Posts by dg0opk

21/01/2022 They started transmitting from the German Antarctic base, I have to reactivate the DATV. first connection received Antarctica

73 ik1hgi Tony

Hallo and good morning...

my reception from yesterday....at 18:40 local time ....

made a short video from the PINGUINs after 21 local Time....

(screenshots attached....)

The system is working good on the RF side i got a peak MER of 7.5dB @ SR1000 on my 120 cm Dish but the transport stream needs optimizations.

They are working on this .... "cross the fingers"

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hallo nochmal...

kurz zur Erklärung

DL3HJG

Im Video sieht man die Longmynd Software auf einem Raspi4 mit Debian11 der via VNC bedient wird und über Linux-Scripte den Minitiouner-S ansteuert.

Der Videostream wird auf den ODROID XU4 geleitet und mit dem KMPLAYER abgespielt.

Das ganze läuft natürlich auch auf dem Raspi4 lokal (alleine) mit dem KMPLAYER oder auch mit anderen Mediaplayern bzw. kann der VIDEOSTREAM auch auf einen Windowsrechner umgeleitet werden. Der Raspi4 ist also nur das Empfangsfrontend.

Info zu der Longmynd Software gibt es hier .... sie ist auch die Basis für den Portsdown und weitere Empfänger vom BATC.

https://github.com/BritishAmateurTelevisionClub/longmynd

https://github.com/myorangedragon/longmynd

73 & Schöne Feiertage

Michael dg0opk

Hallo Hans Jürgen....

ich habe auch schon drüber nachgedacht....

eine IDEE dazu gibt es hier....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

das ganze läuft mit der LONGMYND Software und dem MiniTiouner-S mit Raspi4 als DATV-RX (Debian 11 bullseye) ....

Funktioniert gut auf der Kommandozeile .... auch mit dem Rapi4 als stand alone als auch über LAN oder VNC

eigentlich ist ja alles schon da....nur nicht sehr bedienerfreundlich....

aber wer kann dafür möglicherweise ein allgemeinverwendbares GUI (GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE) unter LINUX oder eine performante Web Applikation für alle OS zur Steuerung machen?

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hi Peter

many thanks ...this looks very interesting....

So i hope that SPACEX will accept the RULES of the other KU band USERS .... TV SATs and so on....

The REGTP (corr. Bundesnetzagentur) has only given a time limitied LICENCE for SPACEX in DL until now...

WE WILL SEE ....

73 de DG0OPK

Well that was interesting. I tried to help and Mike immediately took offence. I don't know why and a pity as we might have made progress, but 73 and hope you get it working.

Mike

@Mike G0MJW

i think the forum is not right place to discuss personal differences ...

if you want to discuss some things .. maybe contact me directly via e-mail (info on my web page) or use the discussion mode in the forum....

WAITING FOR RESPONSE

THANK YOU & 73 de DG0OPK

I am however curious and interested in your tests directly on OBS to understand how your pc behaves with libx265

Hallo (agn)...

i testet your libx265 information directly from OBS...and switched back to the script....(WINDOWS)

LINUX (tested before, dec2020)

other tests:

INTEL QSV.... test on I7-7700T (LINUX) FULL HD ... on my YT

INTEL QSV on RYZEN5 (via software emulation mode .... not working on HW suport because of AMD CPU).... not good but it workes

update:
    AMF_H265 also testet ... looks working but no picture in MiniTioune or VLC ....

AMF_H264 also testet ... PICTURE in Minitioune is OK and GOOD and in VLC corruptet in LIVE (MT) but OK on TS record replay in VLC

73 de dg0opk

Hallo Roberto,

it workes good enough for me .... 1280x720 and SR333/500 Datarate from 80kbit/s -1.3Mbit/s

(but if i need more I can use the NVIDIA P400 if i want) ...

NOTE: for a normal DATV QSO we do not NEED FULL HD OR? , lowering the delay would be the goal !

MY TESTS can be seen on my YT Channel (will be updatet sporadicly)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZyjrcCis9ZVCrR4hezntzQ

73 Mike dg0opk

Hallo all...

many thanks to Roberto IS0GRB for this information.... i will also publish the informations about my tests in the last months with libx265 H265 encoder for the use with OBS on Windows and Linux.

So this is without the use of an NVIDIA GPU Card for transmitting H265.

