Posts by DJ0MY

Da nicht jeder Sprintlayout besitzt wäre es UFB eventuell auch die Platine fix und fertig als Gerber Dateien (mit Bohrungsdatei) zu exportieren, dann kann man das ggf. universeller nutzen. Ich glaube Sprintlauyout unterstützt den Export als Gerber?

73, Oscar

Leo Bodnar GPSDO is not Sine Wave output - see data on their website...

Both output signals square wave at 3.3V CMOS levels with 50 Ohms characteristic impedance. Their output drive levels can be adjusted and outputs can be enabled and disabled independently.

Output power level (measured at 10MHz, fundamental power channel):

+13.3dBm, drive setting 32mA

+12.7dBm, drive setting 24mA

+11.4dBm, drive setting 16mA

+7.7dBm, drive setting 8mA

Its mentioned here: http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/…duct_info&products_id=234

So all is 100% OK, hi hi...

73, Oscar

Das stimmt - irgendwer hatte es mir auch mal erklärt, warum das so ist. Bekomme das aber nicht mehr zusammen.

Ich denke die Experten hier im Forum haben eine Erklärung dafür parat.

Ich denke aber die Modifikation ist dennoch sinnvoll für Leute mit kleinen Spiegeln oder Portabelausrüstungen oder wie von Robert erwähnt für z.B. DATV Empfangsoptimierung bei kleineren Spiegeln auf dem WB Transponder.

So ganz ist mir aber die "Haltevorrichtung" nicht ganz klar, da bei den meisten LNBs die ich kenne die Strahler um 45 Grad gebogen sind.

Ab wo zählen da die 7.1mm? Vielleicht reicht es auch ein wenig Lötzinn auf die Spitze zu geben, auch wenn man dann nicht genau 0.7mm Verlängerung erhält, hi?

73, Oscar

Roland,

they both mean the same resistors. The 150 ohms solution mentioned by some OM was just "what was in the junkbox"....and seem to work.

But actually installed in the factory are 11 ohm (or 2 x 22 ohm in parallel for the larger -160 variant LDMOS).

Did you measure your resistors and checked if they have become faulty (too high resistance)?

73, Oscar

Maybe your diameter is too large resulting in too low resonance? Or the plastic tubing has an effect on reducing the resonance frequency as compare to air wound helixes?

73, Oscar

Thanks Sandor. Highly appreciated! (WhatsApp was not showing any User name on my phone, so I was not aware it was you)...

In parallel I've also got those 2x22 ohms measured by Arved M0KDS....(for the -160 version) to whom I also send my thanks...

73 and thanks for all the help

My Amplifier is repaired in the meantime. It was the faulty resistors that are feeding into the bias circuit with 28V...

Mine were 3.7kohm and 37kohms.....now replaced all by 11 ohms and works perfectly.

In the -160 version they use two in parallel (instead of only one in the -150 LDMOS version).

Maybe a good mod for -150 type users to solder in two 22 ohms in parallel.

Maybe more durable, hi hi...

73, Oscar

Heiner ist das der große Stecker (Output) ?

Ulrich, diese Stecker, bzw. Adapter sind nicht ganz preiswert.

Sowohl Eingang als auch Ausgang habe ich daher ausgelötet und gegen hochwertige SMA Buchsen getauscht (zumindest am Ausgang würde ich aufgrund der Leistungen keine China Buchse verwenden)....die Abstände von Standard SMA Buchsen für stehende Platinenmontage passen auf die original Lötpunkte der Platine.

Wenn man die zweite Buchse neben dem Eingang ebenfalls tauscht, kann man diese bequem zur Messung der Ausgangsleistung verwenden. Das ist der herausgeführte interne 40dB Richtkoppler der am Ausgang vor dem Zirkulator sitzt.

Der Anschluss der Spannungsversorgung is 2x5mm mit 2mm Raster.

73, Oscar

Thanks Heiner, but not really, since this is a totally different PA (this is the "small" Polish PA) but Bias circuit seems to have some similarities....also this one is a single package (more similar to the -160 devices) and not a dual package (like the -150 devices)...

Will continue searching.

73, de Oscar

Hello friends,

so far no sucess in spotting faulty C's or R's (3.7kOhm and 37kOhm feeding the two BLD6G22L-150BN/2 bias regulator ICs and also 3.7kOhm feeding the 2nd stage regulator). Those values are much different than the 150ohms that Dave G3XOU reported here (Post #190). I am not sure what the nominal values should actually be.

C's at least do not seem to be short circuited, but since its not recommended to power it up with an open lid I am not sure how to do further measurements in e.g. powered state or using thermal spray as someone sugessted here in an old post?

Did someone successfully added external biasing to the PA variant with BLD6G22L-150BN/2?

The BLF8G22LS-160BV version uses only one single bias feeding line per device, which makes it easy.

The -150 version however since it is a double package would require feeding at four points of the final stages.

The "inner" two points on the PCB seem to be fed from an inner PCB layer coming from the bias circuit.

Did someone already try to locate some convenient common point per device in the area of the biasing circuit where to interrupt original and connect external biasing for the -150 device PCB layout and is willing to share insights?

The -160 seems to be soo much easier to feed with external Bias in this respect without having to think much about routing of the wires ec., hi...

73, Oscar

I did the snowflaking tonight to my Nokia-Siemens PA and after I mounted everything very nicely together, the lid was closed and I fired everything up with a very gentle drive of my Pluto + CN047 I was wondering about too low output as compared to the unmodified tests made before.

Driving the drive up very much I got something like 10-15W out at best.

Much less than in the previous unmodified state.

I then measured the IDq of the 28V supply and instead of seeing the usual nominal 1.9A that I saw before now there is only around 250mA oscilating sometimes up to 350mA (at least its moving slowly up/down and is not absolutely steady)

Looks like I have a faulty bias regulation like many other have reported here? I wonder why this happened so suddenly.

(but seems also a similar "sudden death" as the others here who experienced the same)

I need to see if I can locate the faulty R and/or C and temporarily fix it....(any hints on how to locate them?)

Or discard it and just use external biasing...which is perhaps the best solution.

:(

You should measure it under load at the Pluto...I recall my readings to be much lower, but have no access to a suitable scope right now...maybe someone here could measure some proper measurements at the Pluto TRX chip input.

Du wirst bereits eine sehr deutliche Besserung feststellen, wenn die PTT aktiviert ist, da dann das Aufheizen im Leerlaufbetrieb entfällt.

Ich habe meine SG Labs PA auch die ersten Wochen portabel und outdoor immer ohne Kühlkörper betrieben (jedoch immer mit PTT) und es wurde bei kühlen Aussentemperaturen aufgrund des doch recht massiven Gehäuses im SSB und CW Betrieb nicht sonderlich heiß.

Erst später habe ich ein Kühlkörper nachgerüstet und seit dem ist auch Dauerstrich, wie SSTV u.s.w. möglich, hi hi

73, Oscar

I have it also directly connected to one of my Pluto's and no problems at all since a few months.

I remember that I did some measurements right after the modification with a RF Probe and Oscilloscope and the amplitude at the lowest output setting was not really reaching critical levels (but I forgot how much it was exactly - maybe someone else could measure and post here?)

73, Oscar

First I draw the theoretical footprint of the sat based on the position and distance from the earth. Then I generated the DXCC list.

See files attached.

Nice DXCC List. Seems that OX (North America) is issing in the list, which has a low elevation access to QO-100 from some of the villages on the East Coast. Otherwise a nice complete list.

73, Oscar