Posts by IK8OZV

Renauld please can you post a picture of the Bias Tee you using that do not cause anymore the problem?

Thanks

Enzo

Renauld please can you post a picture of the Bias Tee you using that do not cause anymore the problem?
    Thanks

Enzo

Renauld,

Thanks for your description of the problem but what i cannot understand is why the issues does not pop up also

when i use an external PSU?

Please can you tell me with which one you have substitute it maybe also with a photo of it?

Thanks a lot

Enzo

Thanks for the reply. I will check this setting, but if it could be this setting, apologies, why if i use in external PSU, i do not have the issue. I think that if it is this setting, i had to have the problem even if i feed the Bias Tee with the external PSU.

Please can you confirm?
    Thanks

Enzo

Hello All,

i am looking for an help that i cannot find the solution.

I have made two cases, In one ( Picture on the right side ) i have just two PSU

one 36v set to 28V to power the SG-Labs 20W Power Amplifier for 2.4GHz and the Big PA by F4VSG.

In the Other case ( Picture on the left ) i have the two PA, one RX filter, the CN0417, one 12V to 5V converter to power the CN0417

and a Bias Tee.

My Problem: is While i am RXing the QO-100 signal, as soon i go in TX also without giving power, the RX signal drops

down until i do not pass again in RX.

If i try to use an external 12V power supply powering with it just the Bias Tee, the problem does not pop up.

I am struggling from several weeks without getting the solution.

Please anybody can help me to eliminate the problem?

Any help will be really appreciated.

If you need more info, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

Hi Peter,

thanks for your suggestion.

I already use the BullsEye LNB but it has to be ON for at least an half hour before it becomes a bit stable thanks also with the Geostationary Satellite Beacon on the SDR Console Program and also it has just one exit. while i need two exits as i want to use also the minitiouner connected .

Thanks

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

If I understand Enzo right, he wants to buy a modded LNB and not modify himself. On eBay it has such LNB's.

Thomas you are correct.

Please can you point me directly to it as i do not know which is the good one for our purpose or tell me how to search in eBay.

Thanks a lot.

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

Hello all,

please anybody can point me to a good LNB that do not drift.?

As i know to not get the frequency drifting the LNB needs to be modded.

So i ask if there is someone that sales good LNB already modded?

I am looking for one that has two output that i need one for NB and the other for WB.

I thanks in advance for any help.

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

Hi guys i think it is better to clear all as we cannot get to the end.

I start from the beginner.

I have brought The Adlam Pluto from Mouser time ago.

As i am not clever on SMD and modifications i've sent the Pluto to a Dutch OM that he made the TXCO modify for me.

Until here all was OK on the RX so i got started to go in TX but for an my distraction i have mad an reversed polarity on the CN0417

that caused a faulty in the Pluto. It was not even recognized anymore when i plugged in the PC, even no Pc USB connection sound.

So i called the OM who made me the TCXO modify asking him it he could have a look and eventually fix it. He said to send him all and he would do the best to fix it. He made some test and finally he said that i have killed the communication chip. After a couple of weeks he called me and sending me a video where he said that he has fixed the Pluto and in the video he shows a test made with a a Yaesu FT 847 in 70 cm on FM. In the video he made the test with the SDR Console software and he shows sending the tone from the SDR Console and receiving it on the Radio. As the Pluto was already to him he asked me if i would like to have also the PTT modify and the Anti Jitter.

I said yes and he done them. He sent me back the Pluto. I have the assembled just the RX part Pluto -> Bias Tee -> LNB on the dish.

Loaded the SDR Console and tried to find the Satellite signal. Yes i found it but with the problem i've said before with a lot of vibration and incomprehensible. I re called him saying about the problem but he said that there is no problem and maybe there should be problems on my side. As i have said before, i have tried to change the LNB but get the same problem. I have tried to change the SDR Console software with the SDRSharp one but always the same issue. I have tried to delete and re install the Pluto drivers but always the same and finally I have tried leaving all the hardware and software as they are and just replace the pluto with and a NEWGEN.RTL2832SDR stick:

I get the modulation clear as before the polarity revers on the CN0417.

Hope this story can definitely understand the problem and what is faulty.

Thanks a lot for any help

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

P.S. if needed, i've made a short video but cannot post it as it is about 17MB. I forgot to say that in DATV it works