Note before: (please read)
    You need a modern computer with good CPU to run the software encoder libx265.

On my Ryzen 3 i could run upto 1280x720x15 in Windows. (with other applications beside e.g. Minitioune RX)
    On my Ryzen 5 i could run upto 1920x180x25 in Windows (but this is the CPU limit)
    On Linux 1280x720x25 is possible on a Core I7-7700T (low power CPU).

SETUP for WINDOWS:

On windows you have to install the (old) additional virtual camera plugin

https://github.com/Fenrirthviti/obs-virtual-cam/releases

Note: the build in virtual camera in OBS 26 or higher did not work for me....
    The used plugin can be found under TOOLS, VIRTUAL CAM and then select OBS-CAMERA

The you have to download ffmpeg unzip all files and put it an an directory you want maybe c:\ffmpeg\

Edit the attached script for your used parameters ...pluto ip.... TS rate and so on.

Rename the script to an bat_file so that you can run it from command line.

After activating the virtual camera you can start the attached OBS_TS_to_Pluto_DG0OPK.bat

In the command window you can see some messages and other debuginformation.

If all is running right you can look in the Pluto analysis window and go to TX if all is ok.

SETUP for LINUX (tested with UbuntuMate 20.04):

In linux you can use libx265 in OBS directly if ffmpeg is installed. Settings are under record and videoencoder libx265.
    The output setting is similar like written from Roberto IS0GRB.

An alternative way ist also the use of an external script for linux with the virtual camera.

I wrote me an script for this purpose which you can use the build in virtual camera button on OBS 26 or higher.
    Before starting you have to activate the virtual camera in the OBS GUI.

Note: depending on your setup you have to modify the device names in the scripts. Refer to google or other searching machine howto find out your device names for audio uand video devices in linux.

Attached an sample script for linux....which i have used for TS-Rate of 480kbit/s.

rename OBS_TS_to_pluto_linux.sh it to an .sh and make it runnable before.

If all is running right you can look in the Pluto analysis window and go to TX if all is ok.

I hope it helps to others ...

73 de Mike dg0opk

Hallo,
    I have also finshed first tests last week and got about same results. 60W DATV at 30V/10A. Now waiting for a bigger power supply. There is no tuning necessary. About 15 dB of gain at 2406 MHz. Maximum gain is around 2350 MHz, but only 1 -2 dB more. These pallets do have a nice PTT design. There seems to be a temperature switch on the pallet also, but I have not tested it yet. I have used a 4 mm copper plate for heat distribution and a heatsink with blower.
    My pallets seem to be B-ware, but obvisiously have never been used. There are markers on the back pointing maybe to a point with lack of soldering to the copper plate. So far no problem.
    I am now going to construct a PA with two of these pallets to get about 120W DATV out for my small 1,2m dish.
    There was another sale on eBay, but with a pallet for 2500 - 2600 GHz. Also ordered one to see the difference.
    73 de Gerhard OE3GBB

Hallo Gerhard....

yes a really nice and good information from you.... for the gate current power down there are analogue switches STG719 which maybe can be used for PTT with external logical level... i have not tried until now ...but it looks very interesting . I am using on the AB side about 500-600mA idle current and for the PEAK amp gate is set to 0.7V nearly like the information given in the datasheet.

Power Out in DATV reaches about 50-60W at 30V @ 8A , a bit more going upto 10A in DATV means about 75W without problem.

Tested the amp only on short time until 12.5A that gives 100W+ out ...maybe more is possible but maybe out of spec and out of DATV linearity. So i think 75W is the max for our amateur radio use.

NOTE: The DESIGN looks very narrowband so other version will maybe not work good.

THANK YOU AGAIN for your information

73 de dg0opk

Interesting new amplifier pallets at ebay. Did someone use those allready? I have ordered 3 of them to test.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/A3T23H…id=p2047675.c100752.m1982

Gerhard

Hallo ....

i ordered also this module in Nov 2020 and got it running, without modifications using a small heatsink with 2 fans.

Testet the AMP in DATV with upto 75W now... and all looks ok and working stable and is very linear.

Test on CW PEAK @ 120W out burned an capacitor on the DC Line on the PCB but i could repair it. Transistor survived.

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

i made an short (cutted) video of the reception test.... on 27.10.2020

DL0SHF sometime audiable in speaker/headphones

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

73 de michael dg0opk