Hi Pat. The console output shows invalid modcode (reserved) due to bad PLHEADER decoding. That's because carrier recovery hasn't locked yet. The Problem is, that for the reserved modcodes, no constellation is known. That means, that only for the first 64 symbols of each DVB-S2 frame (the PLHEADER), carrier recovery is actually active. Which means, that it can take a bit of time for the demodulator to recover from this. I noticed this earlier, but it didn't persist for a long time. However, that's because i'm currently testing with relatively stong signals, but for weaker signals, this is far more noticeable. I'll try to fix this problem. The solution should be treating these modcodes as if they were QPSK, which would be better than ignoring them at all.
Hi Markro,I made test with the beacon comparing V14 to V15.I noticed that
V14 lock very quickly seems to be more sensible than V15. Actually V15 don't
lock at all here even with very strong signals I tested with my own signal at
13 db on BATC WB spectrum.
Thank you for your time and great software,best 73s.