Posts by SP8NAJ

Alex, please verify bias voltage. My first test with lab PA and 24V, on the right transistor was close to 3A, but for short time and I never see it any more. On left 20mA and similair situation. Now I added external bias voltage and all is ok.

73 Henryk

Hi colleagues,

Thank you very much for nice job in here. I baught also one PA from Poland. Base on your test I have turnd on my board... not so bad, but... look on the picture below:

Due to this: .

I did like this:

And how it look at the oustide:

Dismantled cirulator place is perfect to install N socket. Two holes exeactly on correct position, for another two you have to modify holes on the socket - Dremel machine is the best. Now I have typical N socket, much better than this oryginal non typical one. On the cover you have to drill 20mm hole with 25mm distance on stright line from screw - very easy to do it.

What hapened with trace? Who knows in details, but in one moment I saw 15A from 27V PS and next some sparks, that's it. Maybe my modification of outlet socket was not proper. Now is haevy duty :).

For now only circulator was remowed, installed combiner (bigger) and bias setting as recomended. The rest oryginal without any snowflacking up to now. I use Dx Patrol - only 100mW output. Due to this is better to use preamp also. On the inlet is 3dB att, i have added SMA att 2+5+6 dB for tests. Step by step I have removed one by one... current increased and finaly without external att I have whistled harder to the microfone.. and you see efect. But as DB8TF wrote: they are really solid and all transistors survived. Now during test "only" less than 10A.

Unfortunately I havent now any measurement equipment for 2,4 and I use only DC measurement with Dummy load. With 12m of RF7 and 8m of H155 I saw my signal on sattelite a bit lower than CW beacon. I know, that cables are not for this aplication, but I used what I have connected to my shack. First test done.

I don't need high power, but PA will not be very close to the antena, than I need few wats more to cover losess on the cable and additionalk few wats because I plan to use smal wi-fi grid antena.

73 Henryk