Posts by OE3GBB

Danke für die Info. Ich muss ohnehin noch einen weiteren Fehler suchen, denn die PA hat bei einer Fehlersuche kurz geschwungen und dann stimmten die Gate-Spannungen nicht mehr. Eventuell ist einer der Transistoren kaputt.

73 Gerhard

Hallo,

Habe auch das Problem, dass der Pluto plötzlich über USB nicht mehr erreichbar ist.

Wenn ich ihn in den DFU-mode schalte (blaue LED leuchtet konstant), erhalte ich aber mit der beschriebenen Methode folgende Meldung:

C:\temp>update.bat pluto.dfu

dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.

Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt

This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

No DFU capable USB device available

Anscheinend ist der Pluto nicht im DFU-mode am PC angemeldet, im Geräte-Manager ist auch kein PlutoSDR DFU - Eintrag zu finden.

Ist vielleicht ein Hardware-Problem?

Ist das an einem anderen Ort schon mal beschrieben worden?

73 de Gerhard

On the terminal connection I get contiuously ....aUaUaU.... with some background sound on the speaker. It is very hard to tune the RX to the correct position. It seems that the transmitted audio is repeated somehow.

Hi George,

I tried this version with same settings, but had problems to decode the audio. I only managed to get a decoding for short time and with breaks. Audio quality doesn't seem to be improved.

73 Gerhard

Hi George,

thank you for the last change of teh script and the infos over email.

I could make it running now and could decode my own transmittion over the satellite.

Your application is having a very good audio quality. I am really surprized.

congatulations!

73 Gerhard

Hi George,

great work. I have copied the file to the gnuradio directory and started the .py file.

Unfortunatly I got following errors:

gerhard@GNURadio:~/gnuradio$ python qpskdv.py

max_amp: 80 m_pitch: 320

p_min: 20 p_max: 160

Wo_min: 0,039270 Wo_max: 0,314159

nw: 279 tw: 40

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "qpskdv.py", line 786, in <module>

main()

File "qpskdv.py", line 774, in main

tb = top_block_cls(decimation=options.decimation, ear=options.ear, ipaddress=options.ipaddress, mic=options.mic, rxfreq=options.rxfreq, tx_buffer_size=options.tx_buffer_size, txfreq=options.txfreq)

File "qpskdv.py", line 392, in __init__

self.pluto_source_0 = iio.pluto_source(ipaddress, int(rxfreq*1000), int(samp_rate), int(1000000), 0x8000, True, True, True, "manual", rxgain, '', True)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/iio/iio_pluto_source_swig.py", line 126, in make

return _iio_pluto_source_swig.pluto_source_make(*args, **kwargs)

RuntimeError: Unable to create context

gerhard@GNURadio:~/gnuradio$

Maybe I am missing some installation?

I have changed the TX frequency to 2400135. Could that be the reason?

If you want to discuss this offline, please send me your reply to gerhard@oe3gbb.eu.

73 Gerhard

Hi,

just was my not knowing. Screen is complete and block menue also. I just did not remember that I have to click on the black arrows and not on the block groupe name. So I habe Pluto sink and souce and all the others ready.
    Did some trials with gnuradio about 10 years ago with minor success.

73 Gerhard

Hi George,

tnx for the infos. All OK now, installed everything without errors and Gnuradio-Companion is running. Could start a filter example. But cannot open the menue on the right side. There are no devices?

73 de Gerhard

Hi George,

I made a new install of Ubuntu 18.04 and GnuRadio 3.7.

Then I wanted to install the analog gr-iio, but in line 3 I got errors and line 4 did not start . There must be a syntax error. I am no Linux guy to solve this. I am quite happy if I can install some software without problems following a cook book.

Any ideas?

73 de Gerhard