance ) test the board further at our local club with test equipment, incase I have made some error, but for now it is very puzzling that the board, in an unboxed state can be so unstable and completely unusable.

Dave M0GIW

Good Morning All

Having fun on QO-100 from Cyprus as 5B4AOB, tnx for QSO's so far.

Does anyone know if there is an archive for the DG0VE web page or does anyone have a copy of the data sheet for the

Kon10g4-SAT+SSB-2 down convertor ?

Regards

Dave M0GIW / 5B4AOB