Posts by N8HM

Ha ha ! It shows that AMSAT USA is not interested and can't be bothered to tell it's subscribers that it was even working. I won't be renewing my subscription. The USA can be so insular.

The Apogee View column in the November/December 2018 edition of The AMSAT Journal included our President's congratulations on the launch of the satellite:

"The Es’hail-2 satellite with AMSAT-DL’s Phase-4A transponder was launched successfully on Thursday, November 15 from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. I applaud the joint Qatar Amateur Radio Society (QARS) and AMSAT-DL’s achievement, the result of six years of work. To be a first at something in space is indeed a rare honor. It is this type of honor that AMSATs around the world work on every day. I spoke with Peter Gülzow, DB2OS on November 17th and wished AMSAT-DL success with the next part of their mission to be the first amateur radio linear transponder in geostationary orbit."

The January/February 2019 edition went to print before the transponders were opened for use. We will consider printing any QO-100 articles that are submitted for publication (article submissions may be sent to journal@amsat.org). We do recognize that we have many members within its footprint and that technical details about station construction are interesting to members outside the footprint in anticipation of future microwave satellites. However, given that a large majority of our membership is located outside the satellite's footprint, generating content about this satellite will likely not be a major focus of our editorial team.

Anyone interested in writing about their station construction and/or experiences or experiments with the QO-100 narrowband and wideband transponders are encouraged to submit their articles for publication in The AMSAT Journal by email at journal@amsat.org.