Posts by DL1GNM

Vllt lege ich später die PTT auf meinen Fusstaster.

Kann ich nur empfehlen! Habe ich seit 1995. Ich habe einen Fußschalter einer alten Nähmaschine dazu "leicht modifiziert". Funktioniert nach 25 Jahren immer noch.;)

Manchmal nutze ich das Handmikro in Kombination mit dem Lautsprecher. Der ist allerdings während der Sendung stummgeschaltet.

Ansonsten war die PTT Steuerung des Transverters eine gute Entscheidung. Die HF-VOX stottert je nach Modulation. Das gibt gerne hässliche Artefakte, wie feststellen musste, als ich einen Fehler in der PTT Leitung hatte.

I'm trying H265 using a Nvidia Card (GTX1650) and this works for bitrates about 360kS (TS-Stream!) and above. I did not find settings for extreme low bitrates yes. 125 kS and 66kS transmit rates .... It's really tricky. Next I'll try the UDP way with OBS using ffmpeg in a batch job.

Perhaps I must shrink my video down to a stamp size.

Mike, does the hardware box support these low rates (66, 33 kS)? Usually those stations have no usable audio when receiving them via minitiouner at those rates.

73 Mike

D.h. der SG-Lab Transverter verzögert sein 2.4 GHz Signal um 30ms+30ms=60ms insgesamt. So werden das das Ausgangsrelais im SG-Lab Transverter und nachfolgende Stufen "kalt" geschaltet, was gut für eine hohe Lebensdauer ist.

Hello,

does anybody have a list of commands (+ options of course), that can be used with the pluto webserver?

I want to see for example the temperature of the AD9363 and the Zync, reading some voltages (XADC).

There is something related to the libiio or how it is called, but I don't want to write software in C.

A html page or php on the pluto, accessed via a browser would be enough. Just writing a page that shows me

all hardware information of the board...

Yes, I used google but did not find what I wanted. Perhaps someone could provide me a list or similar.

Thank you.

Regards, Mike

http://192.168.2.1/hwinfo.html ...

If you want to drive the PA with the TR2300 transverter, V.2 is better.

When using an Adalm Pluto an extra "pre-amp" is needed to get max. +16..+17dBm, then V.3 is probably the better one after this preamplification. But be careful not to overdrive the PA anyway. There are enough "wide-band-SSB" signals on air.

No Mike, but if those fields are filled, SDR-Console does not work stable. So I leave it open and fill them only temporarily when using the Pluto as DATV transmitter. A reboot after DATV is necessary then.

BTW: the beta-for-the-brave shows up as FIRM2101RC (Provider) when using RTMP. FIRM2201RC is shown when using UDP.

Next I'll try to store CALLSIGN and FREQUENCY and use SDR-Console then.

No good idea. This causes problems. SDR-Console is stuttering. So I have to leave this open and will use those fields when I'm on DATV as workaround. It seams that there is a conflict between DATV and SDR-Console. Who sets the frequency??

Something like this?

ADF4351 Chinese Eval Board configured to +5dBm, LO frequency you need. Remove R1, lift off C5 and R2 and feed in the LO to the junction R2, C5. I use external 10 MHz LO from GPSDO. It's about 1Vpp at 50 Ohm I think.

The extras are related to my TS850. When the Transverter is switched on, there is DC on the TX-Input in order to switch off the PA of

my transceiver (How? See TS850 manual if needed).

Colin, no extras. Only the Pluto.

But I was still having problems with stuttering.

So I got the hint from dd9fj and dg9bfc to program the boot.frm (or dfu) file. This worked finally. Thanks!

...as long I leave CALLSIGN and FREQUENCY on the pluto-datv-controller page untouched. It makes

no sense to fill in those fields while operating on narrowband using SDR-Console. ;)

Next I'll try to store CALLSIGN and FREQUENCY and use SDR-Console then.

I found out meanwhile:

The F5OEO FW stores information somewhere in the flash that is not overwritten by an FW update.

I've a second pluto and FW beta 2020-02-05 works. The other -SDR-Console is not working pluto- was programmed again with

1. analog devices original FW 0.31

2. F5OEO firmware 20191220 (and it worked!!!)

3. F5OEO firmware beta 20200205, and fails again to operate with SDR console.

I checked the pluto.php site on my browser and found out that my individual settings (callsign) I did store

to flash using the F5OEO firmware are still available. They survived all programming I did!

So I assume that something is stored somewhere in the file system that causes the problems and crashes SDR-Console.

Does someone know to reset the pluto to "factory defaults"? My search was not successful up to now.

Well, I've a similar problem. SDR-Console (V3.0.23 27.5.2020) does not work at all. It even crashes.

1. Pluto - latest official FW, 70-6000MHz and 2nd CPU mod.

2. F5OEO beta for the brave FW (Feb.2020)

3. PTT HW mod from BATC done

4. Ethernet adaptor USB3 with RTLsomething53

DATV (what I want to use the pluto mainly for...) - works. Tested in the lab, 333kS, receiving with minitiouner. Stable. PTT

works, but has to be toggled once after start of pluto. It starts always with transmitting but without putting the PTT relay on

(another but different issue).

So far, so good.

Now a friend asked me for help using his pluto for SSB and SDR-Console (3.0.22 he uses). I tried to do what he did and failed.

SDR console does not contact the pluto via ethernet. No reaction. I tried USB, did the search and the pluto was found.

But starting the pluto via USB leads to a crash of the SDR-Console.

OK. Then I took another fresh pluto out of the box, brand new, unmodified (HW+SW). Connected to the USB-Ethernet adaptor,

played along with Console's settings and it works (tried 23cm).

So there must be something related to the f5oeo firmware, may be some configs or drivers. But I don't know what.

Who can help?

Mike (G0MJW) wrote that it works for him. I'm confused now.

Regards Mike (DL1GNM)

Quote from DL5CN:

What to do? Send it back or keep the lenses?

Keep the lenses and send it back. Good idea, but I think the seller would not like this very much. But you can give it a try anyway;).

No: Just keep the lenses as I did. I think it's worth to keep them.