Posts by dg0opk

Hallo ...

after some break my QO-100 FT8 (and now also FT4 monitor) is online again for testing purposes

It uses 2 instances of WSJTX 2.1.0 one for FT4 and the other FT8 with my GNURADIO dual channel receiver (only one qrg in use in the moment that means both channels have same QRG) . SIMPLE RX is an rtl-sdr with TCXO.

Computer is an small MINIX NEO Z83-U to save some energy... :)

Rx dish is 120cm , LNB is TWIN LNB with TCXO mod no other stabilisation method is used

Station Reports and signal levels can be seen in the PSK 31reporter and the received stations were spottet to 23cm because PSK31reporter has no 10GHz possiblity until now.

https://pskreporter.info/pskma…band=480000000-1400000000

NOTE:

sometimes the reports are declared as unknown frequency so maybe they can be seen on this link

https://pskreporter.info/pskma…llsign=dg0opk&band=0-4000

EDIT ... and picture of FT8 QRP test in october 2019 attached

please try also to use low power i could decode my sigs with 3dBm (2mW) transmitted on 120cm ...

6 to 7dBm works also ok with a 60cm TX DISH

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

i got today an new personal MER record of the DATV BEACON on my 120cm Dish after rebuilding the RX-Antenna...

10.4dB at 14:43 local time... (look in last line of screenshot)

screenshot is made after this time and with 4 strong DATV signals so the beacon MER drops to ONLY 9.1dB but the EBS-software recording the maximum level

info about my setup:

RX DISH LAMINAS OCF-1200 OFFSET DISH

LNB TWIN WB/NB with TCXO (27MHz! LO 9750/10600)

http://www.dg0opk.darc.de/Octagon_LNB_mod_March2017.html

EDIT:
    FOR COMPARISION ... in LOCATION CENTRAL DL JO50

BADR4 26east SIGNAL 11996H SR 27500 is normally at 11.8dB

BADR4 26east SIGNAL 12168V SR 27500 is normally at 11.8dB also (if polarity off LNB correct tuned)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo...

my test via QO-100 with a comparable antenna 35x35cm linear polarized ..

datasheet gives 21dBi...

DATE: some weeks after switch on QO-100 in march 2019

GNURADIO TX on LIMESDR (with amp and filter behind 5W out), RX on GQRX and RTL-SDR (running on LINUX)

BTW: YOU NEED A HAMRADIO LICENCE TO PLAY THIS GAME!

73 de dg0opk

http://www.dg0opk.darc.de/

Hallo...

is there any (maybe online) calculator for a given QTH (maybe Locator) and sat postion?

would be interesting to catch the signal dropout....

EDIT ... i was not online today ...but see the answer now in this thread 6hours below... sorry for bandwitdth

73 de dg0opk

Hallo all...

i made some tests with my small setup on WB-TP to find the lowest LIMIT for a video transmission via the WB-TB of QO-100...

maybe my GOAL is to find a small efficient and portable and battery powered system (also for video?)

I tried to setup my portable case with DATV .... (it is made for 12V have some "old" 2 x MGF 0906 Transistors inside...)

the test result on my 120cm TX/RX dishes can be seen here

LIMIT: 2W @ 120cm on uplink

DVB-S2 parameter: SR 250 H265-codec resolution 768x576 fec 1/3

Note: The datarate of the transmission was about 160-200Kbit/s .... (H265)

so let us look into the future to find out some more efficient codecs (aka FREEDV for audio)...

WHAT IS YOUR GOAL ? ... DO WE NEED MORE QRO on the WB UPLINK?

I DONT THINK SO... H265 is actual codec and very good and bring us HD Video with small dishes and moderate power into the reality...

