Posts by dg0opk

Hallo,
    I have also finshed first tests last week and got about same results. 60W DATV at 30V/10A. Now waiting for a bigger power supply. There is no tuning necessary. About 15 dB of gain at 2406 MHz. Maximum gain is around 2350 MHz, but only 1 -2 dB more. These pallets do have a nice PTT design. There seems to be a temperature switch on the pallet also, but I have not tested it yet. I have used a 4 mm copper plate for heat distribution and a heatsink with blower.
    My pallets seem to be B-ware, but obvisiously have never been used. There are markers on the back pointing maybe to a point with lack of soldering to the copper plate. So far no problem.
    I am now going to construct a PA with two of these pallets to get about 120W DATV out for my small 1,2m dish.
    There was another sale on eBay, but with a pallet for 2500 - 2600 GHz. Also ordered one to see the difference.
    73 de Gerhard OE3GBB

Hallo Gerhard....

yes a really nice and good information from you.... for the gate current power down there are analogue switches STG719 which maybe can be used for PTT with external logical level... i have not tried until now ...but it looks very interesting . I am using on the AB side about 500-600mA idle current and for the PEAK amp gate is set to 0.7V nearly like the information given in the datasheet.

Power Out in DATV reaches about 50-60W at 30V @ 8A , a bit more going upto 10A in DATV means about 75W without problem.

Tested the amp only on short time until 12.5A that gives 100W+ out ...maybe more is possible but maybe out of spec and out of DATV linearity. So i think 75W is the max for our amateur radio use.

NOTE: The DESIGN looks very narrowband so other version will maybe not work good.

THANK YOU AGAIN for your information

73 de dg0opk

Interesting new amplifier pallets at ebay. Did someone use those allready? I have ordered 3 of them to test.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/A3T23H…id=p2047675.c100752.m1982

Gerhard

Hallo ....

i ordered also this module in Nov 2020 and got it running, without modifications using a small heatsink with 2 fans.

Testet the AMP in DATV with upto 75W now... and all looks ok and working stable and is very linear.

Test on CW PEAK @ 120W out burned an capacitor on the DC Line on the PCB but i could repair it. Transistor survived.

73 de dg0opk

Hallo all..

i had the same problem in past with low modulation level using a simple SKYPE USB HEADSET with an Soundcard inside.

The max. Digital Gain in SDR Console is a bit to low....

so i tried

EQUALIZER APO to add a bit of MIC GAIN to the mic in the headset and maybe to use some additional EQUALIZER

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

Not easy to configure and install and had also some trouble with other soundevices at first , but i got it working

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

made an other screenshot this morning from the "simple pluto analyzer" with 10MSPs on GNURADIO 3.8.1 Ubuntu 20.04

RX: 80cm DISH, LNB-LO 9.388 MHz (TCXO) H-pol, IF 1105 in CENTER, AVERAGE and MAXHOLD ....

you can nicely see the sigs of both transponders , NB is relatively weak because of polarisation loss V->H

So the next time not to much time anymore ... "playing a bit"

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

after some recherche in the WEB the Pluto is running now...with upto 60MHZ BW in Spektrum mode (-no decode mode) ...

(decode of signlas is only possible with lower samplerate and BW < 5MHz because of USB2.0)

the solution:

you have to put in the following line in your .bashrc file

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages

after then you can start the gnuradio-companion from terminal.

(It looks it is a bug in Gnuradio 3.8.1 or later and will maybe solved in the future)

73 de dg0opk

This THREAD

is quiet since some month.... (i dont know why) ....

With DVB-S2 it is possible to send IP DATA to the full footprint....

i tested my system with 120cm RX/TX and i saw 3Mbit/s in fullduplex mode uplink/downlink....with my own signal (DVB-S2 Mode VIDEO)

Maybe IP over DVB-2 is not interesting for radio amateurs? (more for the commercial ones?)

an idea to get some more for an RX .... with low money system can be found maybe here....

https://www.heise.de/news/Def-…ter-300-Euro-4865615.html

Edit: maybe there it is any possibble to get the ip stream also from the MiniTiouner RX? maybe also as interface for other applications like ...plutosdr for TX or plutosdr as fullduplex data transmitter???

an IDEA also for MAKRO92???

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

if you are using the right WIFI-Modules with higher Bandwith 802.11n or better 802.11ac it will be no problem ....

Like i Wrote

"giving me 80Mbit in full duplex with low delay ..no problem with Pluto SDR in NB (SDR Console) and DATV"

73 de michael dg0opk

Hi,

Finally I rollback as drivers are not ready yet for most devices. I will like to use Python3 for GNURadio but ...

Hallo George ...

installed Ubuntu20.04 now on my Linux machine.... Pluto wit IIO-Oscillocope worked ok and and modules compiled like given in the info from analog devices ....

BUT:

I cannot get running Pluto with Gnuradio 3.8.1.... IIO and Pluto block are inside GRC

getting an error when starting the simple flowgraph... something si missing i think...

this did not help .... export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generating: '/home/michael/gnuradio/plutotest.py'

Executing: /usr/bin/python3 -u /home/michael/gnuradio/plutotest.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/michael/gnuradio/plutotest.py", line 33, in <module>

import iio

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'iio'

>>> Done (return code 1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANY IDEA ???

Thank You

73 de Michael dg0opk

You're right, I know a few other people on our planet Earth, who would be better sent to Mars first, or better just pass Mars. :-)

I'll be back!

Danke PETER ... (dass Du "back" sein wirst)

ich glaube auf der ERDE wirst Du noch gebraucht.... (für weitere projekte?)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

i am using a WIFI Bridge... (6cm) ...since one year now...

no problem detected until now... worked like a charm and like on the cable connected LAN....

edit: giving me 80Mbit in full duplex with low delay ..no problemn with Pluto SDR in NB (SDR Console) and DATV

73 de dg0opk

Hallo Robert...

i am using console 3.0.21 with Pluto Firmware F5OEO ("beta for the brave") and PTT out via GPIO0,1 works on my Plutos ...in NB and WB- Mode - but the switch on/off delay is a bit long. (maybe 0.5-1s)

maybe anyone other can confirm

73 de michael dg0opk