Posts by DM5TU - sTef

Hi Henk,

all the best for 2022, good DX and #staysafe.

Here please find my table of measurements I made with my setup last year.

TX is a Yaesu FT818 driving the SG Labs up converter and than pushing the SG Labs 20W PA.

If you have further questions let us make a skid on QO100 to talk about my results.

The measurements where made by using a Siglent SSA3032X Spektrumanalysator.

QO100 FT818 Output Drive.pdf

73 de sTef - DM5TU

Pluto Plus 70MHz - 6GHZ AD9363 SDR Radio Empfänger/Sender 2x RX/ 2x TX Kompatibel mit ADI ADALM-PLUTO PLUTO +

Hi all,

since May 2021 the Pluto Plus is online available.

Is someone among us already using the SDR Pluto Plus?

If yes, what is your experience?

Basis infos can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=higdhj46aUk

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/tech-m…sting-the-pluto-plus-sdr/

https://qrznow.com/pluto-plus-sdr-an-adalm-pluto-upgrade/

Pricing and shipment infos can be found on all big electronic sales platforms.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thats the way, aha aha I like it, aha aha….

Great to see that your ideas are driving your actions and finally something really nice is coming out of that process.

I have one mayor question about the PLUTO while operating.

How is the PLUTO performing in CW mode?

Did you try?

Best regards es tnx fer reply

72/3 de sTef DM5TU

Dear Kurt,

thanks for your explanations and time for feedback.

It is interesting to know that Analoge Devices took some revisions on the Adalm Pluto.

While reading the wiki on that device I got a bit confused because I could not find the info on the interface for an external ref. clock.

I will now investigate more deeply and see if I find all needed infos on the different revisions.

Seems like that the PLUTO+ could also be an alternative made to our needs and it is 30% right now.

Thanks DJ0ABR, Kurt for your feedback here on that issue.

The software is already running on a raspi4B 8gb.

73 de sTef DMt5TU

Hi Guys,

thanks to Kurt for his outstanding commitment and work he is constantly doing!

I have some question about the minmal Pluto version which can be used in the linux qo100 transceiver.

Did somebody used an unmodified Pluto with this software?

What are the min. modifications you advise to be stable and on frequency?

How about the PTT?

Thanks for now es best 73

de sTef DM5TU

................ On the WB input you could improve the circuit slightly if you exchange the 75 Ohm resistor R25 by a 50 Ohm resistor

or just solder an additional 150 Ohm SMD resistor parallel to R25.

Kind regards

Matthias http://www.dd1us.de

Ahoi Matthias,

the SMD form factor is 0603 for R25, or is it 0402?ice.

UPDATE: The size is 0603.

Besides this SMD cap C61 (10n) on my DWN XTVR board on the 10MHz output was defect.

There was no signal output on the interface . I replaced the cap and now all is working as it should.

An update on my build and my feedback to the dev team will come.

Thanks to the developing team for that great device.

73 de sTef-DM5TU

Output of the NB-LNB reference signal?

Hi everybody,

the description of the DWN XTVR is stating out:

1. NB-LNA-IN: Connection to the LNB. F-connector, 75 Ohm. Socket supplied
    2. ------
    3. WB-LNB-IN: Connection to the LNB. F-connector, 75 Ohm. Socket supplied. This is also the reference clock for the LNB.

What does this mean for the NB-LNB reference frequency?

In my case I need the 25 MHz signal going out towards the NB-LNB. As I understand it I will need a second coax going from the WB-LNB-IN to my NB LNB on the dish to feed the LO signal of 25 MHz to the LNB.

Again, I am a bit confused on how it is described in the manual (Line 1. NB-LNA-IN and 3. WB-LNB-IN)

Thanks for your feedback.

72/3 #StaySafe

Thanks very much for your advise, Matthias !

50 Ohm load on the 75 Ohm Output

Dear all,

I have a general question about applying a 50 Ohm load directly to the PCBA on the following interfaces:

1. NB-LNA-IN (J3)

2. WB-Out

3. WB-LNB-IN

Would it be technically wrong to connect a 50 Ohm load directly to the PCBA, and will there be a mismatching of that port?

On the schematic, what is the resistor network R1, R2 , R23 used for?

Thanks for your feedback!

Best 73 #StaySafe

Hi Martin,

yes, could be way to try...

I will have a look at it. Maybe its a good way to get more in touch with the Pi4 and its boot loader.

Yes we are HAMs!

Have a nice sunday and hope to meet again on the 660, sn.

72/3 de sTef

Hi Frank,

thanks for your reply and time.

This text is basically the same as posted on the very first page of this thread.

I read it several times and still found it unclear to me, sorry.

>

1. Lock to master signal

First, the system must be set to a reference signal (menu item "Lock" ). This is used to calculate the actual LO frequency and as master signal for the software drift correction. Default setting is the engineering beacon of Es'hail-2 (menu item "Master"). With the preset RF frequency you have to adjust the peak in the audio spectrum to 1.5 kHz.

<

The menu itself is hardly found by a beginner. So here we should start:

The "menu" is hidden in the SAT Controller app.

Mouse hoover over the button "Drift correction".

Then right mouse click over button "Drift correction" and keep it pressed.

Than the "menu" pops up.

Q1: The first step is to adjust to a "master signal", right? Which signal on which QRG could that be?

Q2: Which beacon do you mean by "engineering beacon of Es'hail-2" ? 10.489.500 / 10.489.750 or 10.489.900 ?

Q3: After I choose a "master signal" and corrected it to the audio spectrum to 1.5KHz, than I press "Lock", right?

The next steps I will try after we proceeded with the ones above.

Thanks for your feedback and your time. Sorry for my "look from the outside" questions, Frank!

so, 73 from JO50PX de DM5TU - sTef

Hi all,

just to give Frank, DL3DCW some feedback on his work.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE NICE TOOL!!!

I was totally new to the Raspberry Pi. I ordered a Pi3+B and I was not over stressed with the headless installation of the Pi in my local network.

As well I had no big problems installing the SATCONTROL image provided by the SATCONTROL side.

For unzipping Franks image I used the Raspberry Pi Imager.

With this tool you are able to pick, unziped and copy the file to the SD card by just using one tool. This will than do all the jobs for you.

The SAT RECEIVER program in combination with the SAT CONTROLLER program was a bit challenging to use.

The needed positive feedback, if the SAT CONTROLLER is working or not is a bit tricky in the beginning. I still get nor fcorrection of the tool showing on the display. But it seems to work.

I still do not found my own procedure to get the beacon correction working straight away every time I start the program new.

I needed some more feedback. That for I used the NB WebSDR to compare frequencies.

The planned usage for my setup is to have a low power consuming tool for field operation to setup the RX of the dish to its maximum.

As well to monitor the band while using an analogue field setup.

Setup:

Pi3+B

Resued 10“ laptop screen with external controller board

Reused Logitech BT keyboard 7“ (ipad mini)

Reused BT mouse

Power supply: 12V for screen and DC/DC dwn convtr 12 - 5V for the Pi3

Headphones with the Pi3 (is a bit weak)

So let us hear what your experiences are with Franks program and how you are able use it.

Especially your feedback on your usage of the beacon correction tool is of interest.

so, 73 from JO50PX de DM5TU - sTef