Posts by ON5GS

For those searching for answers, plugging in the lime-mini in your pc and message "device descriptor failed" pops up at the USB devices list in your windows device manager, means the lime mini is kaputt and needs to be returned. I tested with two limes and one windows didn't find, unable to install the driver as the device is not recognized. A quick search learned i was not the first one having this issue.

Hi guys, i'm trying to find out how to get my brand new Lime SDR mini working on a portsdown raspberry pi. I just got it installed and it works fine on the limesdr-mini of ON1WW (from march 2019)... but my lime is not recognized.

Just did the online software update on the portsdown... still no luck.

The lime works on the laptop and we were able to put a tv signal on the satellite, but still the portsdown doesnt seem to recognize it. Does it need any firmware upgrade?

I'm just posting it on this forum as my BATC forum membership is still pending.

Hope anyone of you has any idea what this is.

"see" you soon on the satellite,

73 Dirk ON5GS

Hello Group,

My amsat-dl downconverter came this week and i managed to get it going on narrowband with my 144mhz receiver, works very fine. Now i wanna setup the wideband beacon but i don't know how to set up the receiver. I managed to receive the beacon with a modified LNB with LO=9.170MHz, and set this LO freq in the satreceiver, and it worked fine. Anyone knows how to set up the box with my dual octagon with LO=9.750 in combination with the amsat-dl receiver (it says 745 IN 1340MHz OUT, so i guess it upconverts 595MHz). My receiver is a clarktech and i received the WB-beacon before on it so it works

Thanks for any suggestion!

73 Dirk ON5GS