DATVEASY problem

• I installed latest DATVEasy V3.08 with Pluto(latest original V0.38) and OBS (latest 30.12) on a WIN10 corei7-6700 (and Win11)

I put some pictures and camera to OBS and switched on the virtual camera (or used the given link)

Most parameters of DATVEasy are standard but I tried different values for SR, Encoder and Image Size.

ffmpeg debug is enabled

When pressing START: both LED green, transmission 0kN/s and the message pop up:

Could not find video device with name [OBS-Camera] among source devices of type video.

I do not find the device in the device manger / audio video / gamecontroller or cameras. But why?

Selecting the C920 the message is:

Input #0, dshow, from 'video=HD Pro Webcam C920':

Duration: N/A, start: 2576.701237, bitrate: N/A

Stream #0:0: Video: mjpeg (Baseline) (MJPG / 0x47504A4D), yuvj422p(pc, bt470bg/bt709/unknown), 1920x1080 [SAR 118:118 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 10000k tbn

[dshow @ 000001f206f3b540] Could not find audio only device with name [Microphone (HD Pro Webcam C920)] among source devices of type audio.

[dshow @ 000001f206f3b540] Searching for audio device within video devices for Microphone (HD Pro Webcam C920)

[dshow @ 000001f206f3b540] Could not find audio only device with name [Microphone (HD Pro Webcam C920)] among source devices of type video.

The C920 appears in the device manager / camera.

Any idea, what is wrong?

Tnx for help

Guenter

DK1RI

• Hi Günter,

If the webcam is visible in the browser window of the PC, you have to select it in OBS in the sources under "Browser" with the corresponding IP:Port

For more infos, here a link to the German translation of the user manual.
    Could be it would help.

Hier ein Link zur deutschen Übersetzung vom Benutzerhandbuch:

http://www.download.dj7th.de/DATV-EASY/DATV-Easy-3.08-D-Benutzerhandbuch.pdf

• TNX Rolf,

When using OBS I selected both Laptop camera and C920 for OBS and they work well in the OBS preview window. And OBS is found at programm start (DATVEasy produce an error if OBS is not running); the error message arise after pressing start.

With trying the camera alone (2nd part of the above) I did not start OBS, because OBS would grab the camera and DATVeasy would not get it.

I read the manual (I hope, I understood everything), nevertheless I had the problem.

Can you confirm, that the OBS virtual camera appears in the device manager?

vy73 Guenter

• Hi Guenter,

Why should OBS virtual cam be visible in the device manager?
    All video and audio signals are combined into 2 streams by OBS like in a mixer. DATV Easy controls the video/audio streams from OBS via virtual cam to ffmpeg and ffmpeg generates the transport stream to Pluto via UDP, using the values you selected in Easy. At least that's how I understood it.

Here is a hardcopy of my monitoring with H.265:

vy 73 de Rolf -DJ7TH- QTH Schwanau JN38VI

Edited 5 times, last by DJ7TH ().

• Rolf: Why should OBS virtual cam be visible in the device manager?

The C920 camera is visible and other virtual devices (COM Ports and virtual audio cable as well). Programs access these devices (via driver).

My assumption was, that DATV-Easy (or ffmpeg ?) acces to such an virtual camera device provided by OBS (and DroidCam) in a similar way then DATVEasy access the C920 camera. But this is my assumption; in fact i am not familiar with these program details.

Meanwhile I installed evething again. video stream is found but not the audio device:

Searching for audio device within video devices for Microphone (DroidCam Audio)

[dshow @ 0000023743d39680] Could not find audio only device with name [Microphone (DroidCam Audio)] among source devices of type video.

It seems to be a naming problem: DATVEasy looks for (DroidCam Audio) and find [Microphone (DroidCam Audio) (if I interpret the message correctly).

This message is similar to the message, when using the C920 camera only.

How can I change the name?

vy 73 Guenter DK1RI

• Hi Guenter,

DATV Easy does not access the device driver directly, but receives the video and audio data from OBS via virtual cam and possibly the audio data via virtual audio cable, depending on the OBS version.

More details on how to handle the various versions of OBS are described in detail in the DATV Easy user manual on page 2.

• Reading the manual, I understood, that installing VB-audio is optional, but obviously it is mandatory.

After install It is working now, but not with OBS+DroidCam (as given in the manual) or OBS+ virtualCam, only with OBS+VB-Audio-Cable. (???)

... and DroidCam video and DroidCam Audio now appear in the windows device manager (as expected). Maybe, DATVEasy use another access machanism...

Tnx for help

Guenter DK1RI

• If you use OBS version 27, the image and sound are transferred to Easy via virtual cam. To do this, you must also install the OBS plugin for virtual cam. With version 28 and higher, however, you must use virtual audio for the sound. You can read about this in the manual. :)