Posts by dm4im

Das kann man so machen, ist aber von hinten durch die Brust ins Auge.

Der 9700 hat eine Buchse "ACC" , da holt man die vom Lautstärke-Poti unabhängige NF heraus und führt sie WSJT-X zu und da speist man auch das Audio für TX ein, zumindest war das immer so bei allen Transceivern, die ich gesehen habe. Wie diese Buchse beschaltet ist, findet sich NICHT im deutschen Handbuch, zumindest habe ich weder hier https://www.icomeurope.com/wp-…_GER_Basic_0_20190329.pdf noch hier https://www.icomeurope.com/wp-…edManual_web_20190514.pdf was aussagekräftiges gefunden.

Allerdings beschreibt jemand die Einstellungen für WSJT-X hier:

https://h05.bplaced.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Einstellungen-WSJT_X-mit-IC_9700.pdf

und das bring mich zu dem Schluß, dass es ohne Web-SDR gehen muss. Er beschreibt wie man das Audio über USB abgreift/zuführt.

Nochmal: Es wäre gut, wenn sich ein IC-9700 Besitzer hier dazu äußßern würde.

Peter, mach mal das: Setze deinen DX-Patrol Converter für 2m output und schließe den RTL-Stick an. Starte sdr-console ohne Transverteroffset und schau, ob du QO-100 auf 144MHz damit empfangen kannst. Sollte funktionieren.

Oder andere Variante: Besorge dir einen Splitter wie diesen:

Wichtig ist, dass DC für den LNB nur auf EINEM Strang durchgeht und die anderen geblockt sind, ODER DC nur in Richtung LNB fließen kann, wie bei dem Gezeigten. Unbedingt mit Multimeter verifizieren.

Füge den Splitter zwischen der Spannungsversorgung (=DX-Patrol Downconverter?) und LNB ein , bei dem Splitter auf dem Bild ist es egal, auf welcher Buchse "OUT" du DC zum Anschluss "IN" -> LNB durchzuschleifst. An die anderen Ausgänge kommen der rtl-Stick (und ggf. der DX-Patrol Downconverter). sdr-console empfängt qo-100 jetzt auf 739,750MHz.

Wenn das alles geht, definierst du den Converteroffset . Wenn du auf 144MHz empfängst ist der Offset 10345, wenn du mit dem Splitter das Signal vom LNB direkt ohne DX-Patrol Downconverter mit dem rtl-Stick empfängst, ist die Definition 9750. Zu sehen in dem Bild in meinem Post # 7, Erste und Dritte Definition von oben.

Den rtl-stick und den Offset musst du dann unter SELECT RADIO auswählen und START drücken.

Wenn das geht, melde dich wieder.

Super wäre, wenn ein IC-9700 Benutzer die Einstellungen für das Radio liefern könnte.

Jemand?

73, Martin

Wenn das mit HDSDR geht, dann sollte das auch mit sdr-console gehen. Wenn ich deine Bilder betrachte, fällt mir auf, dass da kein Offset/ZF für den rtl-Stick eingestellt ist, üblicherweise 9750MHz. 739,75+9750=10489,750 , die Bakenfrequenz von QO-100. Der rt-stick kann nicht direkt 10GHz empfangen. Für den Empfang von 144MHz müsstest du einen OFFset von 10.345 einstellen, das dritte Beispiel von oben.

Was kannst du tun:

Einen rtl-Stick als RX für sdr-console ENTWEDER via Spliiter am LNB - 740MHz - betreiben, oder via Splitter das RX-Signal - 144MHz - abgreifen und dem rtl-Stick zuführen.

Gleichzeitig das Radio als analogen RX nutzen und via omnirig simultan mit sdr-console tracken. Das analoge Signal und das von sdr-Console aufbereitete Signal werden einen kleinen Laufzeitunterschied haben. Je performanter dein PC , umso kleiner dieser Unterschied.

73, Martin

Hi,

Um was zu empfangen, muss das Radio einen I/Q Ausgang haben , via USB oder anders.

Oder du speist das Audio via Soundkarte ein , dann hast du aber nur einen Kanal entsprechend deines eingestellten Filters am Radio, also sowas um 3kHz. Geht aber nicht mit sdr-console. Das hat NICHTS mit Omnirig zu tun.

Omnirig erledigt nur den Datenverkehr zwischen dem Radio und sdr-console für das Tracking, Betriebsarten-Umschaltung, PTT etc.

Gefunden im Netz: Important to know - The new OmniRig v2.1 is not compatible with OmniRig v1.19! The new OmniRig v2.1only runs with programs that have been developed for it, e.g. Swisslog v5.99e (Dec. 2019) and HDSDR v2.80 (March 2020) or v2.81 Beta6 (June 2022).

sdr-console funktioniert (noch) nicht mit v2.x.

