New operational mode

• Hi Jabi,

In order to operate this mode every station partitipating (can be more than two) must have full duplex capability i.e. to be able to hear his own transmission. All the stations use the same frequency USB. In an typical QSO each one pass the microphone to another one. In this mode all can speak together like a telephone call. In order to have same audio level, all must reduce their power to reach the lowest stations level. The produced QSO is without over. Callsigns must announced every some minutes as laws require. There is a habit to try to work as a half duplex but all must overcome this. It is very helpful to interrupt the others if you didn't understand something or you have a phone ringing. It is a more live way of communication similar to a telephone one or a chat one as more than two can participate. The drawback is that you hear your voice. Headphones is mandatory in order not loop voice and also you have to adjust the audio in order not confused from your voice. The drawback is that you hear your own voice but work is in progress to overcome this. I do tests at 950 and also I am QRV at this frequency. Hope all this helps.

• Hi,

I have a nice FDX QSO with DL2GRC Nina using SDR Console. For me to avoid confused by my own voice I use the Full duplex option together with Receiver mute enabled in Transmit options at 75%. To avoid PTT, VOX was used and it was possible to talk and hear full duplex without problems. We have to overcome the half duplex way of operating (saying over etc).

The progress in developing code in GNURadio showing that in order to have results, the CPU power is not enough.

The next step is to try to schedule a more than two persons QSO in order to see it in practice. If any one is trying it lets share with us it's experience.