H265 encoding without hardware - ffmpeg instance creation

• Hello guys good afternoon,

I am trying to record H265 video content with OBS and ffmpeg.

I have read the following thread from DL9SEC :

To work around this, the UDP stream is not sent to the Pluto directly, but to a local FFMPEG instance running which transcodes the stream from H.264 to H.265, downscales audio (thanks to G0MJW for the hint) and send another UDP stream to the Pluto.

&thumbnail=1

The FFMPEG instance runs in a console window here with the following parameters:

ffmpeg -i "udp://localhost:7272" -vcodec libx265 -crf 33 -preset superfast -b:v 40k -acodec ac3_fixed -strict experimental -b:a 12k -ar 12000 -vf scale=384:-2:flags=lanczos -r 12 -f mpegts "udp://192.168.0.199:8282?pkt_size=1316"

As I am not at all familiar with ffmpeg, I would like to know how to create the ffmpeg instance mentionned. What I mean : how must it be put into localhost? As a file , batch file ?

I have ffmpeg running in Windows Power shell.

Right now I am working trough OBS with the libx265 encoder from ffmpeg but I want to try to reduce the audio bitrate

Thanks a lot for any help.

ON7TU Lucien

• Hello Chris,

Thanks a lot for your assistance !!

This topic looks very interesting, and I will of course make a test with FreeStreamCoder.

It seems that also the LinkPi encoder is an interesting H265 box in which one can also reduce Audio bitrate lower then 32.

I saw you are also using this box.

73 ON7TU

Lucien