Posts by OZ2RNH

Hi, this Helix seems to have a nice matching network /phasing line. I wanted to try something like that, but didn't have time to do. Do you have the possibility to measure the SWR and resonance? What are the dimensions of this line from N-Connector to backplane?

73 Gerhard

Hi Gerhard.

Sorry, i dont got anything to measure the antenna with at the moment, but the distance from the N connector to the backplate is 43mm.

Regards

Ronni

OZ2RNH

Hello Ronni, Welcome

The helix looks nice but have to be LHCP as feeder at the dish (reversed polarisation). You can try without dish with CW. But later you need a LHCP feeder and dish I think.

Hi.

Thank you for the reply.

I had a feeling that antenna would be a bit undersized for SSB, guess it's time to start looking for something else. :)

Regards

Ronni

OZ2RNH

Hi, new member, and new to the QO-100.

Got a bunch of uplink parts from a fellow ham, but i don't believe any of it has ever been used on QO-100, so i got a few questions.

Between the parts there was a 6 element helix RHCP antenna, homemade - but not sure who made it.

Would something like that be useful for QO-100, or am i better of building a dual feed antenna, poty or something like that ?

My main goal would be SSB and digi modes.

A few pictures of the Helix antenna.

Regards

Ronni

OZ2RNH