Posts by G4XAT

Bit cheeky Marcel, but is there any chance of the Pluto Frequency extension before the weekend? It's the only route I have for DATV reception on 5.7GHz as SDRAngel won't run on my WIn 7 laptop (portable unit).

Picture shows the set-up, twin Flat-plate antennas @ 22dBi, 10 Watt Ferranti surplus amp and my Pluto. No changeover relays were harmed in making this! DVBExpress for TX, DVBS-GUI for RX....please :)

Thanks.

Another request please Marcel, could you extend the Pluto receive range up to 6GHz? It works great at the other end of the spectrum (70MHz) and now I want to experiment at the other end of its RF capabilties. I can transmit on 5.665 using DVBExpress software but need an rx solution too :)

Thanks

Gareth

Bingo :) It works right off the bat :)

And very quick to lock up too.

This is without adjusting anything except the SR and BB gain. I will need to read up on what/how the other options affect things.

Thank you Marcel.....

Gareth G4XAT

Thanks Marcel, From what I have read although TX will work down to 50MHz (or lower like 43MHz) the RX does not and stops at 70MHz.

I have downloaded from the link but it comes up as V 2.0.16 when unzipped? And Pluto still stops at 325MHz if this is indeed the new version. Have I downloaded an old copy perhaps?

This is the Release note from boot window:

Code
    DVB-S2 Demod GUI
    Code
    Version 2.0.16
    Code
    Code
    Compiler: GCC 7.3.0
    Code
    Build: Mar 11 2020 20:53:23

With huge thanks for the software which I got working this morning on 70MHz with my RSP1. It nearly maxed out my old I5 dual core 2.5GHz though ;)

With thanks

Gareth G4XAT

Looking at that sort of code is well beyond my 'pay grade'! SDR Angel only does DVB rx and its just a 'tad quirky' for me so if I'm stuck with DVB I can use an RTL dongle in my Poertdown which has done good service in the past. I could't get my SDRPlay to play with DVBS2GUI either - well it was receiving, but just could not persuade it to extract a lock. Its on a par with the pluto in terms of sensitivity but of course it could do 50MHz rx with ease.

Sorry I didn't make my request clear. I've already expanded my Pluto as per the hack but whatever I type into the 'freq' box it returns to 325MHz (the original default IIRC). I should have said 'is there any way to get this DVBS2-GUI software to cover 50,70 and 144MHz?'. SInce read that although TX is entirely feasible in software at 50MHz (even lower apparently) the RX is very poor below 70MHz. But having DVBS2 decode for 70MHz would be great without having to mess with up-converters etc.

Is there any way that the Pluto coverage could be extended to include the 50, 70 and 144 MHz? And indeed upwards to 6GHz? Its ability to decode DVBS2 makes it a very handy 'one box solution' for RB DATV as MiniTiouner can't tune below 144MHz or above 2.5GHz?

Satsagen software covers 50Mhz to 6GHx and the Langstone project (NB Microwave TRX) does 70MHz-6GHz. I, and others, would be hugely grateful.....

Thanks

Gareth

I've checked that I CAN decode my signal using my Minitiouner. ALthough the Symbolrate and bandwidth counters are clocking away nicely, sync_confidence is showing 1 and in RED. Buffers is 0/8192.

I'm getting similar behaviour from a RTL dongle too. Must be something simple I'm missing......

So this morning I loaded it all onto my I5 Laptop to see if it could cope with low symbol rates, specifically for 146.5 and 71MHz this coming weekend. I've read the original post at the start of this long thread, (VLC URL: udp://@:8888) but although VLC seems to accept the stream ('play bar' bounces backwards and forwards left to right etc) I don't get any video, despite having a good solid data stream (across the shack from Portsdown).

Am I missing something??

Thanks

Gareth

Thanks Luc, that is now working fine :)

Just to solve the Pluto tuning range now, although the RSP-1 has slightly better 'ears' than the pluto but it would be nice to have both available.

Gareth

I'm hoping to use DVB-S2 Demod GUI with my Pluto for DVBS-2 on 71MHz and 146MHz. Both my Plutos have been expanded to 70MHz-6GHz (Tested on SDR# so I know they work) but the lowest I can tune my Pluto in DVB-S2 is 325MHz? Am I missing something basic?? If I enter 70MHz before I open the device it then jumps to 325MHz when I do open the device?

My RTL dongle works as expected but my RSP-1 does not? I thought it was supported?

Guidance welcome - thanks.

Gareth G4XAT