Posts by DJ4ZZ

Hi Peter,

I am very pleased to hear that the pirate has been identified.

Let me just say a little note about free DV:

Of course, the use of two frequencies for a duplex connection is neither economical nor meaningful.

Although free DV has been around for quite some time, you still have to "play" a lot with the settings to make it sound good acoustically.

Even if it decodes at all, what bandwidth and power is needed, etc. were things we tried. The second QRG was used as a "return channel" to report the result of the different settings.

In "normal" operation, free DV is of course used in simplex or half duplex mode.

My suggestion would be in the future here in the forum to post if experiments are pending.

With the large number of groups in different social networks, it is unfortunately not possible to inform everyone.

As far as my colleagues and myself are concerned, we will do nothing that could jeopardize the survival of this great communication opportunity for us amateur radio operators.

73 es cu sn de Joerg, DJ4ZZ

Hello everybody,

I am one of the people who participated in the experiments. But it was not hours for me. I have the NB and WB transponder on the screen for most of the day. In the area for the digital mode I see a maximum of 2 - 3 signals over the day. So there is no need for space at the moment. For my colleagues and me it was interesting to test how close we can drive both signals and which modes are the best (intelligibility, fault tolerance).

I can not really find anything wrong with it here if you do experiments on the satellite as long nobody else will be disturb.

Efforts should focus more on finding and switching off such "stations" as VE5BB. Or the people who disrupt the digital experiments with brute power.

Amateur radio is and should always be an experimental radio service. As Stefan said, the guidelines are a living document.

73 es cu sn de Joerg, DJ4ZZ