Posts by dm4im

Well, not here. I decreased bandwith from 2048 to 300. I see the noisefloor roll off abt. 3 dB starting 15khz above cw bcn and 15khz below upper bcn when i set the beacons to the left and the right margin. SNR on the cw bcn drops to 37.something .Thus SNR of the cw beacon is 3dB lower compared to 2048 bandwith.

But this is only a function of levels. What bugs more is the qsb. So after almost a year i realize i still have work to do to improve rx.

Hi, i never cared too much for the qsb on my rx-system, but now that it is a topic here, i have some questions.

My setup is a 1.5m pf dish , poty with lnb . In sdr-console, i see the noisefloor at about -110dBm, the cw-beacon reaches -74dBm (with some qsb) on the scale when it transmits a steady carrier. That makes it 36dB SNR, right? The sdr-console meter shows 40.5dB SNR . What causes this discrepancy?

Also, i see fast qsb on the PSK-beacon. The level changes about 4-6dB within less than 2 seconds. Is there an explanation for that?.

Third, the noise jumps up 1 or 2 dB every now and then, but i think this has been discussed somewhere else in this forum and is something everyone sees, not just me.

Maybe the qsb is the reason why decoding FreeDV fails (not completely, but is no fun)?

73 Martin

Du kannst ja mehrere Karten clonen. Sie sind ausschliesslich dafür da, dass eine Datei aufgerufen wird, in der drin steht, wo das Betriebssystem ist. Alles andere ist dann auf der SSD und alles wird auf die SSD geschrieben. Deshalb macht es nichts aus, wenn die SD-Karte kaputt geht, wenn man ein oder 2 Clones davon hat, es wird ja ab diesem Zeitpunkt nichts mehr auf die Karte geschrieben.

The PI4 will not boot from USB. This will be fixed in a later Firmware Update. You can trick it by writing the image to a SD as well as to a SSD or USB-Stick. On the SD, a file will be edited. The PI4 will then boot from USB and read/write everything from/to the storage attached to USB. Google for raspberry PI4 USB boot.

Der PI4 bootet aktuell von Hause aus nicht von USB, das soll in einem zukünftigen Firmware-Update eingepflegt werden.

Man kann aber einen Trick anwenden, bei dem das Image sowohl auf der Karte, als auch auf einem USB-Stick oder einer SSD ist, und auf der Karte in einer Start-Datei die Parameter für das externe LW einpflegt. Dann kann man von extern booten. Suche im Netz nach "Raspberry Pi3 USB-Boot " oder so. Die Karte muss nach wie vor im PI bleiben, was dann nach dem Firmware-Update obsolet sein soll. Wann das Update kommt ist unbekannt. Vielleicht gibt es das ja schon. Google ist dein Freund.

Diese Frage solltest du in diesem Thread stellen:

SAT Controller SDR Nano

Vorab: Ich wüsste nicht, warum man das Image für das Modell 3B nicht auch auf dem PI4 nutzen können sollte und umgekehrt. Wenn das Image auf dem 3er gelaufen ist, fehlt auch nichts, wenn du die Karte in den 4er steckst. Allerdings würde ich dir empfehlen, das Image für den 4er einzuspielen. Wie das geht, steht in den o.g. Thread.

Viel Erfolg

Hi,

In VIEW klicke ganz rechts, wo auch GEOSTATIONARY BEACON zu finden ist, auf SELECT. Dann auf External Radio, OK. Nachdem SDR Console neu gestartet ist, siehst du links in der Leiste zwischen IF-Display und den Betriebsarten das Fenster EXTERNAL RADIO. Klicke auf ? , konfiguriere Omni-Rig und stelle den Versatz des Upconverters ein.

Viel erfolg.

Der Umbau eines LNB ist sicher erforderlich, ich würde mir aber nicht die Mühe machen, den TCXO im LNB unterzubringen.

