Posts by DJ7TH

Hi Rudi,

please check what chip is inside of your ethernet adapter.

More info about the supported chip types see here:

https://wiki.analog.com/univer…otg_host_function_support

To modify the config.txt of my Pluto I'm using the firmware of F5OEO Version 0303 and my Internet browser, calling the IP of my Pluto.

Then select "System" - "Setup" - "Pluto Settings".

There is a short description:

This section read and save the "/mnt/jffs2/etc/config.txt" file. Take care of your modifications before applying them. Some modifications may make your equipment inaccessible from the network. To apply, please reboot (control button further down the page).

At least "Apply Settings" and "Reboot" the Pluto.

That's all.

Hope this could help.

Hallo Martin,

vielen Dank für die Infos.

Damit habe ich den Pluto Version C/D im Netzwerk zum Laufen gebracht. Jedoch sind die weiteren Einstellungen ein heilloses Gefummel und die default-Werte sind nicht zu gebrauchen. Ausserdem hängt sich die Software laufend auf und die PTT funktioniert bei meiner Pluto Version auch nicht.

Kein Wunder, dass sich selten jemand findet, der dieses Programm verwendet.

Wer hat eine Anleitung, wie man unter Windows 10 SDRangel V. 7.6.3 für den Pluto installiert oder kann mir mitteilen, wo man diese findet?

In "Loaded Plugins" ist der Pluto als PlutoSDR Input, ... MIMO und ... Output gelistet, aber unter "Add Rx Device" finde ich im Auswahlfenster als SDR Gerät lediglich den KiwiSDR.

Anyone have instructions on how to install SDRangel v. 7.6.3 for the Pluto on Windows 10 or can tell me where to find it?

In "Loaded Plugins" the Pluto is listed as PlutoSDR Input, ... MIMO and ... Output, but under "Add Rx Device" I only find the KiwiSDR as the SDR device in the selection window.

@DK8KD

danke für die Info.

Ich bin kein Linux-Experte und vermute, dass man die genannten Befehlszeilen in putty eingeben kann, um die Ergebnisse zu erhalten. Je nach verwendetem PC erhalte ich mit der F5OEO-Firmware unterschiedliche Ergebnisse.

Leider hat F5OEO offensichtliche den Support seiner Firmware eingestellt.

Hat jemand die DATV Firmware von F5OEO auf seinem Pluto Version C/D installiert?

Falls ja, würde es mich interessieren, was dort beim Pluto DVB Status bei Voltage, Current und Consumption angezeigt wird.

Bei mir (Version 1403) sind das unerklärlich hohe und garantiert falsche Werte, sonst wäre der Pluto längst abgeraucht 8)

Hi Roberto, I need your help.

I installed the firmware F5OEO version 0303 on a brand new Pluto Rev C/D and then your patch 2.1. Everything works fine except for the PTT control.
    In the SDR console, the PTT switches perfectly, but not in DATV mode.

The PTT-tick is set and PTT switches to red, but the GPO port is not set.
    I have the same problem with another Pluto of the same version.
    What am I doing wrong here?

Addendum:
    I don't know if this is important.
    Both Pluto run on an external 50MHz clock.

Surprise:
    after a restart the HSmodem ran for about 2 hours without crashing.
    However, the message "recvfrom error: 10040" was displayed about 15 times in the hsmodem.exe window.

my Pluto is GPS synchronized and the sync peak is right on the "Ref"- point. The hsmodem stops as soon as the message "1 user logged in" appears in the HS window.

Addendum:
    this time the HSmodem program ran for about 30 minutes before it stopped again with the above message. The HTML file was also displayed flawlessly until the stop.

Today I accidentally discovered the HS signal on .995 and after some searching I found the "cause" and then immediately installed the HsModem. Thanks to the detailed wiki info I was able to decode some texts, but after about 30 minutes the modem software crashed (see hard copy). Each restart ended with the Visual Studio 2010 error message.
    The software crashed after seeing the message "1 user logged in" in the modem window. (see picture #2)

Problem #1: In DATV mode (RTMP or UDP) no PTT signal is send to GPIO. A short PTT signal only appears when switching from Passthrough to DATV. PTT works fine with the SDR console. but only if Drive is set to > 5.

Problem #2: when I switch from DATV mode to Passthrough mode and SDR-Console, the TX frequency makes an offset by about 15kHz. I then have every time to re-enter the commands for switching to an external 50MHz clock using putty + ssh.

Apparently this external clock setting is overwritten in Plutos firmware when changing to DATV.

I informed F5UII about this problems some time ago but got no reply.

Anyone have an idea?

------------------------------------------

Problem Nr. 1: Im DATV-Modus (RTMP oder UDP) wird kein PTT-Signal an GPIO gesendet. Nur beim Umschalten von Passthrough auf DATV erscheint ein kurzes PTT-Signal. PTT funktioniert gut mit der SDR-Konsole. aber nur wenn Drive auf > 5 eingestellt ist.

Problem Nr. 2: Wenn ich vom DATV-Modus in den Passthrough-Modus und die SDR-Konsole schalte, macht die TX-Frequenz einen Versatz von etwa 15 kHz. Ich muss dann jedes Mal die Befehle zum Umschalten auf einen externen 50MHz-Takt per putty + ssh neu eingeben. Anscheinend wird diese externe Takt-Einstellung in der Pluto-Firmware beim Wechsel auf DATV überschrieben.

Ich habe F5UII vor einiger Zeit über dieses Problem informiert, aber keine Antwort erhalten.

Hat jemand eine Idee?

Hi Chris,

as you can see in the SG-Lab data sheet, the vox already works with 1mW input, so it only needs a low level to switch PTT. Your CN0417 module with approx. 20dB ampli generates a maximum of 50mW from the approx. 2mW of Pluto, which has been attenuated by 6dB. This is perfectly sufficient to fully drive the PA. Depending on the transmitting antenna used, the level on the QO-100 is much too high and the Leila is activated. Here you should set the maximum levels for Gain, Drive, etc. accordingly in the settings "Transmit - Options - Audio-in - Gains".

I hope this is of some help, if Mr. Google translated everything correctly :)