Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!
Do you need any specific format for the reports you collect?
The information I can provide you here, just quick and dirty, is as follows:
- location JO52BH (near Hannover)
- QO-100 elevation 28,5 degrees
- antenna 1.8m offset dish (Kathrein CAS 180)
- LNB Octagon, modified to receive the CW-Beacon signal on 429,180 MHz.
- cable: 20m double shielded „high quality“ 75 Ohm cable (sorry, i dont‘t have a more scientific cable designator available) with F-plugs at each side
- Voltage input (12 Volt DC)
- Adapter F to BNC
- 25cm BNC cable
- Adapter BNC to SMA
- RSP1A receiver
- Software SDRUno 1.32
Signal observation as of today:
- weather clear sky, some light clouds
- CW-beacon signal (Peak): -70.0 dBm @ 750 Hz bandwidth
- SNR (as per internal SDRUno calculation): 25,7 dB
- Average noise (Peak): - 94.7 dBm.
Observation with SDR-Console 3.0.11:
- CW-beacon signal: -55.6 dBm @ 800 Hz bandwidth
- Average noise - 87,7 dBm
From my experience, the SDRUno software makes best use of the RSP1A and the dBm values are calibrated within about 1 dBm accuracy +/-. The way the SNR is calculated is described in the SDRUno documentation.
If you need anything else, please letme know.
Best 73 and good luck with your thesis!