BLF2425M9 replacement or similar amp?

• Hi,
    I want to upgrade from my "8" Watt WiFi Amp to a better pa. I want to built DJ0ABRs 10W and 30W amplifier but the LDMOS (BLF2425M9) for the 30W Version is out of stock everywhere. I've looked for drop-in replacements but I couldn't find ones with the same footprint. Do you know of any similar ICs which might work or a supplier which doesn't prices them for around 120€ ? Otherwise, I'll just use the 10 Watt version for the time being if it is an improvement instead of the wifi amp?

Regards,
    Joshua,
    DL3JOP

• Hi Matthias,
    thank you for the qso and your signal report too! I started working on my ocxo pcb to mitigate the drift!

I already studied the BOM and decide to order everything for the 10W and 30W version because the 30W Version uses mostly similar parts. I read your test on the 10W amp and had the fear that the power would not be enough or similar to the power of the wifi amp. But I'll try the version and look how far I will come!

Regards,
    Joshua

• Hi Joshua,

I have look for replacements, but non of the possible transistors are available, or extremely expensive. It looks like there is a shortage in production maybe due to Corona.

The 30W option was originally developed for small camping dishes, like the dish we are using for our portable club station. If you are using a normal >=80cm dish, then the 10W amp is a good choice. It gives real 8W which is enough the trigger Leila.

vy 73, Kurt, DJ0ABR

• It is not a direct replacement, but you should consider to use a BLF7G27LS-90. It is only about € 40,- and good for 18W DATV / 90W CW on 2.4 GHz. I using PCBs out of older router equipment and I did not need to do any snowflakeing. So I could provide a copy of that PCB traces.

• The 30W option was originally developed for small camping dishes, like the dish we are using for our portable club station. If you are using a normal >=80cm dish, then the 10W amp is a good choice. It gives real 8W which is enough the trigger Leila.

Hi, thank you , that's very good to know. With my current drive level and the gain you measured I should get around 4-5 Watts. I'll work on from there. Thank you for sharing your design. I'll answer here when I have everything assembled and measured!

but you should consider to use a BLF7G27LS-90.

Thank you for your input, I put it on the backburner for now and see how far I come with the 10 Watt Version.

Regards,
    Joshua