73, Martin

Hi,

will 5mW even move the needle on a 2W power meter?

Set it to a band you can receive, like with your UHF handheld or rtl stick and check if you can detect the signal.

Martin

(10 x 70) / 24 = 29,16666666666

Artur

That's right. It should read : (PLL A 10MHz multiplied by 60 , divided by 24 =25MHz).

Or:

clockgen.setupPLLInt(SI5351_PLL_A, 70);
    clockgen.setupMultisynthInt(0, SI5351_PLL_A, 28);

10*70 / 28 = 25MHz, like in the code in post #2 . The result is the same.

I mixed 2 possible sets of parameters, sorry.

My bad, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Martin

If all else fails and reverse engineering is too time consumig, here is a little trick: I once bought a pcb with a Si5351 on it on ebay.

There is a not-so-accurate 25MHz xtal on board. I removed this xtal and fed in 10MHz from a gps controlled OCXO . I cheated the clockbuilder software by telling it i had a board with external frequency input and had it calculate my wanted frequencies. Then i programmed the board like in the example above. (PLL A 10MHz multiplied by 70 wrong! 60 (correct!) , divided by 24 =25MHz) . Works. Might be the cheapest and fastest option.

73, Martin

Hi!

I learned from your recent post that you never needed my replies, because it was nothing new at all to you.

I keep my fingers crossed that you find someone who has everything you need.

But it's always good to keep a topic "hot". It will stay on top of the topics list and attract more readers.

Martin

All good, no problem.

If the STM is similar to an Arduino, you won't be able to read the code out off the device, you can only write it to it. But i think you knew this and i'm not telling you anything new. So, again, good luck.

P.S. SV1AFN seems to still be in business, there is an advertise about a bias T capable of handling 500W in a recent german ham radio magazine, but now that i know the communication is bad, i will most likely NOT buy anything from them, thanks. But this won't help YOU either.

73, Martin

GM Andrej,

i can only guess what you need to do. SV1AFN talks about ClockBuilderPro software. I used this software in the past for my own project and it simply calculates the parameters for the device (a SI5351 board in my case) that derives the wanted frequencies from its oscillator. In other words: Download the software, tell it what device you have and enter the wanted frequencies. It will calculate 2 sets of data . I don't know if it is a arduino or something else, but SV1AFN should have supplied a description how to program whatever device that is AND - most important - the code to be flashed. It is now up to you to find the snippet of code in the file. It should be very obvious if you enter the preprogrammed frequencies your gpsdo was delivered with into ClockBuilderPro. Just compare the calculated results with the program code. It should look something like this:

Code
    #include <Adafruit_SI5351.h>
    Adafruit_SI5351 clockgen = Adafruit_SI5351();
    void setup(void) 
    {
      clockgen.setupPLLInt(SI5351_PLL_A, 70);
      clockgen.setupMultisynthInt(0, SI5351_PLL_A, 28);
      clockgen.setupPLL(SI5351_PLL_B, 69, 6001,50000);
      clockgen.setupMultisynth(1, SI5351_PLL_B, 24,0,1);
      clockgen.enableOutputs(true);
    }

Good luck,

Martin

Edit: According to the shematics, it's an Si5342 .

As long as you only say that something doesn't work without telling us, what you did and what error popped up, nobody can help you.

I strongly recommend you find a forum where you can learn how to install software on windows.

Well, to learn, first read the whole thread i sent you. ( I'm afraid, the converter is no longer available from Amsat. I think you can't make your own, so the way to go is : ) Download the software and begin. There are plenty of information in that thread. If you get stuck, ask.

Or do you need very basic help like: Start your PC, click on the ZIP-file, deflate it, clik on the .exe to install? If so, please do simpler things first and then come back to try complex things like getting a rtl-dongle to receive an exotic frequency, sample rate and deal with things like I/Q plot etc..

73, Martin

If this is the program I need, then I do need help with installing. through images and with arrows and text. Could that be possible or is it possible ?! Mvg

Maybe this is not the right playground for you. You should buy or make a converter to convert the downlink into a frequency range your satellite receivers are happy with. This gets you going without any computers, software etc.

73, Martin

Harry, look here:

Hello Harry,

check if your sat-receivers can receive a range of 741-749MHz, most can not.

If they can, all you need is a dish, a TV and a standard lnb.

If they can't , you still need all of the above AND either a converter to convert this range into the range your sat-receivers can receive, OR a 18V injector (bias-tee), computer, software and a RTL-dongle. There is plenty of information on the amsat web pages.

73, Martin