Posts by dm4im

(10 x 70) / 24 = 29,16666666666

Artur

That's right. It should read : (PLL A 10MHz multiplied by 60 , divided by 24 =25MHz).

Or:

clockgen.setupPLLInt(SI5351_PLL_A, 70);
    clockgen.setupMultisynthInt(0, SI5351_PLL_A, 28);

10*70 / 28 = 25MHz, like in the code in post #2 . The result is the same.

I mixed 2 possible sets of parameters, sorry.

My bad, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Martin

If all else fails and reverse engineering is too time consumig, here is a little trick: I once bought a pcb with a Si5351 on it on ebay.

There is a not-so-accurate 25MHz xtal on board. I removed this xtal and fed in 10MHz from a gps controlled OCXO . I cheated the clockbuilder software by telling it i had a board with external frequency input and had it calculate my wanted frequencies. Then i programmed the board like in the example above. (PLL A 10MHz multiplied by 70 wrong! 60 (correct!) , divided by 24 =25MHz) . Works. Might be the cheapest and fastest option.

73, Martin

Hi!

I learned from your recent post that you never needed my replies, because it was nothing new at all to you.

I keep my fingers crossed that you find someone who has everything you need.

But it's always good to keep a topic "hot". It will stay on top of the topics list and attract more readers.

Martin

All good, no problem.

If the STM is similar to an Arduino, you won't be able to read the code out off the device, you can only write it to it. But i think you knew this and i'm not telling you anything new. So, again, good luck.

P.S. SV1AFN seems to still be in business, there is an advertise about a bias T capable of handling 500W in a recent german ham radio magazine, but now that i know the communication is bad, i will most likely NOT buy anything from them, thanks. But this won't help YOU either.

73, Martin

GM Andrej,

i can only guess what you need to do. SV1AFN talks about ClockBuilderPro software. I used this software in the past for my own project and it simply calculates the parameters for the device (a SI5351 board in my case) that derives the wanted frequencies from its oscillator. In other words: Download the software, tell it what device you have and enter the wanted frequencies. It will calculate 2 sets of data . I don't know if it is a arduino or something else, but SV1AFN should have supplied a description how to program whatever device that is AND - most important - the code to be flashed. It is now up to you to find the snippet of code in the file. It should be very obvious if you enter the preprogrammed frequencies your gpsdo was delivered with into ClockBuilderPro. Just compare the calculated results with the program code. It should look something like this:

Code
    #include <Adafruit_SI5351.h>
    Adafruit_SI5351 clockgen = Adafruit_SI5351();
    void setup(void) 
    {
      clockgen.setupPLLInt(SI5351_PLL_A, 70);
      clockgen.setupMultisynthInt(0, SI5351_PLL_A, 28);
      clockgen.setupPLL(SI5351_PLL_B, 69, 6001,50000);
      clockgen.setupMultisynth(1, SI5351_PLL_B, 24,0,1);
      clockgen.enableOutputs(true);
    }

Good luck,

Martin

Edit: According to the shematics, it's an Si5342 .

As long as you only say that something doesn't work without telling us, what you did and what error popped up, nobody can help you.

I strongly recommend you find a forum where you can learn how to install software on windows.

Well, to learn, first read the whole thread i sent you. ( I'm afraid, the converter is no longer available from Amsat. I think you can't make your own, so the way to go is : ) Download the software and begin. There are plenty of information in that thread. If you get stuck, ask.

Or do you need very basic help like: Start your PC, click on the ZIP-file, deflate it, clik on the .exe to install? If so, please do simpler things first and then come back to try complex things like getting a rtl-dongle to receive an exotic frequency, sample rate and deal with things like I/Q plot etc..

73, Martin

If this is the program I need, then I do need help with installing. through images and with arrows and text. Could that be possible or is it possible ?! Mvg

Maybe this is not the right playground for you. You should buy or make a converter to convert the downlink into a frequency range your satellite receivers are happy with. This gets you going without any computers, software etc.

73, Martin

Harry, look here:

Hello Harry,

check if your sat-receivers can receive a range of 741-749MHz, most can not.

If they can, all you need is a dish, a TV and a standard lnb.

If they can't , you still need all of the above AND either a converter to convert this range into the range your sat-receivers can receive, OR a 18V injector (bias-tee), computer, software and a RTL-dongle. There is plenty of information on the amsat web pages.

73, Martin

I just had a closer look and it seems you only need to create a connector. Read the text in the picture, it says it can be used by 2 programs.

If you want to connect a third program like cw-skimmer or such, you may need to split this virtual port like shown in my video to make it accessible to more than 2 programs.

Good luck

Gio,

i don't have a Pluto, but there is a manual how to connect third party software to sdrc.

click here .

I use vspe from eterlogic. Since my setup is completely different, i can only guess what YOU need to do.

I'm sure the other programs listed work similar. Watch this Video

For VSPE, first create a connector, say COM30 (you see it pop up briefly in the video) . Next , split COM30 like shown in the video.

You now have a virtual serial port accessible by multiple programs. Next, follow the description in the sdrc help pages.

73, Martin

Hi,

i just installed Log4OM on my Windows 7 and i have connection to my radio and sdr console talks to log4om as well.

All you need ist OmniRig, a virtual serial ports splitter and Log4OM / sdr console

73, Martin

Hi,

please specify the operating system - windows, i suppose, but what version?, 32 or 64bit? - your receiver (sdr-console only?) and your uplink transceiver.

Also specify what went wrong when you tried to link your logbook software to sdr console.

73, Martin

Right.

AFAIK, the bullseye lnb features a TCXO with 2ppm , while qro.cz claims 1ppm. You need to make or buy a bias T from an outside source when you opt for bullseye. The qro.cz comes with one included. Bullseye features a 25MHz output you only need when you want to reference a subsequent sdr like pluto and is exposed to changing temperatures and therefore might drift anyway. That might make it unusable as a reference for a sdr, but that's just my opinion . Others may prove me wrong. Personally, i'd go for qro.cz. You can get an adapter for your poty from them also.

Hope that helps.

Martin