Posts by G0MJW

Of course. Just use a Pluto on your network and connect with WiFi at 5 GHz. I do this all the time. If narrow band, best limit the bandwidth. If DATV lower SRs are better, but in 2021 there is really no need to run 1Ms/s.

Mike

Meiner Ansicht nach sollten Sie QO100 nicht verwenden dürfen, wenn Sie kein Vollduplex ausführen können. Es gibt wirklich keine Entschuldigung. "Ich benutze lieber ein richtiges Radio" passt nicht. Verzeihung.

In my view, if you can't do full duplex you should not be permitted to use QO100. There is no excuse really. "I prefer to use a real radio" doesn't cut it. Sorry.

Mike

Old thread but there is no lens supplied. The POTY feed is a design, it is not a product. There are people selling implementations of the design and sometimes with lenses that may or may not suit the dish being used. It is necessary to make/buy something that suits the dish focal length. Typically the lens from a Rocket Type LNB works well with satellite TV dishes but these are getting hard to find. The HB9PZK lens in Rexolite is good performer.

The other common mistake is not understanding the feed and lens needs to be at the focus and simply clamping the LNB with the original clamp and with the POTY sticking 6 inches out in front. That's never going to work and I honestly never thought anyone would make such a mistake, but I was mistaken..

Mike

That's interesting as I appear to be getting full HD out of the OBS camera plugin, at least according to VLC and it certainly looks full HD. However I tend to use lower symbol rates so the limit becomes the channel.

Using OBS camera is a fudge though, as it record, RTMP etc. The internal (non-plugin) OBS camera didn't include an audio channel, when I asked it hadn't even crossed their minds that this might be useful.

It would be good if someone could get inside OBS and get it to produce a TS on it's own, the DATV plugin... the developers seem rather against this whenever I have asked about anything like that though you would think there would be a demand outside amateur use. Maybe it just needs a lot of people to ask.

Mike

Ha! Yes you must have had a spurious response that was weak but visible. Good it is all working now.

Mike

Hello Ömer,
    this is unfortunately not the case, the transmission frequency is NOT influenced by the reception control. The TCXO on the Pluto is responsible for the transmission frequency. Any offset to reception should ONLY be compensated for with the XIT of the console. If a GPSDO is used instead of the TCXO, the XIT can remain at zero.
    Andreas

But you still need to use RIT to follow all those people who drift a lot. I have a mid-way solution. A GPS locked LNB and a TCXO Pluto. The TCXO drifts, but not very much, a few 100Hz at 2.4 GHz. I could modify the Pluto for an external reference, but it's not really worth it. There will always be the Doppler to account for. No geo satellite is truly stationary. Perhaps at much as 40Hz variation over a day according to EA4GPZ https://destevez.net/2018/12/studying-eshail-2-doppler/

Mike

Well I did wonder. I am not aware it doesn't allow that. It could be Evariste does is automatically. I think you just use the standard commands. If that's actually the case it's simple enough to load the earlier version via the USB drive and eject and apply the standard command. Google should have found this as the top hit, at least it did for me

Adalm Pluto -New official firmware 0.32

Advice - use 0.31

Mike

Yes - that's expected if the reference is not of very high quality or it's not being fed in at the right level. Incidentally that LNB looks more like a DRO based one than a PLL based one but I assume it is a PLL. The quality of the 25MHz is critical. Any noise on it is multiplied many times. For DATV use you are often better with a standard unmodified PLL LNB. This often shows up in the MER on the beacon.

Mike

Are you a member of the forum? You need to be to download it. Join if you have not.

There is nowhere else to download as that would be against the wishes of the developer..

Mike

Here is my Bat file for 160kb/s. I see several differences.

c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="OBS-Camera" -thread_queue_size 512 -f dshow -i audio="OBS-Audio" -vcodec hevc_nvenc -s 1280x720 -bf 0 -pix_fmt yuv420p -b:v 80k -r 10 -preset slow -profile:v main -rc cbr_hq -rc-lookahead 5 -acodec aac -aac_coder twoloop -ar 48000 -ac 1 -b:a 24k -f mpegts -muxrate 160k -streamid 0:256 -streamid 1:257 -max_delay 2500000 -pcr_period 40 -pat_period 0.4 "udp://192.168.1.46:8282?pkt_size=1316"

You have that extra buffer and a very different network address. I tested this to VLC, it took a good while to appear but worked OK. So then I tried yours, modified to send to 127.0.0.1:1234. It also worked fine. So is it the IP address? Firewall maybe?