Auch hinsichtlich der Wiederverwendbarkeit. M.E. ist es besser, den TCXO in ein Weißblechgehäuse, mit F-Buchsen am Ein- und Ausgang, zu setzen. Wie das geht ist sicher wo beschrieben. Man braucht einen 3.3V Spannungsregler, einen Parallel- und einen Serienschwingkreis und ein paar Halbleiter wie Widerstand, C's etc. Und natürlich einen TCXO (Conner Winfield D75F (Digikey) ist empfehlenswert). Das Teil wird zwischen der Versorgungsspannung und dem LNB ins Kabel gesetzt. Im LNB sind minimum 3 Bauteile unterzubringen (2 Drosseln und 1 C). Selbst ich mit zwei elektronisch linken Händen und ohne großartige Grundkenntnisse konnte das bauen. Die Referenz kann somit im Shack bleiben und eingepackt in Schaumstoff oder Styropor driftet das kaum noch. Wird der LNB getauscht, bleibt die Referenz erhalten, ohne die Gefahr, beim Auslöten was zu grillen. So ein TCXO kostet etwa 13€ , ohne Fracht. Da überlegt man es sich, wo der hin kommt. Bei Interesse poste ich einen handgezeichneten Schaltplan meiner externen Referenz. Alles ohne Gewähr von einem elektronischen Laien.

Hi Dave,

find DL3DCW's Software here in the forum, maybe that is close to what you are looking for. Also find

gqrx_settrx , a script that lets you qsy a tx and a (seperate) rx by clicking on the waterfall of gqrx. Not exactly what you are looking for, but close.

73, Martin

Hi,

You marked 2 pads, i think it is the one closer to the RDA Chip. Inject your Reference there, test with a handheld Radio by transmitting on ~ 437.00 (*24 = 10489.2) and find the signal on your sdr program. If you find it, you picked the right pad.

Just playing with the new version. Although equipped with an aluminum cooler/case, the pi4 gets very hot - the software is not to blame for this, from other experiments i knew it would get hot. I think a fan is mandatory.

The performance is good , quick and the delay compared to the pi3b+ or even an analog rx is small. While i had some problems with crackling and interrupted audio on the p3b+ running the older version, this version for the pi4 runs smooth so far. Thumbs up!

Hallo, bekomme eine deutsche Fehlermeldung beim Start von SDR-Console, mit der ich nichts anfangen kann, vlt. weiss jemand was das ist und wie man dem begegnet. Hello, i get an error in german language, therefore i write in german, sri..

Error: Server ist ausgelastet Dieser Vorgang kann nicht ausgeführt werden, da die andere Anwendung aktiv ist. Klicken sie auf "Wechseln zu" um zu der anderen Anwendung zu wechseln und das Problem zu beheben.

Wie so oft gibt Windows (10 hier) keine Auskunft, welche Anwendung das sein könnte und ich starte auf diesem Rechner nichts ausser SDR-Console. Kann sich jemand einen Reim drauf machen?

Nach denm Klicken auf "Wechseln zu" öffnet sich das Startmenü von Win10 und das Fenster "Select Radio" der Console. Alles arbeitet normal, aber es nervt eben. Jemand?

I got it to work for users over the internet. Place // before if(useCAT && memcmp(cli,"192.168",7))

// if(useCAT && memcmp(cli,"192.168",7))

Now internet users can qsy , BUT: If someone clicks on the Icom-Cat, the program tries to open a USB-Port and if it finds none, it will do that forever . Internet users can no longer qsy until the program ist restarted by hand. The software is not usable for remote access as it is now. But i think it wasn't DJ0ABR's intention to provide another WEB-SDR software, right?

Hi there.

I just wonder why so many stations crank up their microfones to the max. and apply a lot of compression. C'mon guys, you are not working 2m DX with signals barely readable and just above the noise floor, you are working through a repeater. The guy on the other end of the globe hears you just as loud as you do.

If the station you are talking to has shitty audio, please have the guts to tell him so. Don't report "excellent signal", "beautiful audio" , when it obviously is NOT. Dare to give a report other than Q5 if you have a problem to comfortably read your partner. I'm not talking about overdriven amps, that is a whole different story.

To top this off, some operators use desktop microfones, lean back and sermonize. This applies echo to the signal and i wonder if they have ever listened to their own signal. Do they really think this makes their audio more pleasant or easier to copy? I does not.

Flame suit on, you can reply directly to mycall at t minus online.de if your reply is not appropriate for a public forum ;)