Posts by dm4im

Great.

I'm running GQRX at home on a Desktop PC. Do you intend to make the source code available so every one can install this on their desktop PC, not only for the raspberry?

Hi there,

i tried to inflate satcontrol.img.zip with 2 different programs with GUI on a linux computer, both failed. Inflating on the commandline resulted in a file >5Gb. I copied it to the card anyway using dd , but it wouldn't boot. Downloaded it to my laptop and tried there successfully. It also resulted in a file >5Gb, but dd copied it and it would boot. Something is wrong with the file, i should say.

Anyway, good job! Been trying to run my own installation on a 3b+ over the last few days and failed (audio device underruns) or had a huge cpu-load >78%. So your optimizations, if any , do the trick. Load only abt. 40%. Keep on!

Martin

Today DJ8LC and me measured the re-built antenna according to https://www.dxzone.com/dx31177/patch-antenna.jpg .The match was a lot better and closer to the desired frequency. I didn't fix the patch to the reflector but only glued 2 spacers on the patch so i could rotate the patch while measuring. The place of the spacers have a great impact on the match. We rotated the patch until we got a return loss about 20dB on 2400Mhz. Then we placed the antenna in it's final box and measured again. 26dB.... Done!

The antenna is placed in the lid of the box, the box presses the antenna down to the lid when screwed on. Now i need to seal the hole where the n-socket protrudes the lid. see some pictures and a HowTo https://dl0wh.de/patch-antenne-2-4ghz-fuer-qo-100-uplink/

Now desperately waiting for the transverter from LZ-Land. 73, Martin

Thanks Remco.

Is this proven? My first antenna was according to the dimensions K3TZ gave, but was well below 2.4 Ghz, at least 800Mhz. Maybe i made a mistake somewhere.

Is the diameter of the reflector critical? The design by 7N... says 100mm, K3TZ says 4inch (101,6mm).

Hi there,

i am new to frequencies like these , coming from the other end of the ham radio spectrum , DC for most people here .

I greatly failed with my first attempt to build an antenna not made of wire at least 40m long, hi. I built the patch feed antenna, probably with the wrong dimensions. My question is: Can i use the dimensions given by G0MJW in this thread and not drill a 22mm hole ( won't need it) . Instead, i would use a screw and nut in the center for adjusting the distance between reflector and patch. Can i do that? Will the dimensions be the same? Thanks.

P.S. My approach in receiving the satellite is here: dm4im.ddns.net:8073 (8 users max.) 80cm dish, modified LNB (tnx DJ8LC), RTL-Stick, OpenWebRX.

73, Martin