Posts by DJ7TH

Meanwhile, my Pluto board has arrived. I put it together with my older USB synthesizer in an alu-box and mounted all parts on a board in European format 100x160mm (see pictures). The 40MHz quartz I left in the Pluto board and split the clock line to the AD9363. The more stable 40MHz clock signal from the USB-synti I have fed with a thin coaxial cable directly via C123 into the AD9363 clock input. A test on various frequencies showed a sufficiently good stability in SSB operation.

However, I had found that my HP PC delivers an "unclean" USB signal, which produced a slightly pulsed modulation of the transmission signal. I connected the Pluto board to my ASUS laptop and this effect was not detectable.

The next step is the completion of the driver and the 2,4GHZ PA together with my old ATV antennas.

Heiner, many thanks for your info. I hope I would get my Pluto-Board next week and can start with it. Tomorrow I will try to mount next to the TV-LNB another LBN for the QO-100 and align both accordingly. As Rx I will use an RTL stick with an integrated broadband amplifier.

Pluto has an USB port through which it communicates with the PC. How can it be that Pluto can also be reached via an IP address? Does Pluto have an integrated WLAN module?