Posts by dm4im

Hi,

It seems the OCXO provides a 5V output derived from 12V input. Make this Output adjustable with a multiturn potentiometer and feed the voltage to pin1 . This way you can control the frequency - or have some smart circuit like a gpsdo do it for you.

Here is a circuit , not exactly your OCXO but you get the idea: Control Voltage

Please note that the pinout pins 3 , 4, and 5 in my example is different.

73, Martin

Hallo Reinhard,

die mit Abstand billigste und vermutlich durchsichtigste Lösung ist , je einen 8- und 6-poligen Stecker zu kaufen. Den 6-poligen würde ich für PTT verwenden. Im 8-poligen wäre dann genügend Platz für die Datenverbindung. Das ist nicht schwer und die Lösungen für viel Geld braucht man für nur PTT bestimmt nicht.

73, Martin

Möglicherweise habe ich verstanden, was du meinst.

Vielleicht musst du den Haken "Auto Center " enfernen, damit beim Zoomen nicht die aktuelle Frequenz in die Mitte des RX-Fensters springt.

Dietmar,

mal sehen, ob wir von der gleichen Sache reden. Wenn du mit Scrollen das Drehen am Mausrad meinst, dann sollte es nicht versehentlich passieren, dass du den Cursor in Form des Empfangsfilters (farbiger Balken über der RX-Frequenz) versehentlich aus dem Transponderbereich herausdrehst, denn da sind ganz schön viele Umdrehungen nötig, wenn an deinem Maustreiber nicht ganz schlimm was verstellt ist. Wenn du was anderes meinst, bitte beschreiben.

Den Bereich gegen Fehlbedienung zu schützen.... hm... da habe ich keine Lösung.

Den ganzen Transponder bekommst du auf den Bildausschnitt, indem du im Wasserfall (nicht dem Spektrum) auf die Telemetriebake zeigst und einen Rechtsklick machst. Die Bake springt nun in die Mitte deiner Anzeige. Jetzt kannst du mit dem ZOOM-Schieber den Ausschnitt so festlegen, dass du die CW-Baken am linken respektive rechten Rand hast. Schiebe niemals die Schieber am unteren Bildschirmrand, das bringt alles durcheinander.

Ein Problem mit dieser Methode sei aber noch erwähnt: Mit einem angeschlossenen RTL-Stick führt diese Methode dazu, dass sdr-console Frequenzinformationen liefert, die nicht genau aufgelöst werden können. Es kann also durchaus sein, dass nach einem Rechtsklick der Offset der PSK-Bake im GEOSTATIONARY SATELLITE BEACON Fenster plötzlich anders ist als zuvor. Durch Aufzoomen und Rechtsklick links und rechts von der Mitte der psk-Bake kannst du das mit Geduld wieder auf wenige Hz bekommen.

73, Martin

Hi,

ganz weg bekommst du es nicht, aber es wird nur eingeblendet wenn du die Maus bewegst und ist manipulierbar , wenn du mit der Maus drauf zeigst. Dazu gehe auf VIEW und setze einen Haken bei "Mouse-over Buttons" in dem Reiter "Low,High,Zoom" ganz rechts im Bild.

Ohne Haken wird der Schieberegler permanent eingeblendet.

73, Martin

Go to your raspberry via ssh , then just type all those commands or copy & paste them.

The command to download the software is

wget github.com/dj0abr/QO-100_SSB-WebSDR_DATV-WebSpectrum.git

or

git clone github.com/dj0abr/QO-100_SSB-WebSDR_DATV-WebSpectrum.git

you may need to put https:// before github

then

cd QO<TAB> & Enter to change into the directory

then

./prepare_ubuntu or one of the other scripts

The rest will work as shown on github. Please note that linux is case sensitive, thus

./prepare_ubuntu_pluto

IS NOT

./prepare_ubuntu_PLUTO

73, Martin

I think you failed to cd to the path where the software is located. After you did wget or git clone to fetch the software you need to type "cd QO< hit TAB to complete the path>" & Enter, this will change the directory . Then ./prepare_ubuntu_<your_choice> will run . Maybe you must make it executable with "chmod +x prepare_ubuntu_pluto" . By the way: Kurt failed to clarify this in the chapter "INSTALLATION" on github. Give me a shout on 10489.660 , my parking frequency.

Edit: All prepare_ubuntu_***** scripts are executable already.

By the way, the first thing i ALWAYS do on any linux i use is install the MidnightCommander sudo apt-get install mc.

This saves you a lot of headache if you are an old fart like me and have worked with the NortonCommander under DOS back in the days

:)

73, Martin

Benno,

please describe what you achieved so far. When you start a browser on your windows-computer and type in the address of your raspberry, like 192.168.0.27/nb.html , what happens? Are there other programs occupying the rtl-stick or using port 80?

73, Martin

:) Very happy! It ran out of the box on a RasPad with the original Raspad OS. Just downloaded the software, built an ran it. Not even downloaded the OS recommended by BATC. Now learning to use it and how to install a remote.

73, Martin

a DC block between LNB and Pluto is required. As I know Pluto does not have an input capacitor.

Click: Available with 2 or more outputs, DC only goes from OUT to IN, not reverse

Useful for single port lnb if you don't want to rx WB and NB simultaneously. The Minitiouner provides 14/18V.

I have a 4-port lnb, so i use this device as a 3-way splitter on lnb Port 1 for all NB receivers like 2m-Downconverter (including 14V supply to lnb), RTL-Stick and experimental receivers. No danger to fry one of them. Port 2 is WB, Port 3 is 25MHz clock, Port 4 is terminated with 75 Ohm. This way i can rx NB and WB same time. No need to worry if there is DC on the output or not.

73, Martin

Hi, now that the webserver / rtl-stick setup is running, i tried out the Ryde driver and MiniTiouner for the WB-Transponder.

i have some issue with the screen on my raspberry. It seems, i receive the WB Transponder as i have audio, but the video seems so big, that only a grayish picture is visible. Where can i set the resolution?

73, Martin

Alright, alright...my fault..

Found the SETUP Button on the Webserver in the upper right corner. It was not visible in the Browser window because the window was bigger than the screen. Now that i know it is there , i can configure everything to my needs.....

73, Martin

Hi,

Port 80 is already in use here. Could not find where i can manually set the ports. Anyone?

Once i had turned off the user of port 80 i got it to work anyway , but the delay is HUGE compared to RTL_TCP / sdr-console combo.

My setup: RTL-SDR Stick on a linux-server doing many tasks on standard ports . That is why i need to change ports.

73, Martin

With a good soldering iron you can apply a big blob of solder on the surface of the crystal and continue heating it up until it comes off. This probably will destroy the crystal. Remove the solder with a solder sucker / vakuum pump when done.

73, Martin