73 de dg0opk

Hallo all....

after the infos about the nice cheap 800-2500Mhz directional couplers i spent some time to make me an easy output power meter ... for my qo-100 setups

i found some information in the web about...

https://dl6gl.de/book/export/html/192

so i made an easy setup for testing the BAT62-03w and and a modified case from the ebay BIAS-T...

what you need:

2x100Ohm SMD 1206 resistor

1x BAT62-03W

some small SMD caps 10pf,1nF, 2.2nF.... 0805/1206

optional an SMD-coil 33nH...

as LEVELMETER will work any MULTIMETER or other INSTRUMENT

look on the results at RF measurement S11 .... of the EASY SETUP ...

it is looking good as an simple output and very cheap power detector for 2.4G

EDIT and ADDITIONAL NOTE:

THIS INFORMATION IS MADE FOR PUBLIC AND ONLY FOR PRIVATE USE.... NO RESELLING IS ALLOWED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONFIRMATION and INFORMATION TO THE ORIGINAL SOURCES.... !!!

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hallo ...

found an interesting s-band filter on ebay....

it looks you can use port1 for QO-100 and it needs no retuning maybe other uses are possible (if needed)

Edit:

it is an DUPLEX filter ...PORT1 is 2410 and below , PORT2 2470 and higher....

ONLY 1 port is need for QO-100 the other can be open or terminated

so maybe other purposes are possible ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RF-Di…f0a751:g:a1IAAOxyLN9Sf4dK

delivery was with measurement datasheet (see attachement) but not verified if ok

EDIT2:
    an measurement shows an insertion loss of about 1.5dB !! that is a bit to much for use on TX and on higher POWER, if you resolder the other part of the duplexfilter it goes down maybe to 1dB.... SO NOT AS GOOD as HOPED ..!

73 de dg0opk

dd9fj

meine Firmware ist alt V0.29 ...zweiter CPU Kern ist nicht aktiviert ... da bisher nicht gebraucht auch nicht bei DATV...

alles auf USB 2.0 mehr braucht es normal nicht bei korrekter Installation....

Keine Ahnung wo die Nebaussendung herkommt.... checke vielleicht mal deine Signalqualität auf der REF von 40MHz (GPSDO) .Bitte die 40MHz auch mal im Nahbereich (2400/27Mhz) mit dem SPEKI anschauen.... vielleicht kommt es dort daher....

73 de DG0OPK

Hallo zusammen...

kurze Anmwerkung noch zum Thema:

(Nicht nur) wenn man ein SDR setup benutzt ist es auf jedenfall erforderlich am TX-Ausgang ein hochwertiges CAVITY Filter zu verwenden um die Breitband Nebenaussendungen (unterhalb und oberhalb) zu unterdrücken.

Alle anderen Nebenaussendungen im Passband lassen sich bei korrekter Funktion des SDR Steuersenders (vom hardwarebedingten Phasenrauschen mal abgesehn) per Software und mit entsprechender Kalibrierung korrigieren...

Die Mobilfunker machen ja auch nichts anderes ...;)

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hallo zusammen...

dd9fj ...

ich habe folgende Fragen zur Thematik, da der Pluto ja doch Spektral etwas besser als der LIMESDR aufgestellt ist.

Welche Firmware hat der ADAPLM PLUTO und wurde dieser mit einem anderen REF Oszillator modifiziert?

Wurden die automatischen Kalibriereinstellungen oder andere I/Q Einstellungen verändert?

Ich verwende FW 0.29 und seit kurzem die SDR Konsole 3.0.13 habe ähnliches an meinem Signal nicht beobachten können.

Mein Pluto ist "out of the box" nur mit Frequenzerweiterung 70-6000Mhz und 5€ TCXO MOD.

Danke im Voraus ...

73 de Michael dg0opk

G0MJW ...

i know why you prefer this solution.... :)

IT WORKS ON NARROW AND WIDEBAND ... (look at FUNKAMATEUR MAGAZINE 12/2018) ... an article was made about ...but for GNURADIO and LINUX...

And additiontional dont forget the LIMESDRs ...SAME SETUP other SDR MODULE... and DONT FORGET THE FILTERS...

IN DUBUS 04/2018 you can see another solution by W7FU with ETTUS B210

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hi Adrian...

your question ist not easy to answer....

If you are hard ...you can modify everything you want...!

BUT ... YOU NEED MONEY,LOT OF TIME AND A BIT OF LUCK....

Thats my short expieriences about in 29 years with hamradio licence...

THINK about ... if you want to go the STONY WAY.... GOOD LUCK

73 de michael dg0opk