Posts by DB6QS

I would like to see also an overall pikture of the LNB. I'm not 100% sure about the orientation of the x-tal. Just to be safe.

But from what I can see at the moment, the upper right Solderpad of the x-tal is the one you are looking for. Or use both the solder Pad of the x-tal and of the chip-C beneath.

Good luck!!

dj0abr,

just finished a little python script, which does exactly that. It based on a program from G0FCU. I modified it to handle remote rig more nicely and to handle the offset between RX and TX. So, if you are interested let me know.

Is there a place here in the forum to store it?

73 de Achim

@Kurt,

on SuSE 42.3 make complains:

make

cc -g -o playSDReshail2 playSDReshail2.o sdrplay.o fir_table_calc.o wf_univ.o color.o websocket/websocketserver.o websocket/ws_callbacks.o websocket/base64.o websocket/sha1.o websocket/ws.o websocket/handshake.o audio.o setqrg.o rtlsdr.o timing.o fifo.o ssbfft.o audio_bandpass.o hilbert90.o downmixer.o antialiasing.o -lpthread -lm -lmirsdrapi-rsp -lfftw3 -lsndfile -lasound -lgd -lz -ljpeg -lfreetype -lrtlsdr

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: wf_univ.o: in function `drawWFimage':

wf_univ.c:(.text+0x28c): undefined reference to `gdImageFile'

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: wf_univ.o: in function `drawWF':

wf_univ.c:(.text+0x59a): undefined reference to `gdImageCreateFromFile'

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: wf_univ.c:(.text+0x626): undefined reference to `gdImageFile'

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: wf_univ.c:(.text+0x63c): undefined reference to `gdImageCreateFromFile'

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: wf_univ.c:(.text+0x655): undefined reference to `gdImageFile'

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: wf_univ.c:(.text+0x895): undefined reference to `gdImageFile'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Makefile:14: recipe for target 'playSDReshail2' failed

make: *** [playSDReshail2] Error 1

73 de Achim

Hi,

I asked myself, do I really need a GPSDO or would an x-tal oszillator stable enough? Whats about the phase noise?

As I had no x-tall of ~25Mhz lying around, i tried it with a FA-SY2 from http://www.box73.de which I use for testing here...

The test went much better than expected. After powerup for about half of an hour, it is stable enough for CW.

And on top, the phase noise is very low and it can be tune to any frequency between 10 and 280 Mhz.

73 achim

see you soon on QO-100 ( waiting for the upconverter )

Well then....

I would not call it wobbling. From time to time, not very often, it get get off the Frequency for a few hundred Hertz for a very short time; but returns to the original Frequency. For me. its not really disturbing.

Regarding the PLL/Mixer I can't tell too much. If I recall it right it starts wit Rxxxxx

The x-tall is 25Mhz. It is the little black Box right in the middle of the image.

And here an image of my mod:

73 de Achim