IS0GRB Use OBS in H265 without dedicated board

• Even so, people will need to upgrade eventually. The built in MPEG Transport Stream Generator and H264/5 codecs are not really suited to our means. It would be so much better if we could find someone able to develop a DATV plugin for OBS that would generate a transport stream. This would save messing about with OBS Record or RTMP streaming or Virtual cameras and would probably fix the lip sync issues that also often occur.

Incidentally, DroidCam https://github.com/dev47apps/ has a virtual camera output, with audio, that works with OBS. It is quite easy to use.

For those with intel CPUs of recent vintage, a batch script like this may prove useful.

c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg -f dshow -video_size 1280x720 -rtbufsize 100M -i video="DroidCam Video" -thread_queue_size 512 -f dshow -i audio="Microphone (DroidCam Audio)" -vcodec hevc_qsv -bf 0 -pix_fmt nv12 -b:v 220k -r 15 -preset slow -profile:v main -acodec aac -aac_coder twoloop -ar 48000 -ac 1 -b:a 32k -f mpegts -muxrate 325k -streamid 0:256 -streamid 1:257 -metadata service_provider="YOURCALL" -metadata service_name="YOURNAME" -max_delay 2500000 -pcr_period 40 -pat_period 0.4 "udp://192.168.2.1:8282?pkt_size=1316"

once suitably edited for name, callsign and IP address might be useful. As usual edit muxrate and video rate to suit the symbol rate. The above assumes 325kb/s which would work with 250ks 2/3 FEC.

The video size parameter is important as it instructs Drodcam what to send to the codec. You may get away with a smaller buffer but RAM is cheap. Attached an image of it working, sending to VLC, slightly earlier script.

[Blocked Image: https://forum.batc.org.uk/download/file.php?id=5385]

Mike

• droidcam works fine with the phone webcam, but virtualcam on obs 27.2.4 is used to transmit the whole screen of obs to pluto!

there are 2 different functions, or at least with obs 28 it is not possible to communicate between OBS and DATV Easy!

Please look at the actual link! IF you were to do so you would find that Droidcam does both these things., with different applications. DATV easy will need to be updated, but it is a very minor update to the name of the sources.

• All I did was run the two executables on the git hub, then Droidcam appears in the OBS tools menu. If you run it, there is a virtual webcam with the names "DroidCam Video" and "Microphone (DroidCam Audio)"

I run a script which I have coped above. You can't use DATV Easy as it seems to have the source names wired in, but it will only be a matter of changing those and re-compiling so the developer won't have too much to do. The only difference is it is necessary to set the resolution and audio rate required or Driodcam won't know what to send it and will default to probably 640x480. This is what the command segment above does. It requests 1280x720 video and 48kHz audio.

• Hi all,

I have small problem with the patch 2.1 on the 0303 firmware: the parameters are not saved even after pluto reboot.

The /mnt/jffs2/etc/settings-datv.txt is not available, the form values are not initialized ! Please take a look at the setup page

any adiea how to solve the problem ? maybe a problem of acces right of this file?

thanks for your help

• Hello F4IYV, please login in the Pluto and do this command to format the jffs2 partition:

# device_format_jffs2

Reboot Pluto and try again to upload my patch and save parameters.

If not work please use the recovery procedure first using the 0.32 Adalm Pluto firmware.

If you have others problems write me again.

Best 73

Roberto is0grb

• Hi Roberto,

I've try to fix with the command and I ve also restore to orginial firmware and 0303. when I load the patch same problem.

(I tested on pluto B and D version) same problem.

Thanks for your help

Jeremy F4IYV

• The latest versions of OBS integrate different implementations and it is useful to update it with libx265.

To update OBS 28.0 and later use this ffmpeg package V.5.1.2.

Overwrite the .dll files contained in the bin directory of the package in the 64bit directory of OBS.

Below is the link to the ffmpeg 5.1.2 latest release package:

https://www.gyan.dev/ffmpeg/bu…eg-release-full-shared.7z

You can also find it also on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/…dRI6S8BU/view?usp=sharing

OBS encoding sources natively in H265 without graphics card with libx265 guarantees much higher quality.

Roberto IS0GRB