Posts by iw5bsf

hello help pll ADF4351 PIC12F675

i made the converter 433 mhz / 10489 for qo-100 as LO I use pll ad4351 with controller pic12f675 i as a reference I use external 10 mhz of the isotemp 131-100 it is very good problem that if I turn on the pll the lock does not turn on if I turn off then I turn on first the external reference 10mhz and then I turn on the pll so does any idea work?

i used this project;

http://www.f5ubz.fr/adf4351/ADF4351_F5UBZ.html

thank

73 de iw5bsf Roberto

Hello

I made the IF0 RT0 10 GHz a few years ago (designed by s53mv) I modified the original 27 MHz vxo oscillator to receive QO-100 the tested with excellent results it seems NF is around 0.7 db beacon 10489

I listen to the beacon very well the stability of the quartz very good unfortunately the range and only a few khz I'm waiting for the crystall ordered to cover 500 khz of band

73 de iw5bsf Roberto

thank you good idea I do one in the next few days

i don't have vna but i can measure with hp bolometer and rf generator

73 Roberto

Hi Roberto, it seems that you have 21.87 dB coupling and 35.89 dB directivity that are good values. You can verify with AD8302 these values if you put in generator -10dBm. You can measure the ratio for coupling and directivity. Also you can repeat my fault measurement and then put attenuators to fix it. The coupling value means that you have the forward power 20 dB less and the directivity value that you can not measure less SWR than 35 dB i.e. about 1:1.1

Good morning George yesterday I remeasured the directional coupler 2.4 GHZ the only measures but with one hour of heating of the bolometer hp as the manual says good results 23 db of coupling and the directives 39 db what do you think

73 de iw5bsf Roberto

Hallo zusammen,

nachdem der Nachschub aus Fernost zum Erliegen kam fand ich heute beim googeln ein Angebot eines deutschen reellen Marktes zu einem vernünftigen Kurs von 67,61€. Soll nächste Woche geliefert werden. Kabel, Kalibrierkit und Akku sind nicht dabei!

Werde nach Eingang berichten.

73 Wilhelm

Hallo, ich habe auch gewartet, aber ich sehe den Fernen Osten fest und interessant. Sie könnten mir den Link des Verkäufers sagen

73 von iw5bsf Roberto

iw5bsf I have done something similar. You are right about the values. The critical is the ground paths of the two 56 ohm resistors. If they have inductance to the ground the actual attenuation will be smaller. To avoid high power passing I replaced variable R with a fixed one. Also use metal film or carbon for all as the usual resistors are inductive. I have also the W1GHZ 2.4 GHz transverter and begin assemby it for simplex usage.

Thank George, I put 560 hom fixed as indicated by the 5% tolerance of metal oxide that I tried before measuring the measured power ft87 on 27.7 dbm then inserted the attenuator (26.8 db considering the tolerance of the resistors) at the output = 0.90 is ok

73 de iw5bsf Roberto

Good morning George, I saw the notification of the message on my e-mail ok good test just yesterday I did some practice on the directional couplers. My good transverter I have to make an attenuator from 500 milliwatt to 1milliwatt in input if tx the pi attenuation calculated 27 db of attenuation two 56 hom resistors and one 560 i resistor but to be able to vary I have to put a 1khom trimmer in replacement 560 h resistor correct?

Thanks

Roberto

Hi,

A VOX circuit to provide PTT from 1W SSB UHF without power supply.

Hi George, good idea, my W1GHZ transverter, I only mount the TX part, I drive it with a 500mw power RTX ft817 attenuator to get 0dbm on the IF144 MHZ. In transmission I have to give + 8v to the final stage which produces an output of 35 milliwatt 2.4 ghz followed by a 500 milliwatt amplifier >>>>> and an andrews amplifier appeared on the forum

With the ptt in tx I have to supply + 8v transverter + 12v 500mw amplifier and +12 PA if you have any suggestions are welcome

73 iw5bsf Roberto

Sorry, I explained badly practice the amplifier that I use from 10 watts 2.4 ghz to two voltages that 28v + and that idq + when I go to tx I only have to give voltage to the idq, the 28 volts must always remain fixed even when I'm not going to tx

73 Roberto

Hi interesting George, a question that I have to check with my tx's ptt if the 144MHz tx transverter then in sequence the 500 milliwatts to drive the amplifier andrews and what voltage should be sent in tx 28v or polarization bias irq?

73 de Roberto