Posts by oh2uds

Hi Alex,

You're right.... I would like to keep the hope that in this Software based radio they have the hardware in place but the software is limiting :)

I am chasing for the service manual to see what the hardware side looks like, BEFORE OPENING IT :)

I am really suprised that both 705 and 905 don't have the transverter frequency display function :(

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris

Nice, but unfortunately not usable for satellite operation as a standalone unit - not full-duplex.

I was impressed with the frequency coverage of IC-905 and bought one this summer....

It's the easy way to access higher bands where I had a lot of up/down converters and amplifiers in my setup (also pluto SDR with a lot of additional hardware) all replaced with this single unit....

But, as Peter mentioned not having a dual watch capability is a bit limiting factor on practice... even on QO-100 with a modified LNB (directly IF to 70/13cm) its not easy to use, somehow I am used to full-duplex mode on satellite operation....

I didn't have a chance to go through the schematics to see if this SDR radio can have a split full-duplex capability (transmitting on one band/antenna while receiving on other band/antenna)... But if ICOMreleases a firmware that can add this capability, this radio will be an EXCELLENT Satallite radio for LEO/GEO satellites as well.....

Anyway, having access to higher bands easily for tetsing some homebrew is a good capability as well....

Maybe we can push a few feature requests to ICOM like;

- dual/split watch

- DATV (at least with low symbol rates)

- Xverter frequency display (I believe this is a missing must for IC-705/IC-905 to be used as IF radio)

Does anybody have the maintenance/service manual or schematic details of IC-905 ?

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris Dinc

Yes, I know that I was in the SSB part, because I was trying to show my friends from TA there I can get on to the bird with a minimal station.. Then while having the QSO with you I implemented the CW messenger on the radio (arduino).... I was not using a keyer but arduino code to transmit.. That's why I was late answering your.. Each reply I sent you, I had to compile it into the code and retune to the frequency...

after your QSO I implemented/completed the CW message memories and storing/retrieving memory channels :)

best regards and 73's

de OH2UDS / TA7W

Baris

Yess... and i am back again..

Last night I did some experiments for the transmission part of out tiny project.

I was able to accomplish a CW QSO with DF2ET df2et

My setup was

- an arduino + lcd + a keypad

- adf4531 frequency generator

- SKT65xx 1W amplifier

- 30Meters of RF cable

- a poty with dish

- an arduino sketch based on F1CJN and Guido's (uSDX) code

Current capabilities

- Can generate 2.4GHz uplink signals (1Khz steps for now, can go below as well)

- Have memory save/recall capabilities (10 channels)

- Have 10 CW message memory tha t you can shoose from menu and transmit

- 1 watt (guestimate) output

- works with 5V USB

Later to come soon:

- port GUIDO's SSB approach from uSDX and si5351 to ADF4531

73's de OH2UDS / TA7W

Baris

Activity Announcement

Dear HamRadio Friends,

We, a group of Turkish Radio Amateurs, prepared an activity to be online on QO-100 Transponder with a special activity permission from Turkish Authorities on 28 May 2022 (2.4GHz hamradio band is not active in Turkey).

We will activate a field-day/dx-pedition station in Maltepe/Istanbul at KN40nx. Our plan is to be more than 100 operators active on QO-100 SSB and DATV starting at 05:00 UTC until the end of the day 00:00 UTC.

The activity will also include demonstration of 10GHz QSO, AMPR/AREDN and also will be active on HF/VHF/UHF as well.

The callsign of the activity will be TC100QO, hope to catch you all on the satellite.

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris Dinc

Activity Announcement

Dear HamRadio Friends,

We, a group of Turkish Radio Amateurs, prepared an activity to be online on QO-100 Transponder with a special activity permission from Turkish Authorities on 28 May 2022 (2.4GHz hamradio band is not active in Turkey).

We will activate a field-day/dx-pedition station in Maltepe/Istanbul at KN40nx. Our plan is to be more than 100 operators active on QO-100 SSB and DATV starting at 05:00 UTC until the end of the day 00:00 UTC.

The activity will also include demonstration of 10GHz QSO, AMPR/AREDN and also will be active on HF/VHF/UHF as well.

The callsign of the activity will be TC100QO, hope to catch you all on the satellite.

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris Dinc

OE6MUE Thanks for the info.. I real;;y spent sometime to see the difference... You have very good cats... Good eyes...

Only by putting the spectrums on the top of each other, I managed to see the difference...

I get this as a BUG request and on the way of fixing..

Thanks

Baris DINC

OH2UDS/TA7W

And this is the second video with ADF4351 as a 1.1GHz Local Oscillator...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My goal for this weekend is to have it all in a tiny box....

Baris

OH2UDS/TA7W

Hi all,

A few months ago I started a Portable QO-100 transceiver project. I already presented it on Opensat Cubesat Workshop 2020.

The project is going on very slow but there are some improvements that I wanted to share here so we can maybe continue on the project with all your help.

A brief description about the project can be found in the following presentation :

https://github.com/barisdinc/S…reOSCW2020_barisdinc.pptx

Now here is a working demo for the reception part.

https://youtu.be/ttV4EAqNRC4

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris

Hi All,

I was very busy this week at work, so I didn't have time to work on this plugin when I am at home....

For the frequency definitions I was planning to make it hard coded into the plugin that people can modify if needed.

But then I decided to make it a predefined transponder and satellite channels (bouqet) definition and add it to system when installed. This way everybody can go and edit transponder/bouqets according to their setup.

e.g if they are using a modified LNB or a different IF frequency. (like Michel's hb9dug situation)

Any comments on this are welcome...

maybe you are using a version that has "more" bugss.... wait for a while, I will do a new release..

looks like the device is not able to do domain name translation.. Please chack that your box has a valid DNS entry and a proper connection.. you can try to ping servers from your box

for example:

ping eshail.batc.org.uk

oh2uds

Does your plugin use a satellite profile ? If Yes which one ?

73 de Michel, HB9DUG

No it does not use any satellite profile. The spectrum is coming from BATC services via websocket.

I have my own frequency definition inside the code (frequencies, etc.) to make it portable on any settopbox..... But not sure if I will need a satellite definition/transponder definiiton somehow.. I will inform you back soon

73'de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris DINC

Hi Mike,

Its inte=resting that I still see PYTHON 2.7 in your logs, where I am pretty sure that OPENATV 7 is based on Python 3

I only have /usr/lib/python3.9 folder on my sf8008 :(

Can you send me a picture of Information/About screen...

OE3GBB

can you copy the output of the "opkg list | grep websocket" command.. it should look like something like this :

libqt5websockets-mkspecs - 5.15.2+git0+f73735911b-r0 - qtwebsockets version 5.15.2+gitAUTOINC+f73735911b-r0

qtwebsockets version 5.15.2+gitAUTOINC+f73735911b-r0.

libqt5websockets-plugins - 5.15.2+git0+f73735911b-r0 - qtwebsockets version 5.15.2+gitAUTOINC+f73735911b-r0

libqt5websockets-qmlplugins - 5.15.2+git0+f73735911b-r0 - qtwebsockets version 5.15.2+gitAUTOINC+f73735911b-r0

libqt5websockets5 - 5.15.2+git0+f73735911b-r0 - qtwebsockets version 5.15.2+gitAUTOINC+f73735911b-r0

python3-websocket-client - 1.2.1-r0 - websocket client for python

websocket-client module is WebSocket client for python. This provide the

Question: The machine should be connected to internet.

Baris Dinc

OH2UDS/TA7W