Posts by SWL - markro92

Version 2.0.20

Download: http://v.1337team.tk/dvb-s_gui_amsat.zip

Changelog:

• Support for input frequencies up to 6GHz and theoretically more.
    • The resample worker thread now completely uses fixed point math.
    • Removed the checkbox for DC correction, it's now always enabled.
    • Removed M&M timing estimator, Gardner algorithm works better anyway.
    • Added 2x upsampling before downsampling due to the Gardner algorithm requiring 2 samples per symbol minimum.
    • Added TCP input device for streaming samples over the network. For example, you could connect to a GnuRadio TCP Server Sink.
    • Added support for dummy frames to the demodulator.
    • Added experimental support for generic stream encapsulation to the demodulator (only continuous stream).
    • Fixed crash when recording files larger than 1GiB.

Known bug: Closing the TCP output connection causes a crash when recording generic streams.

The only Transponder that i could find and which is currently supported is the NRK DAB Mux on Intelsat 10-02 - Thor 5/6/7 @ 1° West.

10720 V
    DVB-S2/8PSK
    Multi 171
    5400 3/4 DAB NRK

Support for Generic streams is not complete this feature needs more work. But when you are recording to a file, there should be IPv4 packets inside. There will be a possibility in future versions to filter Multiple Input Streams.

Marcel

Hi, i'm planning on releasing a new version next weekend. Main improvements will be:

- Raw sample input via TCP to be able to support GnuRadio sinks or sample input from other network devices

- Upsampling before downsampling to get rid of the M&M Timing Estimator, only using the Gardner algorithm

- Support for DVB-S2 Dummy Frames

- Support for Generic Stream Encapsulation (for instance radio stations put into ethernet frames and extracting network traffic)

- Automatic selection of filter parameters (rolloff factor)

Hi, i just updated the binary, please re-download.

The build date is Jul 4 2020 13:19:24.

SDRPlay works fine for me, but i noticed that i commented out the

code writing the number of LDPC iterations to the console window

which could be very confusing :D i was about to implement an alternative

solution and forgot to re-add it for the release. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Version 2.0.19

Changelog:

• Fixed frequency slider input not working above 2147MHz.
    • Fixed off-by-one error in SDT (Service Descriptor Table) parsing code.

Edit: The next update will probably be missing the dropdown box for the rolloff factor,

further simplifying the UI.

The rolloff factor for DVB-S1 is always 0.35.

For DVB-S2 it's transmittd inside the BBHEADER after successful LDPC decoding.

Second thing is interpolation before decimation, which means i can also get rid of the M&M Timing estimator, only using Gardner.

Number three on the roadmap is changing the demapper, so that it's using a lookup table for determining the likelihood ratio for every bit of the constellation, which will be fed to the LDPC decoder. Currently i'm doing that by rotating the constellation and using I and Q values directly.

The new approach will also simplify 16APSK and 32APSK demodulation which is hopefully working until then. I also started working on a hardware solution. I'm currently doing a prototype PCB layout which can be plugged onto an existing FPGA board (Numato Neso with an Artix7 FPGA). I'm planning to use a MAX2121 as mixer IC. I'll open a new forum thread for that when i have more to show.

Marcel

Hi, i've read your posts and i probably already know the solution for the problem. I've used signed 32-bit integers somewhere in my code. So the maximum value should be 2^31 - 1, which is 2147483647 Hz, which corresponds to about 2147MHz. I'll quickly release another version with a possible fix.

Hi, i've updated the archive, build date is 18:40:18. Can someone tell me if the networking problem still persists? I'll try to debug this. It's kinda hard, because i never had problems. Hopefully we can narrow down the problem.

SWL-ALAIN: i checked the download but it seems to be fine. Try deleting your browser cache. Maybe you extracted an old archive.

The problem is as usual that for me the network stuff works. UDP really shouldn't be a problem. I'll start investigating :/

Is someone available for a teamviewer session?

Does recording MPEGTS to file work?

Version 2.0.18

Changelog:

• Fixed crash when changing the samplerate for LimeSDRDevice class.
    • Added TCP server for MPEGTS output.
    • Changed the TX button to a dropdown list where UDP or TCP mode can be selected.
    • Added new config options "ip_out_addr", "ip_out_port" and "ip_out_mode"
    • The MPEGTS TEI bit (Transport error indicator) is now set when LDPC decoding fails.
    • Added parser for MPEGTS SDT Tables. Program names are be shown inside the FFT Plot.
    • The Filter drowdown box for the IQ plot is working now.
    • Removed the checkbox for enabling/disabling symbol interpolation. No need to turn it off.

Marcel

G0MJW: do you have any kind of info how the pluto transmits samples via the network? TCP? UDP? some kind of header? Or are you using Gnuradio sink blocks for that? I could add a generic TCP/UDP input device with some kind of settings dialog if it helps.

@GOMJW: normally i like the idea of giving the users maximum freedom when it comes to settings, but the majority of SDRs have fixed limits set by the manufacturer. Exceeding those limits normally doesn't do anything, it simply won't work. Of course the PlutoSDR is an exception here. I need min/max values for the UI sliders. But i could make those values adjustable by editing the device.ini. I think that's what i'll do.

DB8TF: Wenn du M&M TED nutzt (z.B. wegen RTLSDR und niedriger Bandbreite) dann musst du bei TIming Recovery niedriger gehen mit den Gain werten. z.B. 1/256. Damping kann sogar ganz nach links. Ich muss die Standardwerte mal anpassen.