Posts by IK8OZV

Hello,

First please apologize if i am posting in a wrong place.

i hope in an help.

It is a while that i am encountering problems while receiving the QO-100 satellite. I am noticing that the modulation is not clear but it as if the voice vibrates. I have tried with both programs SDR Console and SDRSharp and both give me the same problem.

I thought it could be drivers problems or programs settings, i have tried to RX the QO-100's signal with a NEWGEN.RTL2832SDR Stick and the SDRSharp and i have noticed that the the Modulation is clear and without any vibrations as on the Pluto.

I cannot understand if the problem is actually the Pluto or if it could be something else like fore example the LNB or the LNA.

I have also made a video that is registered the QO-100's audio but cannot upload it on the forum as it is about 30MB.

If needed i can PM to how need it to understand the problem.
    Please, Please anybody can help me to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help that will be really appreciated.

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

N.B. Tonight i have made a test:
    i have tried to TX with my Kenwood TS-2000X and RX with the Pluto and have noticed that if i TX in FM so the the

modulation is clear and understandable perfectly while if i TX in USB, i get the problem above.
    If it can help to understand the problem.

Thanks once more

Heiner Please can you tell me exactly what to do?

I have tried with the diode between

The PIN DATA of the display and the PIN SDA of the Minitiouner Pro2 Connector JP3

In any way I put the diode the issue does not come out but the display does not work

Thanks

Heiner,

to be clear please can you tell me the exact pins name as you put both SCK then correct to SCL but

if you have a look on the previous message, the display PINs and the Minitiouner ones has some PINs named different between

them.

Danke

Enzo

Hello Heiner,

today i have tried how i said last day to box the Minitiouner.

After have boxed it i got again the Problem, unboxed again and tried step by step

which could be the problem. First i have fixed just the board and tried it. Powered up and it worked perfectly,

Then i have connected all the LEDs and retried again. On this step again all OK finally i have plugged the display and retried.

Guess what? the problem popped out again. So re opened the box, unplugged the display, re powered on again and it worked again

perfectly. So i think the problem has to be with the Display but i cannot understand what could it be as the Display comes already assembled.I have connected in this way:

The VCC of the display to the VCC of the Minitiouner Pro2 Connector JP3
    The DATA of the display to the SDA of the Minitiouner Pro2 Connector JP3
    The TC/CLK of the display to the SCL of the Minitiouner Pro2 Connector JP3
    The GND of the display to the GND of the Minitiouner Pro2 Connector JP3

The only thing i can think maybe something with the bridge soldier

done from the middle Pad and the Pad named I2C of the display.

Do you have any idea??

Thanks a lot

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

P.S. to complete the test i have tried to connect the display one pin at time making the test on each

connected pin and have noticed that when i connect:

The TC/CLK of the display to the SCL of the Minitiouner Pro2 Connector JP3

I get the problem.

IK8OZV Enzo please post what you finally have found as the root cause... pefect.. glad to see that it is working now..

Heiner, i did nothing. Do you remember that i said to have the problem since i have boxed it?

Ok Tonight i thought to unbox the board so tomorrow i could change the NIM. Well after have unboxed it i put it on the table just the board, no LEDs no switches.Powered up and puff as soon i powered it, i got the Beacon signal.Until now i have tested it from 1500KS (Beacon ) down to 125KS. I am now testing with a 66KS signal. i got all the smeter fully clockwise and all the LEDs on the bottom left green.

On the bottom right i got all the LEDs green except the last one that switches from red to green and from green to red. I do not know if it is an my problem or it is his problem.Now i have the LNA gain fix to 10.5dB.

Can you tell me what can it be?

Thanks once more for your helps

73's de Enzo IK8OZV