Posts by DL5RDI

Hello Herko,

AFIK the dimensons are unchanged. I also experienced this phenomenon. I solved it by inserting a few pieces of dielectric material (I took parts of the plexiglas of an old CD cover) between the reflector and the "antenna". Thus I could bring the resonance of the TWO peaks left and right from 2.400 MHz and I could significantly improve the returnloss of these both resonances. A test via the QO-100 transponder showed, that my signal was al least 1dB better after this procedure. Thus the readings of the analyser were prooven in reality ;)

1dB is not much and you can think if it's worth the effort, but also the SWR was now in an acceptable range and I hope my 2,4GHz final will be happy ;)

73 de Johannes

Also egal ob N oder SMA am POTY - da darf keine (zumindest nur wenig) Kraft wirken, so daß die "dicken Kabel" nie direkt da angeflanscht werden dürfen. Wie bei den Kommerziellen (Mobilfunk) sollten die letzten ca. 10cm ein dünnes, flexibles Kabel sein, sonst bricht früher oder später die Buchse am Poty ab.

DL5CN

Ich habe es auch wie Du gemacht. Als Dielektrikum habe ich das Plexiglas von einer alten CD-Hülle genommen.

Ein Vorher-Nacher-Test über den Transponder hat gezeigt, dass dies nicht nur etwas "für's Auge" ist (schöne S11-Kurve), sondern bei mir auch das Signal um messbar 1dB angehoben hat. Für den Sender oder die PA ist ein "schönes SWR" natürlich auch gut.

Servus Johannes

DG2SBL

Hello Richard,

I use this progamm for many years and in the options menue you can activate special "fields" for SAT-use.

You can export the Log as ADIF or CSV and also send it "direct" to LOTW. The SAT-Mode and name of satellite etc. are correctly recogniced and accepted by LOTW (and eQSL and Clublog....).

Thus I think it's a very nice programm which fulfills all MY needs and so I reccomend it. And it's freeware.

But I also recommend you to read the instruction manual before use ;)

73, happy new year de Johannes

dm4im

...ein weiterer Vorteil dieser Methode ist, dass man auch den TCXO bei noch größerem "Stabilitäts-Bedarf" einfach gegen ein stabilisierte Referenz-Frequenz-Quelle (z.B. GPSDO) tauschen kann

.....oder auch die Referenzfrequenz (und damit die LNB-ZF) einfach verändern kann...z.B. für DATV-Empfang mit einem herkömmlichen SAT-Receiver.....

DL1GNM

many thanks for this test !

Da nahezu alle TV-Offsetspiegel sehr ähnliche "Proportionen" haben gibt es m.E. schon eine für (nahezu alle) Offsetspiegel "optimale" Linse. Welche das ist und wie sie aussehen muss, das werden wir sicher noch heraus finden - die Linsen von Rocket-LNBs (z.B. Venton) sind schon nahe dran ;)

quod erat demonstradum

73 de Johannes

dl6dca

Naja, so viel Diversivität gibt es ja bezüglich der Spiegel eigentlich nicht.

Es gibt Offsetspiegel. Bei diesen benötigt man vor einem Hohlleiter zur optimalen "Ausleuchtung" eine dielektrische Linse.

Die 2. Variante sind die echten, rotationssymmetrischen Parabolspiegel, hier wird vor einem Hohlleiter keine Linse benötigt - ein handelsübliches LNB, welches für Offsetspiegel ausgelegt ist (sind nahezu alle LNBs) bringt hier nicht die volle Leistung.

Da nahezu alle TV-Offsetspiegel sehr ähnliche "Proportionen" haben gibt es m.E. schon eine für (nahezu alle) Offsetspiegel "optimale" Linse. Welche das ist und wie sie aussehen muss, das werden wir sicher noch heraus finden - die Linsen von Rocket-LNBs (z.B. Venton) sind schon nahe dran ;)

73 de Johannes, DL5RDI

HB9RYZ

Hello Wolfgang,

obviously you did not read the instruction manual ;)

In the options menue you can activate different things - one of the features are special fields for Sat-use: e.g. Sat-name, Sat mode.....

I feel comfortable with this (in my opinion) very good freeware program.

73 de Johannes

DD4YR

Hello Robert,

I have to disagree. The most important thing in a HF-pileup is the 2nd receiver (see all the top HF-radio models !). The monitoring of the pileup is essential for success in a pileup. If you have an experienced DX-OP it is not adversely when you can monitor all the pileup (neither for the DX nor for the caller). You have to observe the habits of the DX-OP and than you have to call on the "right" frequency. (As it should be in HAM radio 99% listening and 1% calling).

As VE4SW already said full duplex (monitoring your own signal) and split is not a contradiction !

For QO-100 I use an analogue receiver to listen to the DX and in addition a SDR to watch all the pileup and to listen (and constantly monitor) my own transmission.

Thus I still can not see "two rules fighting" or any reason why working split via QO-100 (in certain cases) should be omitted.

But lets look forward for an offical statement from AMSAT.

73 de Johannes DL5RDI / AC2TR

Hello,

did you listen to the simplex pileup ? Could you copy the DX-Station in the crowd of calling HAMs ?

No - you couldn't copy the DX. Thus the DX has to wait until everybody calms down and then can reply to one station.

In split mode the DX has its "own" QRG and will be heard and can answer to a call sign, even when many stations are calling. Thus the QSO rate is much, much higher (higher efficiency).

Thus in my opinion split mode for rare DX with huge pileup is also useful via QO-100.

73 de Johannes

hb9iiu

if you are looking for a remote conrol solution, you could take a raspery and connect it via serial with the Upconverter and via WLAN with your home network. Than you can (e.g. via TeamViewer) remote controll the raspery and with a terminal program you can communicate with your upconverter and switch between TX and RX (and also on/off, forward and refleted power, IF readout and IF change....)..

73 de Johannes

Hello,

I used something like this (not exactly this antenna, but with the same technical data) during my hollidays this year in I5 (Toscana). With about 10W I had a very good readable SSB signal via QO-100 (about 3db below the CW beacon).

73 de Johannes