Posts by dm4im

Go to your raspberry via ssh , then just type all those commands or copy & paste them.

The command to download the software is

wget github.com/dj0abr/QO-100_SSB-WebSDR_DATV-WebSpectrum.git

or

git clone github.com/dj0abr/QO-100_SSB-WebSDR_DATV-WebSpectrum.git

you may need to put https:// before github

then

cd QO<TAB> & Enter to change into the directory

then

./prepare_ubuntu or one of the other scripts

The rest will work as shown on github. Please note that linux is case sensitive, thus

./prepare_ubuntu_pluto

IS NOT

./prepare_ubuntu_PLUTO

73, Martin

I think you failed to cd to the path where the software is located. After you did wget or git clone to fetch the software you need to type "cd QO< hit TAB to complete the path>" & Enter, this will change the directory . Then ./prepare_ubuntu_<your_choice> will run . Maybe you must make it executable with "chmod +x prepare_ubuntu_pluto" . By the way: Kurt failed to clarify this in the chapter "INSTALLATION" on github. Give me a shout on 10489.660 , my parking frequency.

Edit: All prepare_ubuntu_***** scripts are executable already.

By the way, the first thing i ALWAYS do on any linux i use is install the MidnightCommander sudo apt-get install mc.

This saves you a lot of headache if you are an old fart like me and have worked with the NortonCommander under DOS back in the days

:-)

73, Martin

Benno,

please describe what you achieved so far. When you start a browser on your windows-computer and type in the address of your raspberry, like 192.168.0.27/nb.html , what happens? Are there other programs occupying the rtl-stick or using port 80?

73, Martin

:) Very happy! It ran out of the box on a RasPad with the original Raspad OS. Just downloaded the software, built an ran it. Not even downloaded the OS recommended by BATC. Now learning to use it and how to install a remote.

73, Martin

a DC block between LNB and Pluto is required. As I know Pluto does not have an input capacitor.

Click: Available with 2 or more outputs, DC only goes from OUT to IN, not reverse

Useful for single port lnb if you don't want to rx WB and NB simultaneously. The Minitiouner provides 14/18V.

I have a 4-port lnb, so i use this device as a 3-way splitter on lnb Port 1 for all NB receivers like 2m-Downconverter (including 14V supply to lnb), RTL-Stick and experimental receivers. No danger to fry one of them. Port 2 is WB, Port 3 is 25MHz clock, Port 4 is terminated with 75 Ohm. This way i can rx NB and WB same time. No need to worry if there is DC on the output or not.

73, Martin

Hi, now that the webserver / rtl-stick setup is running, i tried out the Ryde driver and MiniTiouner for the WB-Transponder.

i have some issue with the screen on my raspberry. It seems, i receive the WB Transponder as i have audio, but the video seems so big, that only a grayish picture is visible. Where can i set the resolution?

73, Martin

Alright, alright...my fault..

Found the SETUP Button on the Webserver in the upper right corner. It was not visible in the Browser window because the window was bigger than the screen. Now that i know it is there , i can configure everything to my needs.....

73, Martin

Hi,

Port 80 is already in use here. Could not find where i can manually set the ports. Anyone?

Once i had turned off the user of port 80 i got it to work anyway , but the delay is HUGE compared to RTL_TCP / sdr-console combo.

My setup: RTL-SDR Stick on a linux-server doing many tasks on standard ports . That is why i need to change ports.

73, Martin

With a good soldering iron you can apply a big blob of solder on the surface of the crystal and continue heating it up until it comes off. This probably will destroy the crystal. Remove the solder with a solder sucker / vakuum pump when done.

73, Martin

Guten Morgen.

Die Tatsache dass die Eloxal-Schicht weg ist, bedeutet nicht gleichzeitig, dass der Massekontakt besser geworden ist. Was, wenn beim Einlöten des Transistors nicht genügend Lötzinn in die Löcher geflossen ist? Oder auf der anderen Seite wieder hinaus, sodass jetzt nur eine kleine Fläche auf dem Gehäuse aufliegt?

73, Martin

Well, a whole bunch of mods to make a unit usable that is sold as "plug 'n play" , right? Add RTL-Stick & Laptop, add PTT, put RX-Splitter inside, add USB..

Ok, this is my last post in this thread. Again i "lean out of the window too far" as we say here. Will stop now and adjust to the overall mindset: Who cares...

No flames, just my 2 cents:

A few remarks about the duplex, yes the unit is not duplex, so what.

It violates the rules set up by Amsat when used as advertised, that's what. No mention of simplex in their advertise, why? Do they know things the buyer shouldn't? If i was a clueless buyer, i'd feel betrayed pretty soon. And by watching the signals on qo-100 one may sense that not all, but some, dx-patrol users are clueless. That's why they listen to the promises by D-P and believe inconsistent statements.

if i turn on 70cm and hear a station in downlink, I know i am on the correct uplink.

Well, that is what the vast majority of users does . They link their receiver to their transmitter. I've been listening since early 2019, it got a LOT better over time. Only few user don't.

Observations:

Your observations all relate to operator skills.

How come you have a full-duplex setup, when there is nothing wrong with the simplex setup?

I stick out my neck a lot farther than i should, but couldn't hold me back. It sure will turn out i should have. Oh my.. :/

73, Martin

Hello,

i just found a new DX-Patrol toy on their website, they call it QO-100 Groundstation. Other than again there is no way to toggle RX/TX by a wire or switch , the manual says some things like how easy it is to use and the like. I heard someone on QO-100 say he is using the DX-Patrol QO-100 groundstation and he can NOT receive while transmitting. :/ There is no reference in half- or full-duplex in the manual. Anyone have info?

73, Martin

Hi,

no matter what lnb you use, they ALL will drift, even when modified with a better oscillator. Maybe some really expensive ones won't drift. If you want only small drift, do not replace the built in oscillator by a better built in oscillator. Instead, feed the reference via coax from a place with minimum temperature changes, preferably from your shack. 25MHz multiplied by 390 is tricky to stabilize. A slamming door can cause frequency changes. I had a gps controled 25MHz vctcxo in a box and even this drifted a small amount for a moment caused by the moving air when i opened the shack door , then quickly settled again. A ocxo may do the trick. The one i used was cheap , not very accurate, but rock stable, meaning i had an offset of about 1.5kHz on 10GHz, but virtually no drift. Currently i use a gps controled vcocxo , everything is fine. So you see, there are different levels of accuracy and stability. You should start with a normal lnb and let sdr console take care of the drift. Once you are using the satellite you will quickly learn what level of stability/accuracy will suit your needs.

73, Martin

Edit: If you go for a (vc)tcxo, please be aware: Some of them change their frequency in steps. Some kind of "digital" hops. You don't want that. Others change their frequency smoothly. That is what you want.